KICK- PVE inconsistency with other interrupts

90 Troll Rogue
12/19/2010 5:39 PMPosted by Scamp
Glyph of Kick should remove the spellcasting prevention but reduce the energy cost to 0.

Why? When every other class with an interupt has a method of reducing the cost to 0 and keeping the spellcasting prevention.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I just hate it when a RL puts rogues on interrupt duty while there are other classes that could do it w/o a dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/19/2010 6:28 PMPosted by Xiva
I just hate it when a RL puts rogues on interrupt duty while there are other classes that could do it w/o a dps loss.

It's because this is old school thinking. Some players nowadays have no idea what classes can reliably interrupt. Also a lot of bosses have mechanics where they cast every X seconds, so the length of your "lockout" doesn't matter at all. A rogue's lockout lasts 5 secs vs an enhancement's 2 second lockout, thats great too bad the boss just casts every 11 seconds regardless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You don't lose dps by pooling the energy, but you still lose DPS by using it on a kick.

And people *%!@ing wonder why we get so many threads on these forums calling DPS idiots these days.

I don't know what you are smoking, and I don't want any.

Rogue theorycrafting 101:
a) letting your energy cap is a dps loss
b) any energy spent on something that doesn't deal damage or indirectly increase your dps (such as S&D) is a DPS loss.

From a theoretical perspective, as the OP said, using kick is technically a DPS loss, which is the OP's main point in this thread.

Notice that I never said, as I imagine you are inferring, that the extra dps is more important than that kick. I know perfectly well that interrupting a big spell is a) more important than the extra dps I would've done and b) saves more time than the damage I would've done with that 15 energy if the healer doesn't have to drink.

In a lot of my groups, I'm almost always lowest in damage taken, 1st or 2nd in damage done, and (if I use MM spec) 1st or 2nd on interrupts. I switched to MM just for the last boss of H VP today so I could use readiness on an extra Master's Call. Because I care.

So are you man/woman enough to admit that you made a mistaken assumption?
Edited by Samarana on 12/19/2010 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/19/2010 6:17 PMPosted by Dreltath
Glyph of Kick should remove the spellcasting prevention but reduce the energy cost to 0.

Why? When every other class with an interupt has a method of reducing the cost to 0 and keeping the spellcasting prevention.

Mostly because the glyph in its current iteration is useless anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]