Healing has gotten better eh?

90 Tauren Druid
Trash is boring with just one spell spammed over and over pretty much (nourish) with an occasional healing touch when omen procs.

Bosses are challenging but more fun now the tank and I effectively overgear heroics...

I still do not PUG and only run with guildies and same with the tank... sorry there's one less tank and healer in LFD but it isn't worth the headaches quite frankly to deal with PUGs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I feel fatigued after using LFD tool for a few heroic attempts.

It's very rare to get four other people who will:

Agree on a strategy

Execute that strategy

Pay attention to mechanics

Put out sufficient DPS to end the fight

There's typically someone who's adding way too much unnecessary damage to my healing list, and wiping repeatedly because I choose to play solo late at night is tiring.

Currently trying to decide whether to keep working on this toon, or just bring up another and take on another role.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Its better once you get some type of gear but I still feel weak. I still say though that just because healing is more intense or " hard" doesn't make it fun. I don't know what it is but there is just something about it I can't wrap my brain around on this thing. Not gonna lie I think its mostly because Rejuv is weak as hell.

Its kinda one of those hard things to explain. I can do it perfectly fine and don't have any real problems with it, I like the fact I actually have a second to think where I want that OOC Regrowth to go. However there is just something about it that just doesn't feel right if that makes any sense at all.

Now PvP healing is so completely out of whack thats a no brainer, theres flat out nothing fun about it at all right now.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
I do not think healing has gotten much better at all

Its not so hard now but i'm still not having fun i'm finding it more stressful than anything
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you run mainly with guildies/friends, then you probably think healing is fine and fun. If you use the LFD tool 99% of the time like I do, then you most likely think healing works but isn't fun.

I've been playing my hunter this weekend, q'ing up for random 5mans. Having been in there as a healer and know how nice it is when CC is used, I'm ready and eager to trap trap trap. But in the 6 runs I did, not one tank marked for any CC or kill order. So then I took the initiative and started marking, even in the cases where I'm marking the targets and trapping, it's like that big ice cube is just beacon for someone to go swat at it, drop a death and decay on it. Even when nothing was being CC'd or marked, we got through it. Whether it was fun for that healer or not, I can't say. I know it wouldn't have been for me if I was healing it.

At some point this weekend I was running normal Vortex Pinnacle on my hunter with a tank who isn't marking or CC'ing. One of the priests in our guild whose a great healer and has been healing since day one is running a different normal Vortex Pinnacle with a PUG. Her group wasn't marking or CC'ing either and she was NOT having fun at all.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/19/2010 11:47 PMPosted by Rendella

You can no longer heal the tank to full from 40% in a single cast.

You no longer need to.
Reply Quote
12/20/2010 4:23 AMPosted by Ashthra
Healing Admiral Ripsnarl is just...holy Jesus on a surfboard.

And it makes you wonder just how long they let this go on before taking a nerf bat to the content. We were on Ripsnarl a while and I'm always amazed at our healers after seeing the damage him and his stupid vapors put out. Ripsnarl... he will rip your face off.
Reply Quote
I don't heal anymore.

I shoot lightning bolts full time now...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I just hate the model. I like the mana management but with the heals being so small I feel weak - which I don't like. Even though healing is easy and I'm generally successful, I still feel weak. How Blizzard managed to make feel weak while I'm healing successfully is a real puzzler.

I have yet to understand the "I feel weak" mentality. Our heals may not be for huge numbers or a larger percentage of people's health, but when it comes down to it, without us healers, everyone still dies. Sometimes quickly. That alone is enough to make me feel "powerful." It isn't about numbers or percentages.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
12/20/2010 5:51 AMPosted by Anethekos
I just hate the model. I like the mana management but with the heals being so small I feel weak - which I don't like. Even though healing is easy and I'm generally successful, I still feel weak. How Blizzard managed to make feel weak while I'm healing successfully is a real puzzler.

I have yet to understand the "I feel weak" mentality. Our heals may not be for huge numbers or a larger percentage of people's health, but when it comes down to it, without us healers, everyone still dies. Sometimes quickly. That alone is enough to make me feel "powerful." It isn't about numbers or percentages.

