Holy Paladins Pos-nerf... How u doing?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I'm curious about how you guys are doing pos-nerf...

I have to say that I'm not amused and at the majority of the time the game only stresses me... I know I'm not geared yet but I should be able to enjoy the game at least...

I do OK running with my guild but when there's no tanks available the dungeon finder groups are good just to be randomly insulted by kids half my age that can't avoid sitting on void zones and need a healer to carry them...

I like a challenge, never ran from wipes in raids... But when I sit in front of my computer to play a game I do it to relax which is hardly the case these days if I'm playing WOW...

When there's no option besides randoms I do archeology now... Yep, sad... I'm pretty sure Blizzard designed that new profession just to keep us paying coz if I had not that new thing to do I'd probably have cancelled my account I just reactivated 2 weeks ago for Cataclysm.
Edited by Badnamed on 12/19/2010 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree.. not enjoying even normal dungeons in the least. Its way too stressful and boring. Its the same thing, pull the tank from deaths grasp every pull and then sit on your butt for 20 seconds refilling mana. Then when something goes wrong, i get kicked. The result is is now i am terrified to make a mistake and im abusing my keyboard whenever things get bad, which is all the time. I do a dungeon, get stressed and sick of it, then log out.

Im thinking of rolling a dps gob though.... might be interesting. Fun. idk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm enjoying it still. I know I'm in for a long run if the tank isn't asking for CC. Usually I can handle it, save for a bad pull here and there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's rough, but doable. That first boss in shadowfang is a real kicker in heroics, but I generally do fine. Healer ques are definitely speeding up, I've noticed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 7:55 PMPosted by Nazashi
I agree.. not enjoying even normal dungeons in the least. Its way too stressful and boring. Its the same thing, pull the tank from deaths grasp every pull and then sit on your butt for 20 seconds refilling mana. Then when something goes wrong, i get kicked. The result is is now i am terrified to make a mistake and im abusing my keyboard whenever things get bad, which is all the time. I do a dungeon, get stressed and sick of it, then log out.

Im thinking of rolling a dps gob though.... might be interesting. Fun. idk.

Yep, we think alike... Today my first run was around 7 AM my server time, it was a perfect run... Good people, mature, etc... After that I guess the kids woke up and it all went to hell... The Dungeon Finder also hates so it only put me on Deadmines or SFK the whole day, literally...

Usually on SFK pugs have no clue what to do on the 1st and 3rd boss... It's always a mess and too much for a pally to handle... At Deadmines it's better but I guess people think that is still low level and wanna pull the whole thing...

I have to say also that I REALLY HATE LoD with pugs... It's like I'm casting a PLAGUE on them because they do everything they can to not be in front of me... Ranged DPS usually stays at max range which also is a pain to heal with LoD... I wish LoD was a circle so we didn't need to run like morons to get behind ranged... Plus, Blizzard thinks we need to be melee to Crusader Strike and get Holy Power now with this nerf so that and LoD are pretty contradictory.

What pisses me off most is that I chose to be a healer because I liked the way it was played... I didn't need to care for procs or pay attention on everyone's position... I just need to watch for debuffs and health... Now it's like I'm a freaking DPS... And I hate DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Still OP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 8:08 PMPosted by Ryus
It's rough, but doable. That first boss in shadowfang is a real kicker in heroics, but I generally do fine. Healer ques are definitely speeding up, I've noticed.

Oh yeah it's totally doable... I have minimal problems when running in guild...

My question was more on a fun perspective... Is it enjoyable? For instance, I don't really like to log to get insulted by DPS that think black/green/red/something spot on the ground is a buff. That I need to heal him through it...

My point is... The game is annoying at best now...
Edited by Badnamed on 12/19/2010 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy PvE is fine.
Edited by Greenfly on 12/19/2010 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm doing fine....

In normals I quite literally never run out of mana and rarely find myself rezzing anyone or wiping. Of course a bad tank/dps/sometimes myself pulls a tons of adds and there's nothing anyone can do, but its pretty easy now.

