Time Warner Instance Load Screen Hanging

85 Draenei Shaman
It seems that the problem is only occuring to one of my computers on my internal network at a time more consistently than before although it could just be coincidence. Anyone experiencing something similar?
85 Blood Elf Priest
Hi,

I am also receiving a similar issue, unlike http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406222523?page=1

I get the same issue whether I am entering an instance like RFC or an instance like Stonecore. I get stuck for quite sometime and usually have to resort to messaging a GM to have me ported back to Ogrimmar.

I have tried the following but still getting the same issue on my computer here in school as well as back home. This also means i get the same problem even on two different internet connection:

1. Delete Cache, data/Cache, interface/addons/Blizzard_* folders, WTF/Account
2. Repaired WOW
3. Wait till the Launcher bar reaches full before clicking Play
4. Played without addons
5. Played with minimum settings
6. Updated Video Card Drivers.

Like what the OP has said, it's a hit and miss kind of thing, but it happens quite frequent.

Lastly, I'm playing from Singapore.

Regards.
Edited by Nuzyal on 1/4/2011 10:36 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
Bumpity bump.

I'm still having this problem.
85 Orc Death Knight

I'd keep going but I think it's pretty obvious where I'm going with this, almost all the users who have the same symptoms are tied to the Chicago Servers. I'm pretty sure that the few that aren't are posting in the wrong thread because they think their case is similar somehow.

While that is an interesting observation, I would like to point out that I am having the same instance/zone loading screen issues as some of the posters in this thread per my post here a couple of pages back, but my issues started at the start of 4.0.1 on an LA data center server. I am now on a New York data center server. So the problem does not directly linked to Chicago data center servers.

You are experiencing the same or similar issue likely due to a different cause.

When half of the front page of tech support is about the same issue, with the same ISP, on the same datacenter, in a single geographical region, there is probably some sort of commonality issue they are all experiencing.

I would conservatively estimate 95% of the posters in this thread who are having the same symptoms with TWC are all caused by "the Chicago datacenter + TWC problem" that was supposedly fixed a few days ago.

So yes, the issue most of us are commonly directly linked to the Chicago datacenters (there are two), even if yours isn't.
Edited by Sealedpact on 1/4/2011 3:17 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
I posted about this same issue in the thread that was locked saying the problem was fixed. This issue makes raiding with my guild almost impossible as each wipe causes 2 load screens and half the time i have to force quit wow and restart it to get back in the game. Even after a force quit i might have to restart 2-3 times before it finally loads and lets me enter the dungeon or leave it.

My ISP is time warner in central NY. The only fix i've heard from other guildmates is using a service like smoothping. I've played WoW for 5 years now and never had any connection issues with my computer until i started to run dungeons in cata. Please try to fix this as soon as possible and thanks for hopefully working on it.
100 Draenei Shaman
Well as mentioned before I am having the same issue. The one day they fixed the problem, mine was indeed corrected. Logged in first time everytime with no problems. One of my sons was suddenly unable to log in however and then after many many attempts searched the forums and found out that more people were unable to log in than before the fix. Blizz did a rolling restart (which I assume put us back to the way things were) and I was once again back with the same problem.

Currently it takes me approximately 5 tries to get in. First two I hang at the load screen till I Alt-F4 out. Next two kick me out as soon as I get to the load in screen. Usually the 5th, 6th or 7th one I get in.

Crossing my fingers this is getting fixed. I use Cable One service. I have two others who play Wow in my family and they have no issues logging in.
85 Tauren Paladin
Bumping cause i have the same issue

when i first log, it takes ages, long so that when finally the load screen is over, i'm away
85 Goblin Mage
I'm having the same issue. The problem has been around for about 2 weeks.

Realm: Frostmourne
Battlegroup: Bloodlust
ISP: Optus

Sometimes my FPS also drops as soon as I enter combat. This only happens in certain instances. Changing my graphics settings has no effect.
80 Orc Death Knight
Personally, I'm getting sick of this issue and I have been enduring it since the 22nd of december 2010. Not only do I have to wait 40 mins for a group but those impatient.... players.... wouldn't even give me 1 minute to restart my modem. They kick me from the group and I cannot requeue till the dungeon cooldown expires. I really really really hope Blizzard had a damn good reason to change their traffic pattern to justify making me go through this daily frustration. It's getting to the point I don't even want to log on anymore.
85 Goblin Shaman
Just had to alt-f4 out from a stuck load screen for the thousandth time. every time that happens ima bump dis thread
90 Night Elf Druid
BUMP
85 Blood Elf Priest
bump =[
85 Night Elf Hunter
Bump!! >:(
85 Draenei Shaman
01/04/2011 3:15 PMPosted by Sealedpact

While that is an interesting observation, I would like to point out that I am having the same instance/zone loading screen issues as some of the posters in this thread per my post here a couple of pages back, but my issues started at the start of 4.0.1 on an LA data center server. I am now on a New York data center server. So the problem does not directly linked to Chicago data center servers.

You are experiencing the same or similar issue likely due to a different cause.

When half of the front page of tech support is about the same issue, with the same ISP, on the same datacenter, in a single geographical region, there is probably some sort of commonality issue they are all experiencing.

I would conservatively estimate 95% of the posters in this thread who are having the same symptoms with TWC are all caused by "the Chicago datacenter + TWC problem" that was supposedly fixed a few days ago.

So yes, the issue most of us are commonly directly linked to the Chicago datacenters (there are two), even if yours isn't.

I am not saying some people here who are experiencing the same or similar issue aren't linked to the Chicago datacenter + TWC problem, but not all are. I have been having this issue since 4.0.1 first hit and had no issues prior to that. I have also read other threads and know other people who have experienced the same issues for nearly as long as I have who aren't on a Chicago datacenter server or use TWC as their ISP.

While the Chicago datacenter + TWC may get fixed, where does that leave the rest of us who have the same loading screen issues who don't fall into that category? I have been fighting this for while now yet there has been no relief to it.
im having this problem as well.
85 Gnome Mage
bumping
85 Goblin Mage
I made a thread but this is my exact issue down to the last "T".
85 Human Mage
I'm still experiencing this issue. I'm with TWC out of Albany, NY.
85 Undead Mage
01/04/2011 6:22 PMPosted by Mackerel
Just had to alt-f4 out from a stuck load screen for the thousandth time. every time that happens ima bump dis thread

If I did that this thread would be 50+ pages long by now. Literally.

Probably longer.
Edited by Qbert on 1/5/2011 6:15 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
bump.. :/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]