Just tried Retribution, and...

85 Draenei Paladin
My rogues highest rating is 2056(Never could beat those good ret/priests teams) =[

Show me yours and I'll show you mine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ratings reset to 1500, pal.

Highest lifetime arena ratings are still in statistics.

His is 1557.

Ahh, touche

So...How's pvp in the lvl 1 bracket?

[EDIT] Oh, wow, even made for the pally forums! Would have been better if it was a L1 Pally imo
Edited by Destrobael on 12/23/2010 5:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Bravehearth
DPS isn't the issue for most people, it's all the damned RNG. Building up 3 holy power so we can hit our big signature move...oh wait, art of war procced, better hit Exorcism first because it hits harder. Alright SWEET I can now hit my signature move..no wait, Inquisition is about to fall off, better hit that. Oh awesome, a hand of light proc, I can FINALLY hit templar's verdict again...oh damn, the boss just went under 20% so i better hit hammer of wrath first because it hits harder. Oh, now I can hit Templar's Verdict...but wait, Zeoltry is off cooldown! This will be awesome! Crusader Strike...Templa....no wait, art of war proc, gotta hit that first...oh another art of war proc...oh hammer of wrath is off cooldown...HAND OF LIGHT PROC...wow I can hit templar's verdict twice in a row...crusader strike...Oops, better refresh my inquisition lololol.

It's just frustrating to play. There's just no rythem to it. It is by far the most convoluted dps "rotation" in the game currently.

PREACH IT!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Yes, waayyy too clunky and you're constantly stepping on your own feet with procs.
Edited by Airict on 12/23/2010 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Shhhhh! If a Ghostcrawler hears you he'll come at us with the nerf bat again.

I have.. so many bruises from that thing.. *Twitch*

Frankly, I'd like to put one of those electric dog collars on a certain someone, then put that "invisible fence all around the paladin class. That way, if "a certain someone" went anywhere near the pally class, well, you know...ZZZZZTTTTT!

We all know he hates the class. I'm sure the people he works with knows it too. Assign it to someone else please. Preferably someone who plays the class regularly and has plenty of experience with it. Oh and, one more prerequisite.....that they have to actually like the class. Please. Pretty please?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DPS isn't the issue for most people, it's all the damned RNG. Building up 3 holy power so we can hit our big signature move...oh wait, art of war procced, better hit Exorcism first because it hits harder. Alright SWEET I can now hit my signature move..no wait, Inquisition is about to fall off, better hit that. Oh awesome, a hand of light proc, I can FINALLY hit templar's verdict again...oh damn, the boss just went under 20% so i better hit hammer of wrath first because it hits harder. Oh, now I can hit Templar's Verdict...but wait, Zeoltry is off cooldown! This will be awesome! Crusader Strike...Templa....no wait, art of war proc, gotta hit that first...oh another art of war proc...oh hammer of wrath is off cooldown...HAND OF LIGHT PROC...wow I can hit templar's verdict twice in a row...crusader strike...Oops, better refresh my inquisition lololol.

It's just frustrating to play. There's just no rythem to it. It is by far the most convoluted dps "rotation" in the game currently.

Just be glad the moves flash brightly when things proc and you don't actually have to monitor everything. The worst thing is, I am too used to DS being holy power based so when I see it light up (known bug) when all the other Holy Power moves do, I sometimes hit it out of habit in AoE situations. Terribad, I know.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well after reading all the threads about ret (well not reading, more like seeing some and skimming others...) I decided to throw on my ret/spec set that I've been building from heroic drops and run a few dailies.

Needless to say, I'm very very confused. I must have opened my spellbook 6 or 7 times to the Ret tab looking for abilities that I must be missing on my bars, because something just seemed wrong. I found that CS/DS now share a cooldown, and DS doesn't grant HP (why???) as I expected it would. Then I had Judge, TV, Cons, HW, and Exo (Inq and Zealotry at the end of the bar too, but I didn't really use those against non-elites)...

Well Cons isn't worth the mana for single targets (barely worth it for multiple targets...), HW has a 'long' cooldown, TV isn't worth hitting until 3HP, and Exo can't be used without a proc. I went into combat, judged, hit CS...waited...hit CS....waited....hit CS....yay now I can TV! Wait, auto-attack killed the mob.

I can only imagine how terrible this must be against elites/bosses. Unless I'm seriously missing abilities on my bars, it seems that there are constant lulls in the rotation where you are just standing around screaming as loudly as you can in your head in frustration while waiting for a proc.

