To the DPS who don't know how threat works...

90 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 7:24 PMPosted by Gothos
For some reason, 90% of the tanks who do complain about DPS pulling aggro, are plate wearers or druids with small IRL-peens because

Stop right here.

How are only 90% of tanks who complain plate wearers or druids? 100% of tanks are plate wearers or druids. There are no non-druid, non-plate wearing tanking classes. Therefore all the tanks complaining are either plate wearers or druids.
Edited by Dekkar on 12/26/2010 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/26/2010 6:49 AMPosted by Ludacar
That's the whole problem right there. So it's not part of a DPS'er's job to pay attention to threat? Really? You're probably one of the dpsers that doesn't interrupt either, and *##*!es at the healer for not keeping up while you stand in the fire.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Having tanked for over 4 years only now to go with a new toon and dps for a change, all I can say is BS. If you can't hold aggro, or grab the occasional mob that wanders off in an AOE and glue it back to yourself, then you're bad. I'm finding with some of these baddie tanks that come out of the woodworks in randoms I'm having to outright STOP deepsing and run out for 5 seconds, on a boss fight, because omen's threat alerts are making my ears bleed. That isn't bad dps, that is bad tanking. That's something I, nor any tank worth his/her salt, has ever had to worry about, be it in WOTLK, BC, or whenever. It almost tempts me to go back to tanking because a bad dps is easier to overcome than a fail tank such as yourself. Bad tanks have been using this newfound "difficulty" in Cataclysm as their excuse to being so terrible. Besides, that mage you're QQing to probably isn't reading this, nor ever will. So, what's the point? You're just pissing in the wind, Baddie.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/26/2010 12:06 PMPosted by Ansat
Having tanked for over 4 years only now to go with a new toon and dps for a change, all I can say is BS. If you can't hold aggro, or grab the occasional mob that wanders off in an AOE and glue it back to yourself, then you're bad. I'm finding with some of these baddie tanks that come out of the woodworks in randoms I'm having to outright STOP deepsing and run out for 5 seconds, on a boss fight, because omen's threat alerts are making my ears bleed. That isn't bad dps, that is bad tanking. That's something I, nor any tank worth his/her salt, has ever had to worry about, be it in WOTLK, BC, or whenever. It almost tempts me to go back to tanking because a bad dps is easier to overcome than a fail tank such as yourself. Bad tanks have been using this newfound "difficulty" in Cataclysm as their excuse to being so terrible. Besides, that mage you're QQing to probably isn't reading this, nor ever will. So, what's the point? You're just pissing in the wind, Baddie.

^completely agree

and i think blizzard wants tanks to balance their threat/damage gear WITH their defense/avoidance gear, same goes for the other roles... and honestly, some people only know how to play their class based off of what other sites and people say is best, there's a lot more room for character personalization then you think, and some are less optimal than others, but putting points into reduced stun duration or something similar helps more than you'd think in groups/raids.

this isn't even a discussion anymore... it's difficult to take this post seriously haha.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
P.S Yes i'm mad, yes this is a QQ, but maybe some of you idiots who pleasure yourselves to your dps charts will read this.

This is a fantastic idea and I need to start doing this.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
If a dps pulls aggro from the same single mob the tank's targeting is that the dps' fault as well?
Reply Quote
Let me get straight to the point.

I'M NOT GOING TO PUT 500% OF MY EFFORT TRYING TO HOLD AGGRO FOR DPS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO LET ME HOLD AGGRO.

Doin it wrong.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]