How do small guilds level fast?

90 Troll Mage
Hi there.

A lot of people are wondering how small guilds are supposed to level as fast as the bigger guilds.

It turns out there is a way. Run guild heroics. They give tons of guild xp. If a guild can manage 2 or 3 guild heroics a day, they'll be levelling pretty quick. Maybe not capping out every day, but still.

Guild heroics! Tell your friends.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yes, because grinding heroics puts the FUN back in guild.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
Because the phrase "content" means end game content only amirite? And all the perks are only for "content" use only amirite?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Domöna
Because the phrase "content" means end game content only amirite? And all the perks are only for "content" use only amirite?

Thanks Domöna.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 5:32 PMPosted by Mnemoniq
If you're not actually doing content then what do you need bonuses for?

Reading comprehension difficult for you?

Nowhere did I say we are not running dungeons. I merely stated that grinding them is not my idea of fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 5:32 PMPosted by Mnemoniq
Yes, because grinding heroics puts the FUN back in guild.

If you're not actually doing content then what do you need bonuses for?

I'm pretty sure that the XP and mount speed bonuses aren't going to help much in heroics or raids...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No but if your a tiny guild with RL friends than your never going to be doing anything past heroics, so what do you need all those perks for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 7:44 PMPosted by Ranko
No but if your a tiny guild with RL friends than your never going to be doing anything past heroics, so what do you need all those perks for.

I'm apparently still missing the tooltip that says "Raiding Guild Perks".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Leveling a guild should be a group effort. It is unreasonable for 2 to 3 people to singlehandedly cap the daily cap.

The OP was suggesting, at the very least, a temporary solution while you wait for Blizzard to tweak the guild xp gains, if ever. With 1 GM, and 3 officers, you can form a guild run for heroics to carry the guild all by yourselves, while you recruit for more people to help out.

If you don't want to do heroics for Chaos Orbs, then you cannot craft epic gear.
If you don't want to do random heroics for valor points, then you cannot get epic gear from the valor points vendor.

In the same way, if you don't want to put in the effort to do heroics, to gain a lot of guild xp, then you won't cap it.

"Fun" is irrelevant. It's one of the few options left to smaller guilds, and if you were dedicated to your guild, you would make the effort. But if you don't, then it can be argued that you don't deserve to cap the daily cap.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It only takes five active people to easily and quickly cap guild exp for a day.

I guess people just equate "small guild" with "I like to AFK in Stormwind all day instead of playing the game so I don't earn any guild exp and then come to the forums to complain about failing at this ridiculously low guild exp cap".
Reply Quote
21 Blood Elf Mage
either Im reading the cap limit incorrectly, or Im singlehandedly hitting our small guild's daily XP cap in about 1.5 hours each day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/24/2010 6:26 PMPosted by Chillaximus
either Im reading the cap limit incorrectly, or Im singlehandedly hitting our small guild's daily XP cap in about 1.5 hours each day.

You are hitting 6.2 million GXP all by yourself? Hardly. Five active guild members can not hit the cap, unless they chain heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 9:22 PMPosted by Goldbrand
"Fun" is irrelevant. It's one of the few options left to smaller guilds, and if you were dedicated to your guild, you would make the effort. But if you don't, then it can be argued that you don't deserve to cap the daily cap.

I forgot, it's a GAME, so it's not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to feel like a second job. Got it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/24/2010 3:32 PMPosted by Eloderung
It only takes five active people to easily and quickly cap guild exp for a day.

Do you have any proof of this? You basically get 1% of your daily xp per player, per boss in an heroic. That's 25 heroic bosses to cap. You can kill about 6 heroic bosses an hour. That means they need to spend 4 hours every day grinding heroics to cap out. I would hardly call that "quick." While it may be easy, you run out of reasons to run heroics when you clear four to five a day just to get your guild xp and it becomes a grind. Meanwhile a large guild member runs it once a day for something else they want and then doesn't even have to worry about guild xp.

12/24/2010 3:32 PMPosted by Eloderung
I guess people just equate "small guild" with "I like to AFK in Stormwind all day instead of playing the game so I don't earn any guild exp and then come to the forums to complain about failing at this ridiculously low guild exp cap".

I guess people in large guild just equate "small guild activity" with "one of your members should do the work of ten of my own or else you are just sitting afk all day; but I'll come defend my illogical position on the forum after running my one daily heroic while you are busy running your fourth."

12/24/2010 6:26 PMPosted by Chillaximus

You are reading it wrong or it's bugged.

12/23/2010 9:22 PMPosted by Goldbrand
In the same way, if you don't want to put in the effort to do heroics, to gain a lot of guild xp, then you won't cap it.

Because the small guild members who each run two heroics don't deserve it as soon as the large guild members who may or may not run an heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 7:48 PMPosted by Leamond

I forgot, it's a GAME, so it's not supposed to be fun, it's supposed to feel like a second job. Got it.

Nothing is stopping you from having fun if you are not capping the daily cap. You don't need it to have fun. You will reach level 25 eventually, just slower. There is more to this game than meeting the daily cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 7:52 PMPosted by Dosvidaniya

Because the small guild members who each run two heroics don't deserve it as soon as the large guild members who may or may not run an heroic.

They clearly don't deserve it as FAST if only 4 ppl are carrying the guild while the rest barely do anything. Once again, this is a group effort. Everyone should be participating. It is unreasonable for 4 people to cap the daily cap when it is supposed to be a group effort.

