Frost spec weapon runes

85 Tauren Death Knight
I have looked at two threads on the DK forums and learned a retarded amount already. wish the druid forums were as good as this. Nice to have some intelligent people talking for a change. :)
Edited by Sweepstakes on 12/22/2010 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/22/2010 10:53 AMPosted by Deathquoi
The buffs from dual FC do not stack. The increased uptime does, however, make that the ideal setup for DW UH. For frost, you should absolutely be using RI over another FC. I'm not sure what planet you would have to be from in order to not think 10% extra frost damage is worthwhile.

They do not stack as stated, I can't ever remember a time they ever did.

Considering that your strikes hit with both weapons as frost. (or they should if you didn't fail in talent selection for DW) I am not aware if the mechanics have changed but previously (currently?) offhand strikes could not be avoided from specials, with lower stats resulted in higher uptime. My understanding of RI unless again the mechanic has changed is that it uses the MH weapon dmg regardless. There was a long discussion about runeforges during 3.3.3

As the rune suggestions have stayed the same for 4.0.3 have to assume they did enough testing to verify validity of data, for this time anyways.

RI for single target Cinder for group.

DW unholy will use FC in both hands to max uptime.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110296-frost_dps_cataclysm_4_0_3_stereo_love/#Runeforges
Dual wielding will use Rune of Razorice on their main hand, with Rune of the Fallen Crusader on their offhand, as they always have. 2H will simply use Rune of the Fallen Crusader.

Dual wielding will, if able, keep a third weapon enchanted with Rune of Cinderglacier in their bags for use in AoE scenarios, as it's a large bump up from Razorice, assuming the ilvl difference between the weapons themselves isn't anything absurd.

The alternative enchants/runes do not even come close.
Edited by Namika on 12/22/2010 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/22/2010 10:53 AMPosted by Deathquoi
The increased uptime does, however, make that the ideal setup for DW UH.

Wait, DW unholy is viable now?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/22/2010 11:18 AMPosted by Sweepstakes
I have looked at two threads on the DK forums and learned a retarded amount already. wish the druid forums were as good as this. Nice to have some intelligent people talking for a change. :)

What? The first page is almost entirely fail, and those that are right are citing the wrong reasons for doing so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/23/2010 2:50 AMPosted by Quinntus

If they had hotfixed it, it would have been in the hotfix notes. They have never stacked.

Why do you insist on being so confrontational? The man said he knew what he was talking about, and for your information, it WAS hotfixed. Blizzard has a despicable habit of sneaking in a hotfix, and not telling any1. For example, we were getting a good amount of guild xp for kills, and what not, but they snuck in, changed it, didn't say #%@% about it, and we had to find out on our own that we get next to NOTHING for guild xp now.

So before you start talking out of your ass, maybe you should try something once in a while. And why do you think you know everything there is to know about frost? The guy provided clear information that proved they did stack at times for him. I friggin' despise people that assume they know what another player's spec does.

I played Frost DW for almost a year, bro. They've never stacked. Nobody has ever offered any sort of evidence to try to prove that they stack. I'm trying to combat the overwhelming tide of bad information on these boards, and I'm sorry if that's offensive to you.

Also, I hope you're aware that guild XP is capped daily and the amount is trivial to reach.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I agree nobody except Namika has tried to give any semblance of evidence, all I'm seeing is heresay. I'm not saying I don't believe anyone but nobody has showed any information otherwise.
Now I have followed EJ's advice for a long while now and they have allways proven reliable. Now if you guys have info contrary to them i.e comabt logs, logs from sims. Take those to the EJ forums and prove yourself right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]