Very good point. The fact that you are keeping up your party/raid through high amounts of damage through the newer and more challenging/difficult/different ways of healing is a confidence booster on its own I believe anyway.
Reply Quote
I've given up on healing Heroics. Now, I didn't do this in a huff, and I'm not really bitter about it. It's just too much of a time investment for this mostly casual player. That said, I am having fun healing the normal dungeons. Those aren't any walk in the part with some PuGs, though there's more of a margin for error. I don't mind the new model so much, but until PuG people figure out the mechanics and get some better gear I'm just not going in there. I've got a Paladin that I'm having too much fun leveling to deal with the frustration of Heroics.

It'll be fun again, just have to wait a bit for people to get comfortable/DBM to catch up with the new content.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
12/20/2010 5:51 AMPosted by Anethekos

Not always, the other day i was with a group in the dragon of stonecore heroic. I got distracted with boss at 30% and died with the rock shards.

The group kill the boss without me from 30% to 0.

Maybe in some figths or if the group is not that good you may feel a little more powerfull, but i have never felt really powerfull in cata yet.
Edited by Gromahk on 12/20/2010 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Healing has definitely gotten easier, I wouldn't say it's gotten more fun though.

For all the druids here saying that they don't heal with hots anymore.... check recount or skada. The majority of my boss fights have Lifebloom, Wild Growth, and Rejuvenation tied around 30% of my heals. Nourish and Healing touch come up next. Hot healing is still there, it just doesn't feel like it because we're constantly casting a weak Nourish spell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/19/2010 11:40 PMPosted by Asper

Of course, if druids could rely only on hots the game would be imbalanced. We could NEVER heal current content purely with hots unless we were raid healing (and if you're talking about raid healing, we're still predominantly hot based). I'm not sure where you're getting the fact that we could heal instances with only hots though, that wasn't true in BC and it wasn't true in WotLK. Assuming you were undergeared for the instances of course, as we are/were for Cata.

Think about it this way. In BC when our single target hots were strongest vs. health pools, the limiting factor is we had to refresh it every 4-5th global. So essentially keeping up that healing also cost most of our casting time. Now we only need to refresh LB every 9-11 seconds, and Rejuv only once every 12. So if we could do as much tank healing as other classes casting 20% of the time, we'd be retardedly OP.

This is why balancing the game is so hard. If someone told you they'd increase LB duration, you'd probably think it's a straight buff. In reality, because we spend fewer GCDs keeping it up they have to also keep the healing lower because when push comes to shove and HPS is needed we'd be able to push out an absurd (relative to other healers) amount of output with all that dead time.

What I'm saying... is they removed the HoT feeling. Druids only affectively have two HoTs now to which to heal a party, one of which has a CD (wild growth). They made lifebloom usable on only one target, turned rejuvenation into a heal you use when clearcasting procs or an emergancy, and added several CDs that we have to use to beable to "affectively" AoE heal.

Druids are far weaker in regards to AoE healing then they where in BC.

^ This druid is bad and doesn't know their class. Rejuv doesn't eat omen procs.

I'm loving healing myself. On high stress aoe fights I still feel that without me the cause is lost and I have to do a great many things for us to survive. No my healing touch doesn't overheal the tank even if he's below 2% anymore, but I like that. The margins got a lot bigger for when to use our heals and that is where the decision making comes into play.

I don't think druids are perfect yet though. Dispel is too expensive (end boss in Vortex I'm looking at you) and I'd love to be able to pull the string and make lifebloom bloom via tying it into swiftmend. Regrowth needs work as it's utterly useless outside of omen spam ToL high mobility instant cast spam (which is to say not used often at all).

But the mechanics are fine and my relative power is fine. Not speaking from any sort of PvP perspective and nor do I care to. Changing my PvE for the minigame is a cardinal sin.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm done being prot now, and I'm ready to come to healing to accept the challenge--or so I thought. I'm still gearing for my heal set, and it gets better with every new item. However, it really hasn't been too bad so far. A good, sensible group is the key to success.

Holy Power is very enabling, and I'm loving Cataclysm healing so far. I can't wait to get into some raids with my guild and get down and durty!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The game has turned into a DPS game for the most part. If you don't have a proper group setup with good dps everything sucks. If fights take too long you're screwed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]