unfair frost mage pvp control

68 Undead Rogue
Pot
I dont know if it was CG who made frost mage get so much control but its really sick.frost mages have gotten the best control in game hands down.they can freeze 10-15 people with 1 ability,they can keep mutiple tanks in sota snared/rooted with 1 instant ability.they have the best cc in the game.and they can spam ice lance for 20k.this need to get nerfed asap.No class should ever have this amount of control over vehicles and players in pvp!
Edited by Bigwareagle on 12/20/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
gotten lol

dont think thats a word bro
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
As bad as the OP's grammar is, the control or the damage needs to get toned down.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Rogue
Pot
12/20/2010 4:11 PMPosted by Gingervitis
gotten lol

dont think thats a word bro

that's irrelevant troll
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/20/2010 4:13 PMPosted by Shunyata
As bad as the OP's grammar is, the control or the damage needs to get toned down.

yes, the grammar is bad, and so is the content. there is literally NOTHING in his post that is constructive. i want to call them anecdotals, but i cant think of a word that describes anecdotes that didnt actually happen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/20/2010 4:34 PMPosted by Bigwareagle
that's irrelevant troll

i'm a troll? you are the guy posting a nerf frost mage thread with no proof or even reason. there is already hundreds of nerf mage posts in this forum, posting a repeat without adding anything new is also considered bad forum conduct, and thus will not attract decent discussion.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
12/20/2010 3:44 PMPosted by Bigwareagle
they can freeze 10-15 people with 1 ability

Would it make you angrier to know that they can freeze an infinite number of people with not one or two or three but ALL FOUR of their freeze effects?

/humor
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
"It's too much" is all people ever say in these threads. Mages have never had a population explosion, they've never been overpowered in arena (not sure about now), and yet they have received no nerfs to any of this supposed control.

If you play against competent people, it seems pretty evenly balanced to me: sometimes I get my freeze on, and sometimes I don't. It's pretty awful when I don't, but I can also significantly sway battles when I do. I've been in situations where people are hot on the dispels and purges and there's literally nothing I can do, and I've also been in situations where people ignored me and I dominated.

I would love to have some people describe, in detail, why they think frost mages have too much control.

"It's obvious" doesn't cut it, and neither do lists of all of our abilities.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I find the OP's grammar to be perfectly proportional to the validity of his point.
Reply Quote
Damage shifted from icelance to frostbolt, and Ring of Frost cd increased to 10 min and no longer usable in arena.

That's all that's really needed for mage nerfs and neither of those will reduce pve dps. The first is just a normalization of damage, the second is an ability that should never have been allowed in rated arenas.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/20/2010 4:49 PMPosted by Shunyata
Damage shifted from icelance to frostbolt, and Ring of Frost cd increased to 10 min and no longer usable in arena.

That's all that's really needed for mage nerfs and neither of those will reduce pve dps. The first is just a normalization of damage, the second is an ability that should never have been allowed in rated arenas.

those are some nice opinions, but we are looking for facts.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I think they should not allow AMS in arena.

This is fun. You go again.
Reply Quote
12/20/2010 4:55 PMPosted by Sewergoblin
I think they should not allow AMS in arena.

This is fun. You go again.

Mirror Image should no longer drop /focus, or have a 10 minute cd.

Your turn.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight

The first I don't have anything against specifically. It'd just need to be approached carefully, to avoid re-removing Frost from PvE (which some people will lol at, but it's on the table).

The second is a little extreme. There are a lot of things you could nerf before just removing it from Arena altogether (though a lengthier cooldown wouldn't be too bad). You could reduce the AoE, change the freeze effect to be more like Frost Nova/Freeze and less like Freezing Trap, and so on and so forth. All of those at once might be a bit much, but one or two would probably reign it in a bit.
Reply Quote
68 Undead Rogue
Pot

12/20/2010 4:58 PMPosted by Shunyata

Mirror Image should no longer drop /focus, or have a 10 minute cd.

couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Frost mages are ridiculous right now.

I was giving them a pass first couple weeks because everything is fresh and new and new strategies needed to be perfected. But right now mages are absolutely face roll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]