Maybe I'll just have 2 tank specs...
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
Hey, atleast is not vanilla or TBC ret and you can actually play any content you want
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/22/2010 10:34 PMPosted by Azgahal
In full heroic gear thats gemmed/enchanted I can put up similar numbers with equally geared hunters and mages give or take 500 dps which all depends on the fight.

Sorry ret isn't faceroll your divine storm key with two piece anymore. L2p.

Of course, the hunters and mages are in entry level cata gear but nevermind that!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
Been leveling prot dps, because I liked pvping that way in Wrath. I'm on a PvP server.

Got a nice blue quest 2h, tried ret. Practiced on a dummy to figure out the whole CS...judge...CS...filler or proc quasi-rotation. Noticed about a 20% sustained dps increase.

Ventured out into the world.

Got stomped immediately in the first PvP encounter.

Switched back to prot, tracked him down and killed him twice.

This.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/23/2010 4:10 AMPosted by Alunix
If your Exco hits harder then 30k please tell me how

From what I've seen, Exo hits for upwards of 40k in raids, and from the one parse I looked at (not mine), HoW hits for a little bit less then that, but crits a whole hell of a lot more often
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
HAHAHA, have you tried playing in pvp yet? ret is even worse in pvp. talk about getting manhandled like a rag dolll, with hardly any way to compete with it all. Pally just doesn't have enough utility, doesn't have capable cc like other classes, and thats all this game is about. My dps isn't fantastic in pve, but its not awful either, but pvp is a joke right now. I can bubble, and heal to maybe half hp and run out of mana, or try to use a slower heal, and get to 1/4 hp. word of glory heal does basically nothing, so stuck using holy power on templars verdict so I can compete since our other attacks and white damage are so low.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin

I think I heart you!
Edited by Day on 12/27/2010 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin
What did I do wrong for it not to show my quote was by Bravehearth?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it.
Edited by Day on 12/27/2010 5:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It needs a few tweaks, but that's it. Tweaks. I'd say the majority of the complaining on these boards stems from an inability to play with the new higher skill cap system.

Look guys, another "ret is fine l2p" post from some guy with no boss kills this expansion in a world 20000+ guild.

It's obviously fine, don't know why players in world top 10 guilds are seeing any problems with the spec.

I wouldn't want to be in one of those guilds to begin with. Those guilds will force you to specc holy no matter how good ret is. Anyone who's been in a top server guild already knows that. Which i was for years before I switched to something more fun and less overly dramatic.

Arena is broken right now anyway. Ferals and Warriors are stomping on everything and when this season is done gladiators from season 9 will have as much credibility as dk gladiators from season 5.

Your opinion means absolutely nothing on these boards right now if this is the only argument you have on your side.

Hey, atleast is not vanilla or TBC ret and you can actually play any content you want

Also; this. I can already tell that half of the rets on these boards rerolled to it in WOTLK. Those of us who are still around from TBC and Classic aren't whining because the specc is a lot more fun now than it was then.
Edited by Vindicare on 12/27/2010 6:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Couldn't have said it any better myself sir. Good show.
Edited by Nabonidus on 12/27/2010 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree 100%. We now have a whole lot of holy power burns before we can even start DPS. It's horrible in PvP and PvE. I suggest to make Inquisition the 31 point talent that provides a straight 30% increase in DMG (Where we should be at anyway) and just get rid of Zealotry all together, put Divine Storm on its own cooldown again and provide us with some kind of slowing ability that does not sacrifice our DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/23/2010 4:10 AMPosted by Alunix

WTF? You must be epic lucky. I wish AoW procced that much. Btw, if it did you should have NO trouble topping single target DPS. And you're doing it wrong to begin with. WTF is Inquisition? NOTHING. Templars Verdict should always be your number 1 skill. NOT Inquisition. I only pop Inquistion during my Cooldown Bombing (Where i pop Zealotry THEN Inq) also, I never use Exco over Templars either. If your Exco hits harder then 30k please tell me how. Cuz mine hits for like 15 on a crit. Anytime you have 3 HP use Templars. Even if Exco is up. Even if hand of light is up. Double Templars THEN Exco. Unless you can't hit the same button twice in 3 seconds before the proc on AoW runs out.

Regardless, I have no trouble doing 10k dps on Average and getting up to 15k on bosses. I out DPS hunters and mages in single target battles.

Granted our AoE is lame...Who cares? If you want AoE roll a warrior and spam cleaves. They do retarded amount of DPS. Otherwise relearn Ret. It's not face-roll win anymore.

P.s. Divine storm is junk unless used on more then 10 mobs.

I've had a 40k exo crit before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]