Time Warner Instance Load Screen Hanging

85 Night Elf Mage
Mine started occurring when I came home for the holidays on a different internet connection. I feel like its partially an ISP issue. We'll see what happens when I go back to school.
80 Orc Death Knight
I had this issue and found a solution, maybe it can work for you as well.

Keep in mind I have windows vista.

Go to Start Menu
Control Panel
System
Device Manager on the upper left
On the new window go into Network Adapters and right click on the one you have.
Click Properties
Click on the Advance tab
Now I had to change the option to disable the following. IP Checksum Offload, TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) and UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)

After I disabled those three I closed off WoW and restarted my computer. Hope that helps you.
89 Night Elf Druid
Same problem here, can't log into a character and am stuck at Loading screen. I only am able to get in 1 our of 30 tries regardless which toon I try to log into... I have deleted chache WTF and even did the repair and reinstalled game. This is ridiculous and I am not paying 15$ a month to not play! My account renewed its monthly fee on DEC 14th and I have only been able to log in a few times. I demand a solution soon Blizzard, or a refund for the past month!
85 Blood Elf Priest
Having this problem as well, going on a couple of weeks now. I've done everything the OP has done short of reinstalling WoW and I am still intermittently getting stuck at the loading screen (full blue bar).
90 Draenei Shaman
Bump
100 Tauren Warrior
I've also been having this exact same issue. It can happen when loading into or out of dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, and arenas.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump. Was told to post here by a blizzard poster. Same exact issue.

ISP is TWC
Location is northern NY.
Only happens when zoning into/out of instances.

Already disabled all checksums and flow control. Been set to 100mbps full duplex, about to try 10mbps full as someone on another thread suggested.
Edited by Sibrina on 1/1/2011 9:55 AM PST
Support Forum Agent
I believe that this is probably related to the 'Hanging at load bar at log on' issue, but it is possible that they do not have the same root cause. If you prefer having your own thread for this issue, you can use this one to post info, but please do not post here if you are unable to log on to the game, at all. That will make data collection much more difficult.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
85 Worgen Rogue
I have the same issue, ready to provide any information needed to assist.

I'm one of the TWC, upstate NY customers from that prior thread. The problem is extremely similar to the one before, if not more frequent. This makes arena impossible : (.
85 Night Elf Hunter
I have been having this problem for like 9 days now, i have been posting on another forum and the blues said that the problem was fixed but its still doing the same thing, any time i get a load screen, coming in or out of a dungeon, or in and out of pvp or game, i get a load screen freeze, its really impossible to play at this point, im fet up with it to be honest. fix this or im done with wow.
85 Orc Hunter
I have been having this issue since the Cata release. It started with the cut scenes. I would lock up coming out of them. Now, it appears that it is a high percentage of when I encounter the loading screen.

ETA: My wife is having no such issue. Same internal network, router, ISP. I have disabled all UIs with no change.
Edited by Orf on 1/1/2011 1:04 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
01/01/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Shadowstryke
I have been having this problem for like 9 days now, i have been posting on another forum and the blues said that the problem was fixed but its still doing the same thing, any time i get a load screen, coming in or out of a dungeon, or in and out of pvp or game, i get a load screen freeze, its really impossible to play at this point, im fet up with it to be honest. fix this or im done with wow.

There was a specific issue with one ISP a few days ago that was resolved, but this issue is continuing to affect a small number of accounts scattered across many ISPs.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
85 Human Paladin
Central New York also on Time Warner. Happens to my wife and I at different computers, at different times. I've found that it's really killing the fun of the game for me, and I'm sure it annoys the heck out of my friends/guildmates when I say 'I'm hung up, need to restart and hope to get in' or 'This is too much, get another healer.'

