Tired of Alt+tab disconnect "Feature"

85 Human Priest
Why suddenly with patch 4.0 am I "required" to watch loading screens? Why can't I hearthstone, and alt tab without coming back disconnected. Seriously, what's up with this?
Reply Quote
83 Troll Hunter
NO FUN FOR YOU!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
12/20/2010 2:41 AMPosted by Chrysus
Play in windowed mode?

This

as this seems to be the only way that you wont DC during load screens
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I'd imagine this was an attempt to deal with queue times. They don't realize the majority of players are alt-tabbing to check wowhead or their email, not to do something else while their characters sits there AFK.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Being forced to play in windowed mode is stupid, since playing in fullscreen literally doubles my framerate.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
12/20/2010 2:45 AMPosted by Chrysus
Being forced to play in windowed mode is stupid, since playing in fullscreen literally doubles my framerate.

Play in Windowed mode (Fullscreen)

?

That's the same as windowed mode, it just removes the bars that make it look windowed.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Get a second PC to do your web browsing

?

I think it would be better if Blizzard just fixed their event queue so that it didn't get backed up when I alt-tab.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hate that whenever I take a flightpath anywhere and alt-tab to do something else I disconnect upon landing (unless I have the game up)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/20/2010 2:45 AMPosted by Chrysus

Play in Windowed mode (Fullscreen)

?

Kills my FPS.
Yes, I can (and sometimes do) use my laptop to browse but Blizzard really needs to fix alt+tab DCs, and long logins.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Instead of pressing Alt+Tab, save yourself a button and press the Windows key (if you run Windows that is); problem solved!

I have a habit of leaving WoW during loading screens, to look up stuff randomly (in dungeons/cities/etc.), and to kill the time it takes for DPS to queue for dungeons. I came back a little after 4.0.1. hit and since then I've been DC'd once when exiting WoW to do something else in this fashion. Then it didn't really bother me as it I was just logging into a character, so it wasn't like I was doing anything important.
Reply Quote
Queue.

Enable Windowed Mode.

Enter Dungeon.

You: one sec, guys.

Fullscreen Mode.

You: k.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
12/20/2010 4:58 AMPosted by Xanzul
It isnt something Blizzard is doing either on purpose or accidently. Update your graphics driver. Simple as that. Take off the tin foil hat please. I'm really getting sick of people grasping at straws to find something to bash Blizzard about. There are literally dozens of legitimate complaints about this game and you pick this? Come on. This is trolling at its best.

Ok, fair enough this is a rather minor and workable problem, more of a nuisance really, but with queue times >40 mins often, I find myself questing or what not to pass the time. And then we get the weird flightpaths that bring us all around eastern kingdoms and takes a good 15 minutes...really, who's gonna stare at a computer for 15 minutes just to watch their gryphon flap its wings?

So, I hit the windows key, go watch a you tube video, come back and...oh dear, dc'ed. And i lose my place in the insanely long dungeon queue :(

So yes, this isn't game breaking, but it can ruin a couple hours of your day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]