Heroics, while very hard in pugs, are certainly doable. From a healing standpoint, there is not a single fight i have encountered that i was incapable of healing. Yes if dps stands in fire or on mines or in rain, or in voids, or on rock slides... yea it gets rough. But when you are with groups who know/learn the mechanics they are a breeze.

I'm in a mix of 333-346 gear with one 359 rep item. So I'm kinda geared, and I stack spirit...

It's really, in my personal opinion, not so bad.

I do, however, think that trying to heal without an assit addon such as healbot would be VERY difficult. So for those not/refusing to use an addon, it may have just become an unofficial necessity...

(Not knocking anyone who is having difficulty. This is 100% just my experience so far)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
12/19/2010 8:08 PMPosted by Ryus

That fight is a joke once you realize that, regardless of their HP, the AoE doesn't kill anyone. Just pop Holy Radiance after the AoE, keep the tank at a comfortable amount of HP, and cleanse the debuffs ASAP.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
I believe with the change to how much we generate HP, it's more meant to be something extra and nice to have rather than having to rely so much on HP. I consider DL and FoL to be near-emergency (if not complete emergency depending on the situation) spells, since HP is subjective to that as it's one of the ways that we generate it I kind of see WoG as one of those "Use to burst heal someone" spells.

Using HS to generate HP is great and awesome if everyone is fine -- but the whole nerf to LoD I believe may have been 5-10% too steep.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am still OP, just have to pay attention and press more buttons now
Reply Quote
22 Orc Warlock
I was born a healer I'ma die a healer so ya I'm doing just fine :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have to agree...

I used to enjoy healing... now it is just a pain in the... (you know what i mean). If you are in a good group then it all fine but since you almost never seem to get a completley competant group running through the random dungeon generator, and who wants to spend time pugging every time for a good group when your guildies are not available to come help and run them sensibly.

I played the game (dungeons) for fun and I believed raiding was where the strategy and challenge was supposed to be because you get to plan the makeup of the group and everything.. but when you are getting abused and dropped from the random groups all the time.

Then there is my belief that the drops for Pally healers seem to be pretty stacked against us (being the only class that uses plate for healing or spellcasting, which equates to 1 in 7 plate if you include warrior, DK, and pally tank/ret of which they can at least get away with partial different gear). I reckon I have run 20 normal randoms in a row now with no new gear and getting annoyed and pissed off with struggling with 9/10 random heroics (of which I still don't seem to get drops..)

Getting sooo over it!!

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/19/2010 8:18 PMPosted by Greenfly
Holy PvE is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Doing great.

My groups AOE trash pull heroics now.

Going to start working on the drake and raids.

Honestly, I am expecting another nerf; GC didn't quite get us the first time. I'm sure he is cackling like a maniac somewhere as he schemes the best way to slam paladins into the ground.

P.S. You don't need healing addons. Just l2keybind & macro.

*create macro*

/target mouseover
/cast (name of spell)

*Keybind macro to a key*

Voila! Now you only have to hover your mouse over a default blizzard raid/party frame and press given keybind in order to cast a heal.
Edited by Omèn on 12/20/2010 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well what about PVP... what do you guys think about holy paladins now?
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Paladin got a nerf? I am not only healing fine but I am questing with a shockadin build lmao. (BTW my shockadin build does more DPS than a ret paladin atm hahaha)

But that aside, it depends on the group. I have noticed that when the tank is over zealous or DPS are retarded that I dont take it as "my class can't compensate" i take it as "their brain can't comprehend." Cata dungeons are all about knowing your class and the fight you are in. If the group doesn't do thier part, as a healer, I shouldn't have to over play just to make up for thier faults. This isn't WoLK anymore.

This expansion gives healers the ability to say, "Thats not my bad, its yours. Dont stand in stupid, stupid."

It may take a while for the baddies to understand this, but let them die enough times while keeping everyone else alive and they will get the hint.
Edited by Hakusho on 12/20/2010 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]