Tried the various tricks with WTF folders, etc., my wife tried a clean install and it's still not working. Thanks for looking into it, hope there's a solution soon.
90 Blood Elf Priest
No luck on 10mbps full duplex. Still happening.
85 Draenei Paladin
my husband and i have the same issue. it mainly happens when we fist log in, and then when we die in an instance. ive been reading so many forums and can not figure out what to do. ive deleted the cash files, and nothing. ive even loaded in with no mods and i still get hung up. its just getting really old. ill go with 10 wipes and ill be fine. but then the 11th ill get hung up. after a few tries i can load in but usually kicked from my group..please fix this.
85 Goblin Warrior
I've been having this problem since about 4.03 release. I don't generally have to altF4 out, luckily.

What does happen is that when a loading screen is encountered (not the initial loading screen ever, only instance or zone loading screens) the blue bar will simply not appear. I will then sit at that loading screen for around 5 minutes or so before being kicked back to the area I was in before (start in org, load an LFG instance, I will sit for 5m or more at the loading screen with no loading bar progress and then end up in org while still placed in my LFD group). Sometimes I can hear ingame sounds, usually from the area I was previously in (if I was in orgrimmar and just started to load an LFD instance I will hear the sounds of what's going on in Org). If its after a wipe I will end up in a graveyard and upon trying to zone back into the instance there is about a 50/50 chance that if the screen hangs I will zone in or port back to the graveyard. I never get this bug twice in a row. The second loading attempt will always be successful and very quick.

Clearing the cache and WTF folders does nothing to solve the issue, nor does running 0 addons with default UI.
85 Draenei Mage
I continue to have this problem. I use Time Warner Cable as my ISP, and I saw the post about the issue w/ TWC being resolved, but I am still stricken by it. Whenever I attempt to go into an arena, the game has a chance to hang at a full loading bar. If I alt-f4 quickly I can sometimes get back in before the gates open but experience a large spike of lag.

Also, Central NY, Time Warner Cable.
Edited by Auren on 1/1/2011 5:38 PM PST
01/01/2011 12:30 PMPosted by BrianI
I believe that this is probably related to the 'Hanging at load bar at log on' issue, but it is possible that they do not have the same root cause. If you prefer having your own thread for this issue, you can use this one to post info, but please do not post here if you are unable to log on to the game, at all. That will make data collection much more difficult.

Is there a sticky already related to the 'Hanging at load bar at log on' issue or could you please point out where we can find further information on how to solve or what work is being done to solve this issue?

For me, the issue is certainly hit or miss but always the same symptoms. First of all there is no lag experienced in game at all. Whenever a loading screen comes up between continents or a dungeon there is a good chance (50%+) the load bar will fill up to 100% but I will remain at the loading screen. My guildmates say that I am in the zone and doing idle animations. I can hear the music for the zone. This can happen on initial login after a complete exit from the client as well as after a clean reboot of the system. It will also occur while switching toons. The worst, however, is switching from Azeroth content to a dungeon and vice-versa. This makes releasing and running back in a crap shoot.

Once the bar reaches full I can either wait approximately 2 minutes to be disconnected or am forced to close WoW

My hunch is that this is somehow related to interim patch information. 100% of the time if I experience this issue, close WoW, and start up the launcher it says it is applying non-critical updates. If I wait for everything to apply the game functions fine until the next set of non-critical updates is made available. I tested this out by logging out and logging in repeatedly and changing zones while "World of Warcraft is up to date." At this point I will not start WoW until I see the "World of Warcraft is up to date" message yet there appears to be something to apply every 1-2 hours.
Edited by Elwara on 1/1/2011 6:09 PM PST
85 Worgen Death Knight
I am having the same issue myself. I too am from central new york and have Twc as my internet provider. This problem has basicly made it so i cant arena and is ruining the game for me.
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm having the exact same problem. My ISP is Central NY Time Warner Cable. I seem to be ok when I first start playing. But as I load in and out of instances/BG's more and more, I'll disconnect just about everytime. It's not immediately. I have to hang at the blue bar or close wow completely to be able to log back in. It's very annoying when you're in a group, not only to me, but to everyone else that has to wait for it as well.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]