Ret Mastery

100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2010 5:50 PMPosted by Carmie
That would help mastery but make zealotry weaker. Anything you do to improve mastery in it's current form undermines zealotry.

in it's current form undermines zealotry.

undermines zealotry.

undermine

The f%^king goblins are behind our nerf!!!
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Rogue
THE SGPHC STRIKES AGAIN!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/20/2010 4:04 PMPosted by Melatine
except its cs-filler-filler-cs-filler-cs-TV-cs ohh wait HoL proced right as it hit TV and didnt use the holy power....

Is that necessarily a bad thing? Now you can use TV twice instead of once, it doesn't have a cooldown, or you could use zealotry, inquisition, or word of glory...

Yes because it eats a global that could have been used on something else like a CS or an AOW EXO
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'll be honest. I don't understand this argument. The ret combat system has never been a rotation.. It's always been a series of priorities. This hasn't changed w the relase of cata. Just the methodology. .

and rofl @ calling ret face roll when the arcane mage exists.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The ret rotation just feels incredibly, incredibly clunky to me. It's all well and good on single-target fights, but when you have to target swap, or if there's otherwise a lot of things going on, I find myself eventually having a "WAIT...WHAT?! Where was I in the rotation?!" kind of moment. It's too random and unpredictable.

I think I'd rather see the mastery as something like "[one or more attacks] do x% extra damage as holy damage. Each point of mastery increases this by y%."
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
and don't forget.....

Mastery is just slightly above Spirit as the things we want to gem/enchant/reforge for. Doesn't that make it more exciting?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/20/2010 9:30 PMPosted by Elidra
and don't forget.....

Mastery is just slightly above Spirit as the things we want to gem/enchant/reforge for. Doesn't that make it more exciting?

Does a point of intellect give more DPS than a point of Mastery? It seems quite possible to me, despite how ludicrous it would be.

I've actually wondered about this quite a bit myself, and would love to see someone theory craft it. A point of mastery is about 1/10-1/20th the value of a point of strength. Surely intelligence must be close.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]