Are there any instances you will not heal?

85 Troll Shaman
Are there any instances you will not heal?
and why not?

In a pug situation I will not heal Hbrc. Taking the time to explain the mechanic is alright but then failing at it 5 or 6 times in a row, starts to test my patience.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Most of the instances are not hard to heal when you explain the fights clearly and don't have brain dead dps, although whenever I get heroic Blackrock Caverns or Stonecore and the tank says "haven't done this one before" or something similar I always get a strong urge to drop group before we even get started.

This is mainly due to tanks failing at least a dozen times on Karsh Steelbender in BRC or Ozruk in Stonecore even when I explain the fight clearly to them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
H Stonecore, because he first gourp of mobs are too close to the instance entrance, monkey see, monkey charge, monkey die, mokey blame healer
Reply Quote
Heroic Throne of the Tides because there's nothing there I need and the last boss isn't tuned for disc healers (the boss does more AOE damage than I can outheal, even with infinite mana).
Edited by Szul on 12/19/2010 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/19/2010 5:46 PMPosted by Szul
Heroic Throne of the Tides because there's nothing there I need and the last boss isn't tuned for disc healers (the boss does more AOE damage than I can outheal, even with infinite mana).

you dont have a quick heal you can spam?
Reply Quote
all of them. They are all easy and they are all boring.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lost city because not standing in a giant deathbeam or mines is too hard.
Reply Quote
There are none that I will just automatically drop, but there are a couple where my threshold of tolerance is lower.

Grim Batrashpull: takes too long, especially with unlucky CC comps; reward:investment ratio is low
Deadmines: Guaranteed multiple wipes on Foe Reaper 5000 and Vanessa if the group hasn't done them before
Stonecore: first boss is a great idiot check

If the group is good I'll definitely stick around, but I will not shepherd bad groups through those instances at all.
Reply Quote
All PUG heroics.
To much aggravation and name calling.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
when i queued for heroic SFK i was a little bit frightened; everyone says it's ridiculously hard

turns out they were wrong
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
H BRC is just plain ugly with pugs...but I will give it a couple of attempts to size up group to see if it will work or not. Normally by the time that is figured out I can reque for another if need be.

Hey us healers that decided to tolerate with the new healing style pretty much have insta-ques now!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
H Grim Batol & H Stonecore will not pug ever

H BRC is easy.. really is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Stonecore: first boss is a great idiot check

Somewhat this. The first boss in H Stonecore is ridiculous and breaks all of GC's precious "bring the player not the class" crap. I queued tonight and got it with a tank still wearing level 80 ICC epics in a few slots, 2 melee and a hunter.... failure. I re-queued and got the same damn dungeon, different group, same boss. This time... 3 melee dps. If I end up in there with a group of 3 ranged dps, then I'll heal it. If not, I think it will be a while before I actually stick it out to heal H Stonecore. A 5-man dungeon, heroic or not, should not penalize the group for bringing a specific type of dps, or more specifically, should not encourage the exclusion of melee dps classes. It's not that the encounter is too hard (as it's quite easy with 3 casters that know what they're doing), it's that it's a very poorly designed encounter. Blizz's fault, no one else's.
Reply Quote
Agree completely about Corborus, that boss is almost impossible with 3 melee DPS. It's bad design.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
really hate grim batol, its a very annoying instance, and people just never seem to "get" the mechancis of bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Last boss on H Grim Batol seems a bit difficult for certain group makeups, particularly the all melee crowd.
Edited by Hollywould on 12/19/2010 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/19/2010 9:10 PMPosted by Hollywould
Last boss on H Grim Batol seems a bit difficult for certain group makeups, particularly the all melee crowd.

Lolno. As long as you have a warrior/dk/rogue/druid (with slowing disease)/enh shaman in that mix of melee, you're fine. Slow one add, dps the other. So amazingly difficult. With casters, you don't get as many slows.

Like many of the other healers who already posted, my list is similar:

Stonecore: Corborus is an idiot check. Ozruk is an idiot tank check.
BRC: Beams. Instance difficulty increases exponentially with a bad group.
SFK: If they can't do Baron Ashbury after careful explanation, I'm gone. This fight isn't too bad since I can interrupt the heal. Rest of the group can't be brain dead and dps can't beyond reason.

But I don't ever instantly leave group unless it's obvious that the group sucks. Like the other day I queued and got an instance already in progress with a 120k health tank the group at the boss w/ phoenix in Tol'vir. Skeletons everywhere. Left and did something for 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I've healed every heroic dungeon in the game at least once. Most of the dungeons were pretty tame, but Grim Batol, Deadmines and Corborus from Stonecore all stood out as difficult in terms of healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]