Note to DPS

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
Calling your healer bad just because you want to break CC, not CC at all or stand in fire/quakes/bombs/poison and just hit your kill buttons is not exactly the best way to get your healer to stick around.

Thanks. And enjoy the long queue times.
90 Draenei Shaman
lol so hateful
85 Undead Warlock
go away op, go away.
85 Night Elf Druid
Every single healer in this game right now agrees with the op.
85 Blood Elf Priest
QQ more, little baby
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/20/2010 8:15 PMPosted by Fuente
Every single healer in this game right now agrees with the op.

And therein lies the problem.
85 Orc Shaman
It just comes down to dps not being bad. Which quite often they are. I have guildies who just don't bother healing stupid people who stand in fire.
82 Undead Warlock
Sweet baby Jesus on a motorbike, these threads are getting absolutely absurd. It was entertaining at first, but in the name of all that is good and holy, stop making these "Dear DPS" threads. Nobody cares about your @@#%ty pug. Nobody.
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/20/2010 8:27 PMPosted by Malatia
Sweet baby Jesus on a motorbike, these threads are getting absolutely absurd. It was entertaining at first, but in the name of all that is good and holy, stop making these "Dear DPS" threads. Nobody cares about your @@#%ty pug. Nobody.

I'm starting to wonder if they are all the same person, lol.
85 Blood Elf Priest
wow....

instead of growing up and being adults yall dps are acting like morons ....

YOU WOULD THINK you would be MAD at that herpa derp standing in fire dpsing boss and staring at his recount but still doing 4k dps making dps as a whole look bad!?!?

Sure tanks and healers have their moments but, honestly there is a lot more dps out there and for the most part you cant down a boss with a bad tank or healer u can with a bad dps if the other 2 dps in the group are good pulling good numbers and staying out of bad.

Healers are fine healing you through unavoidable dmg. Siamat is loleasy.... if people stay a bit spread out and dont stand in the swirly green and white of death but owait most people do so......
85 Blood Elf Priest
Sure... the dps on these forums are mostly all really decent players and what healers and tanks want in their groups. So perhaps get on board and if you see a moron in your group be it tank healer or DPS call them on it.
Only 'if you know how to dissect the reason for the wipe'
*Person stood in bad
*Someone not geared enough/correctly bad spec/rotation
*Pulling off tank before they have had a chance to pick things up
*No CC going out
*Healer overhealing to much
*Tank not enough avoidance / stam stacking to much like LK
*Someone took avoidable damage (HUGE difference between avoidable and unavoidable coz unavoidable doesn't hit that hard nerf bats to healers did AOE heals only heal 7k-10k per 2sec or so)
Edited by Avaskie on 12/20/2010 8:41 PM PST
85 Goblin Shaman
Pie
You come in our house and make rude posts to us, expect a rude and ultimately nonproductive response. If you really want your point to get across, then don't be a dbag and make constructive statements TO THE OFFENDING INDIVIDUALS. Those that come on these forums and use their soapbox to address the dps community as a whole are the problem. Odds are if the dps in your group is doing something wrong or stupid, they don't peruse these forums often so your unkind words are falling on unappreciative ears.

When you see someone doing something wrong, don't be a asshat, be constructive. There's a kick function in the LFD system for a reason. If a player filling any role is not up to snuff or continuously making stupid mistakes then you can simply remove him. Of course making him aware why he's being removed is actually helpful as well. A 3 strike rule is a pretty good thing to implement, but most importantly, if you are a jerk anything you say will be ignored, period.
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/20/2010 8:27 PMPosted by Malatia
85 Undead Rogue
Since 3.3 launched and the new LFG tool was introduced, people everywhere have experienced a bad pug and taken it upon themselves to "educate" the various roles. They rush to the tanking forums, the healing forums, or the damage dealing forums and promptly start pissing in the proverbial wind.

All three role forums have been treated to such thread titles as "dear healers from your tank", "dear tanks from your healer", "dear damage dealers" and every variation in between. We get it, it's adorable that you have anointed yourself the educator of the masses but that isn't what these forums are for..... and it's getting old.

Cataclysm update: This is a copy/paste file I have been posting since 3.3. I have posted it hundreds of times, and others have posted it for me as well. Sometimes it's even like a game on the DD forums to see who can post it first. If you have never seen this post before you will begin to understand why it is so futile to try and speak to all your potential lfg groups through the forums. You are not reaching the people you want to reach, you are only annoying the people that regularly read these forums.

85 Night Elf Druid
You get no heals.
85 Worgen Death Knight
I usually ignore these posts for one good reason. As someone before stated, the bad players don't read these posts. They rarely come here to learn anything contructive. The people who do take time to read these forums are the players who want to learn to be better or they are the ones who take time out of play time to try and teach others good habits.
These damn QQ posts are getting really freakin old. If a player is botching things up more than twice, kickem. And if your getting tired of fail pugs, go find a good guild and run with them.
I personally do not run pugs anymore, I'm in a great guild so I run with them. So please don't come here crying to us, if you do don't be suprised at negative feedback.
11 Gnome Mage
Nearly every PuG I've been in has gone fine. I've played with badly geared players of all roles, I've played with people on their first max-level character doing their first heroic ever, and I've nearly always been able to clear the instance with the group I started with.

There is such a thing as a bad PUG, and we've all seen them. But if you see them constantly (and I don't mean to be cruel here), you may want to stop trying to assign blame, and consider that the only constant in all of your bad instances is you.
Edited by Strawberry on 12/20/2010 10:14 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]