Stop making us worse! - Holy

85 Draenei Shaman
If anyone here thinks Paladin healing is broken. Please, PLEASE, heal as a Priest or a Druid. Then after doing that tell me Paladin healing is broken with a valid argument when comparing to those 2 classes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing is fine, mana IS a pain, but all classes have the same issue... its on purpose. People are too used to getting free gear and doing easy instances to where you could stay full mana and never break a sweat. And for those running out of mana on trash pulls, its either of three things. 1) your tank doesnt have the gear or doesnt use cool downs
2) Your spamming heals only when tank is at half so you spend so much trying to get him back to full. Just use holy light and shock from 90%+ and when he gets to 80% or so use a divine light or holy word to get him back up to full.
3) your DPS'ers are retarded and dont get out of AoEs and they take too much dmg that your healing. Or they arnt CCing.

If those arnt the cases, then your either not geared enough, or not judging to get mana back (or its just a really healy intesive fight)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 5:27 AMPosted by Shoopuf
Our guild holy pallies have no trouble chain pulling heroics without cc already /shrug. I think you all just have poor mana management.

@guy above me... wat? Holy Radiance is the best AoE heal in the game

It's amazing, but it doesn't cover everything. LOD is somewhat lacking in my opinion though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 5:41 AMPosted by Malcolme
Our guild holy pallies have no trouble chain pulling heroics without cc already /shrug. I think you all just have poor mana management.

@guy above me... wat? Holy Radiance is the best AoE heal in the game

It's amazing, but it doesn't cover everything. LOD is somewhat lacking in my opinion though.

I haven't played holy since Ulduar, but I do agree that the LoD nerf was a bit overzealous.
Reply Quote
61 Undead Warrior
Holy is fine, buff ret.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 5:35 AMPosted by Dyorian
If anyone here thinks Paladin healing is broken. Please, PLEASE, heal as a Priest or a Druid. Then after doing that tell me Paladin healing is broken with a valid argument when comparing to those 2 classes.

Shaman is much, much, worse off than druid atm...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I completely agree with the first post. I go oom way too fast on pulls, especially boss pulls. "Stack spirit!" people say. But that doesnt help when i need to spam divine light to keep the group alive. It doesn't work.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would just like to see our judgements return a % of our mana over time like if your ret or prot spec thats all.

P.S Oh and make our only hot non range dependent
Edited by Nerphme on 12/22/2010 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 6:13 AMPosted by Sultara
I completely agree with the first post. I go oom way too fast on pulls, especially boss pulls. "Stack spirit!" people say. But that doesnt help when i need to spam divine light to keep the group alive. It doesn't work.

If you are needing to spam divine light, tell your DPS to stop being stupid and move out of fire...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've always been a resto druid since vanilla, but after he got his Kingslayer, I started running my paladin heavily...first prot then holy. Now, I thought I was going to be one of the tanks for Cata raiding, but as it turns out I'm needed healing more. I'm loving being holy, the challenge is awesome. I miss my druid, and will get back to him eventually, but there's so much to manage with Holy that I am never bored on any pull.

@Sultara: You are trying to compensate for bad DPS. Don't. I just let them die if they are repeat offenders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This post is a joke. I normally don't answer posts that I read, but I had to this time. Healing in Cata is completely different than WOTLK. Like most have said, Holy is fine. There are many ways a Holy Paladin can save/restore mana. Try judging. This is a simple concept you need to get used to. Remember back in WOTLK when judging gave you your raid heals? Well now it's mana. This is what you want, no? Stop spamming FoL and DL. Sure, HL on Beacon doesn't give HoPo, try doing a HS. This gives HoPo. If you really need to build up another quick one, cast a DL and FoL on Beacon. If you are having mana issues, try not to top off the raid every second. Leaving someone at 50% is completely fine. They're not going to die anytime soon (that is if they're not an idiot and standing in the fireplace)

Just remember: All healing classes are having mana issues. This is what Blizzard did. Was it right? I dont know. Does it suck? Kinda not really. This is an expansion. This isn't wotlk. This is a new era of healing/tanking/dps'ing. Get used to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2010 6:26 AMPosted by Malcolme
If you are needing to spam divine light, tell your DPS to stop being stupid and move out of fire...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Holy paladins use to be great at mana.
Vanilla - Talent making crits refund 100% of spell cost.
Was nerfed throughout Burning Crusade down to about 30% then it disappeared all together.
We use to have Divine Illumination -50% to spell cost.
Was completely reworked to give spell haste and spell crit.
- Does absolutely nothing now because the crit doesnt refund any mana or anything.

Tower of Radiance - Was procing of Holy Light/ Divine Light/ Flash of Light. Now only procing off the later two.

With it proccing off all 3 you could cast Holy Light and build your holy power up kinda quickly and drop some decent heals for free with Word of Glory.
Now that you have worked that to only procing off Divine Light and Flash of Light ( Two of our most expensive heals mind you )
We really mine as well not even spec into it and find somewhere else to put it.

Stop nerfing us.
Give us something back so we can maintain a decent amount of mana...
Because i get rather ticked off when im running anything and have to drink after literally every pull because I run out of mana mid fight and am having to fight to keep my mana up.

-Bair

Your issue is not that Holy is nerfed. Holy is fine. You have NO gear, u have like 4 peices under 300 and everything else is 305 312 318 and a few 333. Your not going to be good at mana control until you get better gear. When your Ilvl is hitting 340 you should never be going oom if your doing it right. Even on pulls w/o CC ill drop to maybe 50% which is then already regen'ed by next pull w/o drinking. Proper gear and proper gem/enchants. Lose the 264's
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I have no problems with the mana constraints, but with the holy light change I now find i just wait til the tank takes a little more damage and use HShock + FoL + Judge, then a slight pause for another HShock then WoG + Judge, rinse and repeat. After judging twice the mana is paid back for using FoL. If HShock crits, I substitute in DL for FoL. For DPS that need light healing Holy Light or 2 HP WoG works well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Pally are fine, gotta practice rotations. you will get the hang of it, before it was just chill, do a holy light and he is topped off, we got more spells now, much more fun, harder, but it's better, maybe upping sp a bit or our heals because when someone get hits down to 20 or 30% it costs a lot to get him to full hp again, but we are still fine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2010 6:49 AMPosted by Llyria
I have no problems with the mana constraints, but with the holy light change I now find i just wait til the tank takes a little more damage and use HShock + FoL + Judge, then a slight pause for another HShock then WoG + Judge, rinse and repeat. After judging twice the mana is paid back for using FoL. If HShock crits, I substitute in DL for FoL. For DPS that need light healing Holy Light or 2 HP WoG works well.

Depending on your latency, you can get by with stop casting DL and save even more mana. When the tank takes a little bit of damage start casting a DL. Near the end of the cast if the tank hasn't taken additional damage, stop the cast and start casting again.

Oh how I remember Zul'Aman stop casting...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing is like a dance, and you just gotta learn your rhythm. There is no "rotation", but there is a flow. Once you get a feel for it, you won't want to go back to spamming HL.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Judge with seal of light active whenever you can, it restores mana.
Use holy shock whenever you can to heal with word of glory, you'll save mana.
Tank is always beaconed so do raid healing whenever possible as opposed to directly healing the tank, more efficient heals saves you mana.
Melee mobs you've judged whenever you get a chance, it restores some mana.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]