To the DPS who don't know how threat works...

87 Dwarf Warrior
Why are the DPS forums so similar to trade chat?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I was almost going to post some troll like response until I got to the end...

Who counts to elephants? Seriously?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm a tank.

Single target threat is MORE than fine. In fact, it's overpowered. The tanking 'stances' give wayyyy too much +threat%. On boss fights, I'm usually so far ahead that even good DPSers are sitting at <40% of my threat.

AoE is a different story, and that's working as intended.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
What is this, the 12,000 post on this topic.
Also why did you post here? Don't you know that the ones you need to be yelling at aren't here reading your Soap box Prose!
The ones you need to be screaming at are in trade chat trolling each other :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/25/2010 9:04 AMPosted by Bruxly
Let me get straight to the point.

THIS IS NOT WOTLK ANYMORE.

Threat has been reworked from last expansion, it's harder to maintain now. I can't thunderclap and shockwave and then go make a sandwich to return to my warrior still holding aggro. For some reason, 90% of the people who do this, are mages with big E-peens because they pull numbers on their recount charts. I had one terrible mage Mirror Image while my heroic throw was flying through the air, and nuking the mob as much as possible before 2 GCD's. This lead to "Hold aggro pl0x" and "Omg bad tank is bad" along with 50 other phrases straight from 4chan.

This has happened at least 2379 times. I'm not a bad tank, i've tanked BRD and BT, I know how to play my class and I do it damn well. I'm just not going to put 500% of my effort trying to hold aggro for DPS who don't know how to let me hold aggro. i'm going to repeat this.

I'M NOT GOING TO PUT 500% OF MY EFFORT TRYING TO HOLD AGGRO FOR DPS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO LET ME HOLD AGGRO.

You guys wait to get into dungeons for like what, 45 minutes? Why would you ##@# all over the tank for you not knowing the math and basics of threat mechanics?

So please DPS, i'm going to put this into words that even the dumbest of you guys can't even screw up.

COUNT TO 3 ELEPHANTS BEFORE YOU START DPSING.

P.S Yes i'm mad, yes this is a QQ, but maybe some of you idiots who pleasure yourselves to your dps charts will read this. Too all the DPS who actually give the tanks time to pick things up, Thanks for knowing how to play, you're the reason why i love to tank.

Dear tanks,

Stop telling us how to play, and L2threat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wow, I always run with guild tanks, and I have never seen any of them lose agro, you may need to roll something else like a NPC, maybe more your style.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
To the OP. Learn your roll and learn how to hold agro now. It is not my fault that I put Tricks on you, wait 5 seconds after you attack, attack the target, and then vanish because I still pulled agro. That is not my fault, that is yours. That is not the melee not knowing how threat works. That is the tanks fault for not generating any threat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
My favorite is when a tank marks a mob with a skull and then only generates threat on some random off target. Yes, that's happened to me before.

@OP You suck, plain and simple. I can fire off a soulburned soulfire right as my guild tanks pull and those mobs don't even notice me.

Also, aside from arcane mages, no dps goes balls to the wall right out of the gate. Most of us have a fairly hefty ramp up time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
cc saves tanks from having to do anything in 5mans. at least in wrath you had to work to hold threat while people aoe'd stuff down. now its just hold on to 1 or 2 mobs while everything is single targetted down.

vengence makes tanking EEEEEEEEEEEEEEASY!
Reply Quote
58 Human Paladin
Gee guys, I can make up stories about how I can blow all my CD's and my tank will never lose aggro, point of the matter is.

Warriors lose aggro a lot easier then anything else at the start, because they have RAGE.

When you have no rage, you can't use anything, when you auto attack for the first 2 seconds because you have no rage because dps is pulling off of you, and a simple miss-taunt can really screw things up.

Bears are in the same boat, Paladins and DK's barely lose threat, but threat is always lost at the start of a fight with warriors and bears. Hence why it's so important for bad dps to stop being bad at being dps and let tanks tank instead of making them bad tanks.

DPS forums, where the skilless go to be skillful.

Also:
12/25/2010 10:34 AMPosted by Kiora
You know how you can tell a bad tank from a good one?

Bad ones ask you to wait before DPSing.
Good ones ensure you never have to stop, regardless of either of yours' TPS.

