Holy Wrath not breaking CC

90 Human Paladin
Is there any plan to make Holy Wrath not break cc such as sheep/repentance? In our FCFS system I find that I use it constantly and will notice a huge lack of HP generation when cc'd targets are still in range.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
it's once every 15 seconds, it doesn't do much damage and the radius isn't that huge

I just don't see the issue
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
You can't AoE in range of CC'd targets. If they are in range you're doing it wrong. Let the CCer's CC before you pull. Make the mobs run towards you, away from their CC'd buddies. If CCing doesn't aggro the other mobs, pull one with a exo, when they're far enough away from CC'd mobs, AS, etc.
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
12/24/2010 9:20 PMPosted by Gidgite
it's once every 15 seconds, it doesn't do much damage and the radius isn't that huge

It generates Holy Power by chance and is part of our actual rotation.
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
12/24/2010 9:50 PMPosted by Ascherith

Part of your AoE rotation. Which you don't follow if you can't get out of range of CC'd mobs. If CC is required for the instance you're running, you should be focusing skull and not using AoE abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 9:09 PMPosted by Sedwick
Is there any plan to make Holy Wrath not break cc such as sheep/repentance? In our FCFS system I find that I use it constantly and will notice a huge lack of HP generation when cc'd targets are still in range.

No. So don't use holy wrath if there are CC'd targets. This seems like the simplest solution. Don't worry so much about how much damage you're doing either. Paladins don't top the charts anymore so don't kill yourself (or the rest of the group) trying.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
seriously 10 yard range

it's not hard to stand 15 yards from the sheep
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
l2pull
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
take it from a healer please don't face smash the key board in order to up you dps a smidgen please be aware of were the trash is. staying alive and doing the what is best for the group for a whole is what your main concern should be. + every one wants to do a dungeon as fast as possible and that is making it so the healer and or the dps doesn't have to grab a cup of joe after each and every pull. remember this is cata not wrath fight mechanics are gonna rely on you using all your attention and focus on not dying. go it slow till were all over geared and O.P as all hell so we can run though heroics in a few seconds.
Edited by Stinkyshoses on 12/25/2010 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, and warriors can't whirlwind or cleave, and rogues can't fan of knives, and shaman can't fire nova, and death knights can't pestilence or dark transformation.

Don't AoE near CCed mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'd settle for avenger's shield realizing that rooted and feared mobs are just as off limits as the sheep :P
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
12/25/2010 6:23 AMPosted by Holiwrath

That doesn't mean you can't just hold off on Holy Wrath, like you said its a chance, that doesn't mean it is guaranteed.

Along with that you pull the mobs further away from the CC targets, 10 yards isn't a lot, its a bit more then melee range in fact.

Not using it would still be a dps loss though, of course thats not an issue if the pull is done correctly and you can just HW normally, but to say that "its only part of your aoe rotation derp" like others here is just plain silly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 9:11 AMPosted by Ascherith

Not using it would still be a dps loss though, of course thats not an issue if the pull is done correctly and you can just HW normally, but to say that "its only part of your aoe rotation derp" like others here is just plain silly.

Not spamming Blizzard or Fan of Knives can also be a dps loss. That's not the point.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There are a lot of things at odds hrer tho. Yes, were not topping the dps charts, and yes, it would be nice to have something to do whist everything else is on cd. However were not the only ones that need to accept this. I've been in far too many runs where the tank is QQing about the lack of dps, but yet no one is breaking CC and everythng is running fairly well. Dps isn't the only ones that need to turn off their recount,
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
12/25/2010 11:02 AMPosted by Jantilla

Not spamming Blizzard or Fan of Knives can also be a dps loss. That's not the point.

Spamming blizzard would be a dps loss unless its an aoe situation and if you want to compare Fan of Knives to something it would be to Divine Storm, not HW.... which would also be a dps loss if you are spamming it btw... why are you even bringing this up? doesnt help your argument much.
You missed the point, HW is part of our rotation, single target or not.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy wrath should be deleted and replaced anyways. @%!#ty skill. Brings nothing good to the paladin class.
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
12/25/2010 4:56 AMPosted by Ehcks
Don't AoE near CCed mobs.

How many times must it be said? HW isn't part of a rotation because there is no rotation. Who cares if not using it is a DPS loss? Topping DPS isn't the name of the game, not dying is. If all you look at is recount, you are bad. WoG'ing a tank when needed or bubbling a healer is also a DPS loss. If everyone is alive and the mobs aren't, then it is a success. DPS only matters in the face of an enrage timer, and there's generally not a lot of CC going on in those situations.
Edited by Xavinus on 12/25/2010 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2010 9:50 PMPosted by Ascherith

since when does it generate holy power? SINCE WHEN?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]