Am I a bad pally for not using a shield?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I won the epic off hand boe, and equipped it because it was a significant upgrade to what i was using >.>

There were no casters that could use it in group, so I didn't feel too bad for taking it
Thoughts and opinions?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
upgrade is upgrade
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I would say its fine, since

1. It was an upgrade

2. There were no casters that needed it more than you

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No. PvE healing does not need armor.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Are they pretty flowers? No?

Bad paladin, bad. No biscuit.

(Seriously, an upgrade's an upgrade. You're not -- or shouldn't -- be taking damage that's mitigatable by block or armor as a healer anyhow.)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks to sexy off-hand +int chants, I find that non-shield off-hand gear is very good for holy pallys. Of course a shield is nice thanks to a big extra slab of armor, but hey, OBVIOUS UPGRADE IS OBVIOUS. :) Merry Chrismas btw.
Edited by Rehgallag on 12/25/2010 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Depending on your server's prices, it might have been better to sell the offhand and buy an Elementium Stormshield, but just equipping it is fine too for PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

This is wrong.

12/25/2010 7:15 AMPosted by Zephyrius
1. It was an upgrade

This is right.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2010 8:11 AMPosted by Rehgallag
Thanks to sexy off-hand +int chants, I find that non-shield off-hand gear is very good for holy pallys.

You know you can enchant a shield with +100 int too, right? It's an "off-hand" item. Try it, rejoice.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's less of a crime now that +100 int goes on your off-hand as well as your shield.

Next, they need to open up ranged enchants for thrown weapons.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
well technically rogues can put poisons on their thrown wep now thats a start :D

edit: engineers also have scopes amirite? that somewhat counts as a enchant :p
Edited by Geranth on 12/25/2010 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Skake

This is wrong.

12/25/2010 7:15 AMPosted by Zephyrius
1. It was an upgrade

This is right.

Oh please. If you want to take it literally then I suppose zero armor would be a bad thing, but in reality even all cloth would work, so saying you "need" it is probably an overstatement even in the extreme.

However, if you're even looking at how much armor an item gives you when considering whether or not to use it as a PvE Holy Paladin, you're definitely positively doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 10:24 AMPosted by Geranth
well technically rogues can put poisons on their thrown wep now thats a start :D

edit: engineers also have scopes amirite? that somewhat counts as a enchant :p

Scopes don't go on thrown weapons. Trust me, I'm an engineer.
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Paladin
12/25/2010 10:21 AMPosted by Jantilla
It's less of a crime now that +100 int goes on your off-hand as well as your shield.

And relics for those of us who can't use ranged weapons. A warrior can enchant his gun/bow, why can't I enchant my book?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 3:50 PMPosted by Xavinus

And relics for those of us who can't use ranged weapons. A warrior can enchant his gun/bow, why can't I enchant my book?

This is slightly different. I'm pretty sure the item budget for Relics is better than that for guns.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Now that we can enchant offhands, no it really does not matter at all.

Some might even say you should pass to casters because we have access to shields... well they have access to staff weapons and we don't... I don't really see a problem with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
wear all cloth and im going to laugh hard, youre preventing yourself from alot of benefit from the armor mastery
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]