Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
whaaa
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Paladin
Tell me about it.....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Eh it's really not as bad as most people make it out to be.
Edited by Sahar on 12/22/2010 10:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 10:05 PMPosted by Sahar

I have to agree. Sure it does need some help, but we aren't anywhere near unplayable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
In full heroic gear thats gemmed/enchanted I can put up similar numbers with equally geared hunters and mages give or take 500 dps which all depends on the fight.

Sorry ret isn't faceroll your divine storm key with two piece anymore. L2p.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ret is basically a 2 minute mage in PVP now :p

Remind my why they nerfed the original sudden death execute?

*edit* for clarity, I'm not saying ret is bad, just that it's overly reliant on wings. And that popping wings to use an execute (HoWrath) seems counter to what they've nerfed in the past.
Edited by Aimicata on 12/22/2010 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DPS isn't the issue for most people, it's all the damned RNG. Building up 3 holy power so we can hit our big signature move...oh wait, art of war procced, better hit Exorcism first because it hits harder. Alright SWEET I can now hit my signature move..no wait, Inquisition is about to fall off, better hit that. Oh awesome, a hand of light proc, I can FINALLY hit templar's verdict again...oh damn, the boss just went under 20% so i better hit hammer of wrath first because it hits harder. Oh, now I can hit Templar's Verdict...but wait, Zeoltry is off cooldown! This will be awesome! Crusader Strike...Templa....no wait, art of war proc, gotta hit that first...oh another art of war proc...oh hammer of wrath is off cooldown...HAND OF LIGHT PROC...wow I can hit templar's verdict twice in a row...crusader strike...Oops, better refresh my inquisition lololol.

It's just frustrating to play. There's just no rythem to it. It is by far the most convoluted dps "rotation" in the game currently.
Edited by Bravehearth on 12/22/2010 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
12/22/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Bravehearth
DPS isn't the issue for most people, it's all the damned RNG. Building up 3 holy power so we can hit our big signature move...oh wait, art of war procced, better hit Exorcism first because it hits harder. Alright SWEET I can now hit my signature move..no wait, Inquisition is about to fall off, better hit that. Oh awesome, a hand of light proc, I can FINALLY hit templar's verdict again...oh damn, the boss just went under 20% so i better hit hammer of wrath first because it hits harder. Oh, now I can hit Templar's Verdict...but wait, Zeoltry is off cooldown! This will be awesome! Crusader Strike...Templa....no wait, art of war proc, gotta hit that first...oh another art of war proc...oh hammer of wrath is off cooldown...HAND OF LIGHT PROC...wow I can hit templar's verdict twice in a row...crusader strike...Oops, better refresh my inquisition lololol.

It's just frustrating to play. There's just no rythem to it. It is by far the most convoluted dps "rotation" in the game currently.

THIS

12/22/2010 10:34 PMPosted by Azgahal
In full heroic gear thats gemmed/enchanted I can put up similar numbers with equally geared hunters and mages give or take 500 dps which all depends on the fight.

Sorry, I haven't played Ret in ages. Prot all the way
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I always thought Combat Rogues had it rough with the Sinister Strike glyph, Combat Potency, and Hack and Slash but then I looked at the new Retribution tree and counted my blessings. Just glad I tank with my Paladin and only have two RNGs to worry about.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

I don't know man. If that happened to me I would be thinking "YES LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE ART OF WAR PROCS YESSSS GET RIPPED."
Edited by Sahar on 12/22/2010 11:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
I think that all the procs are almost too much of a good thing
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 10:05 PMPosted by Sahar

Shhhhh! If a Ghostcrawler hears you he'll come at us with the nerf bat again.

I have.. so many bruises from that thing.. *Twitch*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

And we all now know the horror of Ret DPS. Sure it's can push numbers, but it's a terrible design strategy and the devs that thought of it should be reprimanded for their flailing-arms attempt at "fixing" our class.
Reply Quote
12/22/2010 8:58 PMPosted by Belisárius
..lol.

Your mustache is amazing.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
PVE ret pally dps is mediocre. You can generate decent dps at the start of a boss fight but it slowly goes down. PVP ret pally is terrible, absolutely terrible. Inquisition, zealotry, avenging wrath can be dispelled. that is basically all of the ret pally's burst dps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/22/2010 10:34 PMPosted by Azgahal

I'm not in full heroic gear yet, I have been having all sorts of issues with actually gearing but that's beside the point.

I'm calling BS.

On a lucky proc streak? Sure. Standard, consistent DPS? Hell no, you will not keep up with a survival hunter or a Fire mage.

What have you been playing against? BM and Frost?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 11:55 PMPosted by Jax

Shhhhh! If a Ghostcrawler hears you he'll come at us with the nerf bat again.

I have.. so many bruises from that thing.. *Twitch*

I know!!! I don't want to get sent back to the corner again. It's so lonley... So cold... So lonley...
*sobs*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]