Stop making us worse! - Holy

85 Dwarf Paladin
Holy paladins use to be great at mana.
Vanilla - Talent making crits refund 100% of spell cost.
Was nerfed throughout Burning Crusade down to about 30% then it disappeared all together.
We use to have Divine Illumination -50% to spell cost.
Was completely reworked to give spell haste and spell crit.
- Does absolutely nothing now because the crit doesnt refund any mana or anything.

Tower of Radiance - Was procing of Holy Light/ Divine Light/ Flash of Light. Now only procing off the later two.

With it proccing off all 3 you could cast Holy Light and build your holy power up kinda quickly and drop some decent heals for free with Word of Glory.
Now that you have worked that to only procing off Divine Light and Flash of Light ( Two of our most expensive heals mind you )
We really mine as well not even spec into it and find somewhere else to put it.

Stop nerfing us.
Give us something back so we can maintain a decent amount of mana...
Because i get rather ticked off when im running anything and have to drink after literally every pull because I run out of mana mid fight and am having to fight to keep my mana up.

-Bair
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
I find that most of the time I lose out on mana now is because of stupid mistakes. Especially when there's a large group pull without any CC. Things go downhill REALLY fast. Hope you get a group that practices CC or else you're going to be straining the whole time and drinking often, probably even wiping if they can't down them fast enough. I know that happened to me a few times.

With good CC It goes smoothly and I think it works that way because it's what blizzard intended. Also People standing in fire/poopie is another problem I have sometimes. I'll have to take a second be be like "HEY GET OUT OF THAT" >:O

Yeah, sometimes it still seems like we go out of mana entirely too fast though, especially in comparison to how we were before. I remember using divine plea ALL THE TIME. Now I'm just like "Meh, who cares about that...doesn't even help.. JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE" I am enjoying the challenge of trying to work this stuff out though.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Also to top it off.
Im seeing crit heals that cost more mana heal for less than they did in WotLK
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
We also dont get mana from judge unlike our other 2 specs mind you...
I judge all the time for the haste bonus...
But really. Even with CC i lose mana WAYYYY faster than a druid... And all his heals are instant cast pretty much.
All of ours are relatively slow... Unless you get a lucky crit off Holy Shock.
Even in a group that practices good CC which my groups do when i run with guildies...
I still burn through mana on the bosses...
With out even trying. Without making unneeded heals and doing very little over healing.
My mana just disappears and using Divine plea is hardly a help.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Holy is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Are you insane?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/21/2010 8:02 PMPosted by Baireefe
Are you insane?

Very sane. Holy Pallys are the best healers I have grouped with.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Delete this thread.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Paladin
yea we're fine

move along. nothing to see here.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I love how a prot paladin says "We're fine," then everyone starts to agree with him. You're missing the point of the post - We're nowhere near as mana-efficient as we were in the past, and we'd like Blizzard to compromise a bit. Divine plea helps slightly, but not really enough to be effective - especially now with the boosted mana pools and expensive heals.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2010 8:35 PMPosted by Åmnell
I love how a prot paladin says "We're fine," then everyone starts to agree with him. You're missing the point of the post - We're nowhere near as mana-efficient as we were in the past, and we'd like Blizzard to compromise a bit. Divine plea helps slightly, but not really enough to be effective - especially now with the boosted mana pools and expensive heals.

Stop living in the past, this is NOT WotLK.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I too have mana problems, Holy light isnt enough now that i dont get HP from it. Every pull leaves me between 5% and 25% mana. its incredibly annoying.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
holy is alright, only thing its missing is a decent aoe heal because seriously LoD + HR is bs....
Edited by Yuniel on 12/21/2010 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Judgement of Insight has a net gain of 10% base mana, after the cost of judgement.

At 83 judgement costs 599 mana and gives back about 1700ish.

Thats a hell of a lot better than resto shammy telluric current, it restores 40% of lightning bolt's damage as mana, which sounds great except elemental precision is too deep an investment as resto, so I have no hit, and it costs 1400 mana and gives back 1500-1600, every 2.2 seconds.

I know i'm not doing heroics yet, but I was running OOM every pull without CC leveling my resto shaman through normal cata dungeons, and still sitting at 70-80% with CC, and its pretty rare for me to drop below 100% unless its a tough pull.
Edited by Kamine on 12/21/2010 8:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Dear Blizzard,

Make healing loleasy like it was in Wrath. I dont like having to try and be absolutely pro to keep my group alive.

Love,

-Hpallies that QQ about holy being broke even tho its fine.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Delete asap. Holy is fine. QQ less.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
O hai thar druid.
No I heal just fine and i can manage with no one dieing.
Obviously this isnt Wrath.
But regardless... When im healing for the exact same. Maybe change more than i was in WotLK...
We've got problems...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
we're fine.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I agree with you Baireefe, I find myself doing less DPS as feral even tho I have MUCH better gear than I did in wrath, and feral is omgwtfOP.

Woah maybe the mobs are just harder to kill.... who knows
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]