PUGs and Cata

I noticed something tonight in my 5 failed pick-up-groups (PUGs) in the lvl 85 dungeons right before heroics. In my opinion, all of the 5 groups wiped due to the following factors (I'm sure there were more, but these are the main ones):

1. No communication or plan before a fight.

2. Dungeons in Cata do not scale smoothly. The difference in difficulty between the Uldum dungeons at lvl 85 (pre-heroic) and the others in Cata non-heroic dungeons is quite the obstacle.

3. The character level progression is such that people don't have time to learn the mechanics in the soft PvE questing world before they tackle on these Cata dungeons.

4. To make things worse, people are still trying to play the new dungeons as if it were the WOTLK dungeon. They won't adapt to Blizzard's "intended vision". Instead they try brute strength, like they always have. Human nature at work here, no doubt. Unfortunately, that only ends up in frustration.

There is nothing I can do here. I can learn to heal better, but that won't fix the issues above. I can only heal so much. All the healing in the world won't help me if the tank can't keep aggro, or we're overwhelmed, or the group won't slow down to communicate. Everybody seems in such a rush that I have very little time now to rest and loot.

I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do next. I'm at level 85 and just don't see myself tackling that kind of frustration of wiping time after time.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
4. To make things worse, people are still trying to play the new dungeons as if it were the WOTLK dungeon. They won't adapt to Blizzard's "intended vision". Instead they try brute strength, like they always have. Human nature at work here, no doubt. Unfortunately, that only ends up in frustration.

Personally I have not played in quite a while and while I was leveling though WoTLK I thought to myself 'Damn this is easy if the end game in cata is the same as this i might as well quit altogether its that easy.'Although i was presently surprised to find the cata dungeons had more of a classic feel.

It wasnt all grind though the mobs and when you get to the boss as long as everyone was in the 'boss ring' just slam them down. Cata dungeons are more of a think as you go everyone has to think on more than just 'Their Job'.

That said my biggest issue is cowboy tanks (mainly pallys) running though thinking i will follow them in tow. I have started letting these cowboys go and get themselves killed and on the occasion that i play with my partner we both hang back res anyone not the cowboy (she plays a kitty druid) and make the cowboy run back due to my *cough* lack of mana.

To sum up... Tanks if you are reading don't be a cowboy. Wait for your healer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]