83 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok I am having a hard time figuring out what is priority
Crit
Hit
Haste
Expertise
Mastery

I have been told by others that Hit rating is number 1
Been told by others Haste is, but Im completely clueless when it comes to this matter.
I used to always go crit because I believe that the more crits the higher the damage. But then again I have never been an elite player. Any help that someone can give would be appriciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hit > Expertise > Haste > Crit/Mastery

Hit cap for heroics is 6%, there is absolutely no need to get hit capped at 8% unless you're raiding, after 6% I think it's best to go expertise cap, then just haste out the ass. Don't sacrifice good stats for Mastery because it isn't worth it.
Reply Quote
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_3a/#Stat_Weights

Enjoy!

Reply Quote
To sum it up...

Str is king. Hit and expertise cap via reforging (not gems). Crit and Haste reasonably equivalent. There isn't enough haste in the game to get our CS down to where we want it =(

Oh and Mastery is poo
Edited by Thoria on 12/21/2010 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Strength is not king. I don't care what EJ has to say, I rely more on what I see and so far on my field testing/dummy testing gemming and reforging for haste has been MUCH better than strength.

EJ even says "3.0 second CS CD is ultimate nirvanah for Rets". They contradict themselves.
I do considerably more DPS with haste stacked.

Also Hearthvader I love you if I read your post correctly and you agree.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
fail pally is fail.

str is king - do some spreadsheets. meh, I'll do the work for you.
redcape has the best one i've seen. (http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t78756-redcapes_ret_spreadsheet_v4_1_now_user_friendly/)

The OP was talking about secondary stats...fail pally is fail (ik I said it twice).

If you gem haste - sure you'll have the 3 second, but you won't be hitting very hard - at all. I feel the urge to flame you, but I can't, cuz I'm nice. STR gems all the way. Pick up BS and JC purely the best combo for melee dps.

There are some lvl 85 mobs in heroics - so 8% hit - or getting as close to as possible is your best bet.

Once you start raiding, 8% should be required.

All other SECONDARY stats AFTER getting hit capped and getting as close to exp capped as possible are: Haste > Crit > Mastery

TL;DR: Secondary stats: Hit/Exp cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery ;; Gemming: don't be a moron.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]