By far the dumbest thing i ever read, go die please, i have a whole tanking forum that wants to have a talk to you.
Edited by Allisse on 12/25/2010 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
No one blows all their CD's at the beginning of a trash pull. Get out of our forum.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You need to stop making this kind of threads.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/25/2010 9:55 AMPosted by Tashre
COUNT TO 3 ELEPHANTS BEFORE YOU START DPSING.

How do you tell a pally tank from a warrior? Warriors can't always cover for bad #@@!ing dps pulling aggro and getting themselves killed, their healers oomed, and the group all running back to the instance in spirit form.

Learn the different abilities of different tanks. Learn to dispel, decurse, remove poison, @#%#ing bandage yourself, target the tanks target, and freaking cc. You are not there to maintain your highest dps rotation nonstop anymore. You're job is to help your group make it through the dungeon, just like the tank and healer.

Responsibility? OH NO!!! WTF, what do I reroll to to get away from that!?!
Edited by Amarina on 12/25/2010 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

I can guarantee you that, given equal gear, any DPS that wants to pull aggro from a tank can do so; regardless of how good that tank may or may not be.

Oh, I agree 100%.

There's a distinct difference between being able to start right away, and using all of your cooldowns within the first 5 seconds.

There sure is. And that difference is:

Good ones ensure you never have to stop, regardless of either of yours' TPS

edit:
12/25/2010 4:20 PMPosted by Amarina
How do you tell a pally tank from a warrior? Warriors can't always cover for bad #@@!ing dps pulling aggro and getting themselves killed, their healers oomed, and the group all running back to the instance in spirit form.

What's funny is, if you knew how to play your warrior properly, or if you ran with skilled ones, you would know how much of an easier time a warrior would have doing this than a paladin.

But hey, tanking isn't for everybody.
Edited by Tashre on 12/25/2010 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/25/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Tashre
What's funny is, if you knew how to play your warrior properly, or if you ran with skilled ones, you would know how much of an easier time a warrior would have doing this than a paladin.

But hey, tanking isn't for everybody.

So you deny that warriors and pallys have different strengths when tanking?

Hey, reading up or trying different classes isn't for everbody. pew pew some more instead.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
They introduced this spell called the "taunt" in cata... oops nm that was vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/25/2010 6:25 PMPosted by Troublmaker
They introduced this spell called the "taunt" in cata... oops nm that was vanilla.

1 tank. 3 dps. All dps go for a different target (always, the idea of /assist escapes dps, that would mean "following" someone, and THEY are the leader, not someone else....) so the tank can taunt... and then it's on cd.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
REBUTTAL TO THE OP:

"To the tanks who don't know how kiting works..."

Let me get straight to the point.

THIS IS NOT WOTLK ANYMORE.

Healing has been reworked from last expansion, it's harder to maintain now. They can't spam heals on you and then go make a sandwich to raid healing the DPS who are already topped off. For some reason, 90% of the tanks who do complain about DPS pulling aggro, are plate wearers or druids with small IRL-peens because they are trying to compensate for it by tanking. I had one terrible tank complain about Mirror Image while he had aggro, and no amount of nuking the mob could pull from him. This lead to him posting " 'Hold aggro pl0x' " and " 'Omg bad tank is bad' " along revealing that he does not know anything about other classes' mechanics and is too dimwitted to notice their effects while playing his own character.

This has happened at least 2379 times. They're mostly bad tanks, who claim to have tanked BRD and BT (as if that matters), and think they know how to play their class while they damn well don't. I'm just going to put 500% of my effort trying to pull mobs and kite them to reduce damage taken for tanks who don't know how what kiting is. i'm going to repeat this.

I'M JUST GOING TO PUT 500% OF MY EFFORT TRYING TO PULL MOBS AND KITE THEM TO REDUCE DAMAGE TAKEN FOR TANKS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT KITING IS.

You guys wait finishing clearing dungeons for like what, the exact same 45 minutes as the other 4 people in the group? Why would you ##@# all over the DPS for you not knowing the math and basics of damage taken mechanics?

So please TANK, i'm going to put this into words that even the dumbest of you guys can't even screw up.

IF THE DPS PULLS AGGRO FROM YOU AND TAKES LESS DAMAGE THAN YOU WOULD THEN HE IS KITING AND IT HELPS THE HEALER

P.S Yes i'm lulzing, yes this is a lulz post, but maybe some of you idiots who pleasure yourselves to your QQ charts will read this. Too all the tanks who actually give the DPS time to kite before taunting when they would actually take damage, Thanks for knowing how to play, you're the reason why i love to kite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]