Stop making us worse! - Holy

2 Draenei Mage
yea paladins pretty much rank top on world of logs on every encounter

you are fine.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm rather enjoying healing. I don't have mana problems unless there's no CC used, or I pull a tur durp and use big heals when I don't have to.

My only somewhat complaint would be to reduce the self-MS on DP. Not get rid of it, just tone it down to 20-30% instead of 50. Real MS's don't even hit us as hard as that. Pressing DP honestly normally costs more mana then you get from it, unless there's a dead period in a fight.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bad
Wow we have these same threads over in Druidland, except instead of crying about mana, they're crying about output. In fact, every heal class has a series of threads in their forums about how "broken" they are, or how "x is retarded". I don't care, bury my post. You are not so special to have received the "nerf bat". Evolve. Adapt.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2010 10:48 PMPosted by Chugnpug
Wow we have these same threads over in Druidland, except instead of crying about mana, they're crying about output. In fact, every heal class has a series of threads in their forums about how "broken" they are, or how "x is retarded". I don't care, bury my post. You are not so special to have received the "nerf bat". Evolve. Adapt.

People just need something to %*%%! and moan about. Just ignore them, this expansion will weed them out in a few months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm likely in a small minority. I picked a pally to heal with over 5 years ago precisely because of its niche character. I liked being the tank healer and never wanted any AOE capabilities. I'm in the grandparent age group (55+) and the simplistic nature of pally healing fit my slower reflexes well. It's too frantic for me now and much less forgiving of mistakes. I'm not sure I'll be able to absorb this new cata model anytime soon. So, started up a new retribution spec which I've never played before and will que as dps and pick a different main from my 80 rogue, 81 shadow priest, 80 mage, 80 death knight, 80 hunter or even start up a worgen. I'm prepared to accept retirement from the healing aspect of the game.
Edited by Palliebabe on 12/22/2010 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
No I heal just fine and i can manage with no one dieing.
But regardless... When im healing for the exact same. Maybe change more than i was in WotLK...
We've got problems...

12/21/2010 9:50 PMPosted by Baireefe
No I heal just fine

We've got problems...

Huh?!

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are healing right, and know what you are actually doing, you shouldn't be going oom that often. If you are, may I suggest reading a guide to make sure your spec, gems, enchants, and general healing rotation are correct.

I find I only have mana issues when the other members of my group do something retarded like stand in floor candy, forcing me to spam DL's to keep them alive. I then proceed to yell at them, and if they do it again, they wont be grouping with me anymore. As a healer, you have the right to tell your dps off if they #*!# up, because lets face it, healing is much harder now.

Personally im loving the new changes, it means we can weed out the baddies and those who are too lazy to do their research, and the healers who actually put effort into trying to be good are rewarded.

Blizzard, dont change a thing :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/21/2010 8:38 PMPosted by Valanara
I too have mana problems, Holy light isnt enough now that i dont get HP from it. Every pull leaves me between 5% and 25% mana. its incredibly annoying.

what the hell is with your hodgepodge of gear? I mean I understand if you have had difficulty with drops, but push for all plate 333-359 asap.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just judge everytime it's up..

I don't really have mana problems.

But i'm talking PVP here. And the exception of frost mages
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard finally brought back challenge in the Paladins dictionary and some people hate it. I'm going to state that Paladins need a bit more nerfing because at 82 I ran that one new BRD dungeon with just aFury Warrior (82 as well) and we both beat down all mobs and first Ogre boss (which took a while and had some near-deaths with). If anything is wrong with Paladins, it's that we're still OP.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
bandwagon....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
meh, wether its @**#ty lfg groups, or decent put together groups, yea we took some big nerfs. it'll probably even out eventually. just go with the flow for now, still very early in the release.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2010 12:26 AMPosted by Kedemoth
Blizzard finally brought back challenge in the Paladins dictionary and some people hate it. I'm going to state that Paladins need a bit more nerfing because at 82 I ran that one new BRD dungeon with just aFury Warrior (82 as well) and we both beat down all mobs and first Ogre boss (which took a while and had some near-deaths with). If anything is wrong with Paladins, it's that we're still OP.

Allow me to point out the obvious here. You haven't hit 85 yet. Yes holy spec is quite powerful from 80 to 83, but around 84 our spells plateau but mana costs keep on rising. health and damage rise exponentially as well. From 80 to 83 I would estimate that 90% of my heals were from Holy shock, holy light and word of glory. If a DPS did something stupid I might have to cast flash of light and once in a while I'd have to cast divine on the tank. Getting into higher level normal dungeons and heroics and everything you think you are doing right washes down the drain.

After the hotfix nerf holy paladins have 3 talent points wasted since we are FORCED to take that talent to open up the next tier. There were much better ways of correcting the two button spamming of some players than this ugly monstrosity Blizzard created.

This is starting to feel like the lolwell debacle for priests in the original game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have plenty of mana through most fights when we have the CC... my tank (guild) likes to joke that he's not pulling enough because I have more than 80% left.

That said, I think Holy Power has become just about useless, and I do not spec into ToR. Enlightened Judgements has its uses - not just the 10y increase, but also the self heal. There are definitely ways to get down the tree that are useful....
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
"The healing done by Light of Dawn has been reduced by approximately 40%. Please note the tooltip may not be updated to reflect this change until a client-side patch is applied." - Hot Fix on the 14th of Dec/2010

This might be why you are feeling that your expensive heals are now healing for less. That said, I am enjoying healing as it is, but I think LoD is now a bit underpowered for its cost (mana/cast time.) I would've reduced it by 20% not 40%.

I don't drink after every pool. My tank says that Holy Paladins are the only healing class who are able to do this at the moment. But at the same time, i judge every time I get a chance to, and if my dps makes mistakes, I don't heal them unless I have an extra free heal that I am confidant the tank does not need. I haven't heard any complaints yet.

As for holy Power, I am mostly using my holy shock to build it, it fits well with the movement-heavy fights that we are facing in Cata. With the current mana restraints, I almost never use Flash of Light unless I have no other choice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
O hai thar druid.
No I heal just fine and i can manage with no one dieing.
Obviously this isnt Wrath.
But regardless... When im healing for the exact same. Maybe change more than i was in WotLK...
We've got problems...

Healing numbers are only relevant to the amount of damage incoming. Right now, the only thing I can think of to improve on is our aoe healing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Our guild holy pallies have no trouble chain pulling heroics without cc already /shrug. I think you all just have poor mana management.

@guy above me... wat? Holy Radiance is the best AoE heal in the game
Edited by Shoopuf on 12/22/2010 5:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If you get into the habit of judging and using CS, you have more mana at the end of the fight then before. We still have the easiest time of all healers in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 5:22 AMPosted by Calhoun
i judge every time I get a chance to

You can run in and white-hit too - I love doing this :D (Especially with a tank who doesn't know we can get mana back this way, and gets really confused and freaks out a bit)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]