Grats Horde

85 Undead Priest
It's not fair, we have a handicap (IWC).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Check the achievements, I had both that you linked me. pz

mad hahaha

Also, tell your bad guild to stop q'ing for TB, I tried four different times yesterday and couldn't get in, one of which was lost.
Edited by Hunting on 12/20/2010 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
ATP

Hope you got the raid done, because that was very shortlived.

All day Sunday, We had eyes on your guild and others to see where they were during your TB offensive. Malatov, Battlemaster and fire, were among the 18 ATP members NOT attending. The only ATP we saw all day was Sylenara(hunter) and Bear.

So you Hibernate all day when the real challenge is upon you, and you come out in force at 3 am.

Fact : We won at 3am, but we also come out to play when we know we'll lose.

PS. And yes, we got our dungeon done.

You're so right, IWC took their lumps and made sure to give it their all to try and get Tol Barad back.

They didn't go do something completely unrelated during a Tol Barad like raid an empty city.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7821/sayberhastopoop.jpg

SERVER FIRST
Edited by Malatov on 12/20/2010 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Bro fighting a PvE boss with NO special mechanics that would be any inconvenience to a raid and no players guarding/defending the boss, is THE BEST KIND OF PVP.
Edited by Hunting on 12/20/2010 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Trash talk aside, this zone is really a huge disappointment. It's sad that the ONLY time it's even remotely possible to take is at 3 AM when only a handful of people are on. Alliance started with it, held it for a while, lost it at 3 AM. Next day at 3 AM they took it back. It's 1-1 guys, and neither are exactly noteworthy victories.

Also Malatov, stay of my pet Pally healer! (This is Lirael btw)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Malatov doesn't like it when I afk over Stormwind.
Reply Quote
12/20/2010 11:19 AMPosted by Kodyluvsu

All day Sunday, We had eyes on your guild and others to see where they were during your TB offensive. Malatov, Battlemaster and fire, were among the 18 ATP members NOT attending. The only ATP we saw all day was Sylenara(hunter) and Bear.

So you Hibernate all day when the real challenge is upon you, and you come out in force at 3 am.

Wait, weren't you the same person crying about spies / using cross faction characters to get info near the end of WoTLK?

You know what they say.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
:) I wish I could say you're cute when your mad, but you're not.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting cocks?
I could really use a cock right now.
Cock right now.

PZ
Edited by Hunting on 12/20/2010 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
12/20/2010 11:23 AMPosted by Sabrial
Trash talk aside, this zone is really a huge disappointment. It's sad that the ONLY time it's even remotely possible to take is at 3 AM when only a handful of people are on. Alliance started with it, held it for a while, lost it at 3 AM. Next day at 3 AM they took it back. It's 1-1 guys, and neither are exactly noteworthy victories.

Also Malatov, stay of my pet Pally healer! (This is Lirael btw)

QFT. It's like the old WG, but instead of the offensive side winning every time and switching sides, the defending wins until 3 am. At least when offense was overpowered you could get VoA/use the vendors frequently, now you have to wait a day. What's more, towers are ignored completely by defense. A good change would tackle both problems, like making it so when all three towers are down, offense only has to capture two points.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

Almost as hilarious as bombarding people with whispers over a 3AM win after not winning for weeks?.

That's a bit of a hyperbole. Tomorrow will only be two weeks into Cataclysm, and I know we had it for a period of time during the first week. With all faction-feuding aside, it's pretty well documented that defending is significantly easier than attacking. It's really only plausible to take it during super off hours, 2:30AM and onward. I don't really find it cheesy that 3AM captures have been the only successful conversions for both sides. The place is a #%^&show for balance. Holding it for 7~ days is really more of an indicator that the Horde are unmotivated to stay up until sunrise to cap TB than Alliance is hopelessly better at PVP. Either way, when I get exalted I'll be glad to stay out until they fix it.

tl;dr - TB is imba

What's more, towers are ignored completely by defense. A good change would tackle both problems, like making it so when all three towers are down, offense only has to capture two points.

Each broken tower needs to give offense +5% damage/healing/health for a total of 15%. Blizzard really needs to hire me.
Edited by Lionguard on 12/20/2010 12:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I saw a brolliance flying around on that West Wind drake. Enough motivation to me to sit on the sidelines booing when we lose and quietly slipping in to do dailies when we win.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
ATP
We most definitely did the Exodar raid In between TB battles. At that time we were still trying to win TB during peak hours.

The screenshot was taken at 11PM on a tuesday. It might not be the 8-9 battle, but its as close to peak hours outside of that.

And no, it was immediately after the fight, as in Velen died during which. I figured that would be assumed by the "Enjoy Tol Barad" and a bunch of people asking for daily invites.

And, all that aside, do we really want to think about how it took IWC a week of slamming their heads to take it while ATP gathered people for one night and got it? Sure, we may "hibernate", but then again... why not?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
ATP
12/20/2010 12:01 PMPosted by Lionguard
Each broken tower needs to give offense +5% damage/healing/health for a total of 15%. Blizzard really needs to hire me.

Maybe. I dont think its a confrontational thing that is causing the imbalance. Imagine EOTS if all you had to do was prevent the other team from controlling all four towers at once to win. Even that would be a little easier since there would atleast be two towers the defense would have a difficult time getting to. TB's current state you just die and pick a new place to zerg.

Defense is clearly imbalanced. Still, I can't help but feel Alliance would be on the up regardless. Even # queues kind of puts a randomized filter on Horde, not as much of a problem on this side.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
12/20/2010 12:17 PMPosted by Malatov

Defense is clearly imbalanced. Still, I can't help but feel Alliance would be on the up regardless. Even # queues kind of puts a randomized filter on Horde, not as much of a problem on this side.

Possibly, largely because the population imbalance actually works in your favor in this case. Shorter queue times = better pvp gear on average, and a smaller player pool means it's easier to get guild or preformed groups in the fight. I don't have a problem with those advantages, we can overcome that, I just hate how ridiculous attacking is in its current state.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/20/2010 12:24 PMPosted by Sabrial

Possibly, largely because the population imbalance actually works in your favor in this case. Shorter queue times = better pvp gear on average, and a smaller player pool means it's easier to get guild or preformed groups in the fight. I don't have a problem with those advantages, we can overcome that, I just hate how ridiculous attacking is in its current state.

QFT. You very well may have a slightly higher control rate of TB regardless, but its state right now is just unacceptable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]