How to get to Dalaran?

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
Without a mage or warlock? I'm in Stormwind at the docks and I can't find the boat. Since no mage will respond to me, I'm stuck trying to find the "old" way to Northrend. Help?
90 Night Elf Hunter
The ship to Borean Tundra in Northrend leaves from the north dock in Stormwind Harbor.

You can find a lot of information about traveling in the new Azeroth here:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Cataclysm_travel_guide

The guide explains the new travel concept that arrived with Patch 4.0.3a and Cataclysm: the capital cities are now transportation centers, with improved mass transit and new portal hubs providing fast access to all parts of the world.

The guide also serves as a quick reference, with maps of mass transit routes and detailed tables listing ports, routes, portals, and the new portal hubs.
Edited by Alaurai on 12/19/2010 3:21 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
For low level players the first trip to Dalaran is easy and painless on PvE realms and costs 2 gold. Alliance: The ship from the north dock of Stormwind is free but the griffin master in the Northrend port will charge you 2 gold. Every player character is born knowing the Dalaran flight point. Trip home is free via the portal to Stormwind (patch 4.2) inside the Silver Enclave in the room with all the class trainers. Set your hearthstone before you leave to avoid another 2 gold fare next time. Druids level 15 and mages level 24 have other free teleports and don't need the portal home. Horde trip is similar except for zeppelin trip, and portal to Orgrimmar is inside Sunreaver Sanctuary.
90 Human Mage
07/20/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Tinkatailor
For low level players the first trip to Dalaran is easy and painless on PvE realms and costs 2 gold. Alliance: The ship from the north dock of Stormwind is free but the griffin master in the Northrend port will charge you 2 gold. Every player character is born knowing the Dalaran flight point. Trip home is free via the portal to Stormwind (patch 4.2) inside the Silver Enclave in the room with all the class trainers. Set your hearthstone before you leave to avoid another 2 gold fare next time. Druids level 15 and mages level 24 have other free teleports and don't need the portal home. Horde trip is similar except for zeppelin trip, and portal to Orgrimmar is inside Sunreaver Sanctuary.

Before taking the effort to make a post with so much information, it's a good idea to check the datestamp on what you're replying to. Methinks they've figured it out by now.
90 Orc Hunter
Without a mage or warlock? I'm in Stormwind at the docks and I can't find the boat. Since no mage will respond to me, I'm stuck trying to find the "old" way to Northrend. Help?

If a boat and flight are too slow for you, try doing "/who z-Dalaran" and look for anyone in a level 21+ guild. Ask to form a party, and have them teleport you (Have Group, Will Travel).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]