Yet it is possible to compensate for lack of numbers with skill. I have just recorded how much guild xp you gain in heroics. Each boss you kill in a heroic gives you 37200 guild xp per person. If you had 4 guildies, that means a boss kill would give you 37200 x 4 = 148,800 guild xp. Assuming a heroic has 4 bosses, that means a full clear would give you 595,200 guild xp in 90 mins.

The daily cap is 6,440,000. That means 4 people will have to run about 11 heroics to cap it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

This is simple maths. 4 construction workers cannot build a building as fast as 20 construction workers. In order for the 4 construction workers to finish something as fast, they have to work overtime. But Blizzard has already thrown a bone to the 4 construction workers. The 20 construction workers cannot work as much as they want. There is a cap to how much they can complete. But the company with the 4 construction workers still complain.

Someone has already suggested something simple that will benefit both small guilds and large guilds. Make the daily cap a weekly one instead. That way smaller guilds can have a larger turnout on the weekends and make it easier to reach the cap.

I certainly don't see anyone in here providing a suggestion as good as that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/24/2010 9:27 PMPosted by Goldbrand
Once again, this is a group effort. Everyone should be participating.

Thank you for proving my point. In a small guild of 10 people, they are all required to do the work of 1 to 10 people of a larger guild. The large guild members may or may not be participating. The group effort put forth by every individual in a small guild much be must larger than that done by the individuals in a large guild.

The daily cap is 6,440,000. That means 4 people will have to run about 11 heroics to cap it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Which is an absolute ridiculous requirement of the small guild. A guild of 12 people should not have to require every member to run 3 heroics every 2 days and 2 heroics on the third day while a member in a large guild may or may not even have to run their normal random heroic to cap out. Those twelve people should not have to put in the effort of 5 people from a larger guild to get the exact same reward.

4 construction workers cannot build a building as fast as 20 construction workers. In order for the 4 construction workers to finish something as fast, they have to work overtime. But Blizzard has already thrown a bone to the 4 construction workers. The 20 construction workers cannot work as much as they want. There is a cap to how much they can complete. But the company with the 4 construction workers still complain.

Lets actually look at your example and see what is really happening.

The team of 20 people are working to build a house. When it gets finished, Blizzard is going to let each of them live in a room. It will be finished after the team builds 12 required rooms. Blizzard will only let them build one one required room each day, any additional rooms will be leased out; but they aren't required to build any rooms, let alone extra rooms. Each team member has to build one twentieth of a room each day or they will have to work extra days to get their rooms. These 20 people complain that they are building 2 rooms a day (one tenth of a room per person) and are upset because any additional work done isn't helping them get rooms faster even though Blizzard gives out all the required rooms plus 8 free to the remaining members of the team when it is completed.

Meanwhile, a team of 4 people are also working to build a house. When it gets finished, Blizzard is going to let each of them live in a room. Blizzard is still requiring them to build 12 required rooms. Blizzard will only let them build one required room each day, any additional rooms will be leased; they also don't have to build any rooms, let alone extra rooms. Each team member has to build one forth of a room each day or they will have to work extra days. These four people complain that they are building 12 rooms when they will only use four rooms and that the large crew not only gets to use every room required of them, they get an additional 8 free rooms. They are also complaining that they will have to move in later than the large group if they can't manage to get one fourth of a room each day; which is extremely hard to do.

Lets look at the two groups. The large group complains they don't get it earlier because they actually finished building 20 rooms (one for each of them) before they build all 12 required rooms. The individuals in this group only had to build 60% of a room, but they really built 1.2 rooms each and are upset that they built 60% of a room that didn't get counted; even though they were given 8 free rooms so that they really only built an extra 4 rooms (20% of a room per member).

The small group complains because they built 12 rooms, but they only need four in the first place. Each member of that group was required to build 3 rooms to get their room. They are then infuriated that the large group says that not only should they be required to build the 3 rooms per member and didn't deserve to move in until later, the large guild members should have only had to build the 20 rooms required of them (one room each) and they shouldn't have had to build that extra 60% of a room per group member.

You are telling me to be happy because you had to build 24 rooms when you only needed the 12 (only used 50% of the rooms built); while ignoring the fact that Blizzard gave you 8 for free (you are really using 83.3% of the rooms built) . Meanwhile, I am trying to tell you that we built 12 rooms when we only needed four (using 33.33% of the rooms built). You then wonder why we are complaining.
Someone has already suggested something simple ...

Simple, smaller guild members should not be required to do the work of multiple guild members from larger guilds. Scale it based on guild size. I know that guilds would kick less active members in that case; however, you just say the top x% of the guilds players or even the top x players contributions will be counted.
Edited by Dosvidaniya on 12/24/2010 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone has already suggested something simple that will benefit both small guilds and large guilds. Make the daily cap a weekly one instead. That way smaller guilds can have a larger turnout on the weekends and make it easier to reach the cap.

And larger guilds cap by Wednesday making us bang our heads against the wall the rest of the week to wait on leveling? I don't think so.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 10:13 PMPosted by Dosvidaniya

Simple, smaller guild members should not be required to do the work of multiple guild members from larger guilds. Scale it based on guild size. I know that guilds would kick less active members in that case; however, you just say the top x% of the guilds players or even the top x players contributions will be counted.

Terrible idea.

You also effectively just complained that you have to get level 25 eventually when you're only going to use the benefits of up to level 10.
Edited by Trexokor on 12/24/2010 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]