Best place to farm frostweave?

85 Blood Elf Rogue
converted heros. He is right. They are in huge groups and you can even pull two groups together. You will get tons of frostweave and fast.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I have made so much gold farming frostweave off converted heroes its ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/02/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Castorr
Supply and demand. The AH is super inflated from tailors needing this cloth. I spent like 400g from 400-410 so far.
Which is nothing.

Be prepared to spend 50-300g per skill point in the Embersilk phase. There are 2 or 3 pieces that might sell for 25-50% of cost if you are patient on the AH, the rest is nearly-worthless DE-fodder.
Reply Quote
Im glad I found this thread. I went to the location in Icecrown and Im scooping up Frostweave uber quick! Much quicker than other locations I've tried.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I just leveled tailoring from 0 to Dreamcloth cooldowns in 1 day, and Frostweave was the only thing I went out to farm (I did go through a bunch of various cloth drops I had saved up from leveling a couple characters).

I started in on the Converted Heroes with 3 22-slot bags to fill, two filled with junk/food and 1 filled with cloth in about 40min. They didn't drop quite as much as I was expecting, probably averaged 6 cloth per pack, but they were easy enough for even a level80 shadowpriest in quest gear. 1 PWS + 2 Mind Sears + 1 SWD, loot, repeat. The vendor trash was worth 120g, too.

I made Frostweave Bags and they've all sold. I just sent all the armor I had to make to my enchanter though. Anyone have any experience with trying to sell Frostwoven armor, or should I just d/e it?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you have a max level Paladin or DK alt, I would farm instances like Halls of Lightning
Reply Quote
The church on the island in Icecrown, can't remember the name, but at one point you help an ebon blade dude over there and he yells something about ripping out someone's soul.

In there are a ton of humanoids all packed together with a very fast respawn rate. I farmed thousands there a long time ago.

And be sure to do it with your tailor, for the extra cloth drops.

(Apologies if this has been said, I'm too lazy to read thru two pages to see if the same answer has been given)

edit: Onslaught Harbor is what it's called. The church in there, and kill the random dudes outside if you have to wait on respawns. Usually between the packs on the stairs and the people inside I was kept pretty busy though.
Edited by Banksies on 10/28/2011 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Death Knight
ive found that the humanoids in magmoth in the north of the borean tundra drop a decent amount
Reply Quote
57 Orc Death Knight
I don't know about now, but in wrath i always farmed on the converted heroes mentioned in western icecrown (my tailor alt is a demo lock so i just aoe'ed the 8 packs)...

That's the place to farm at 85. Although nowadays people farm Grisly Trophies there for the Darkmoon quest, and other things there, too, so it's often pretty busy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
01/03/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Qenna
After a few hours of "research", I have found that the conflagration in Icecrown has the most consistency for frostweave drops. It's location is the huge expanse directly west of Ymiren (sp?). There are groups of 8 Converted heroes that are easily pulled one-by-one (even if you're that level) or if you go directly northeast of that area you'll find fallen heroes that have not been converted. HOWEVER the drops that i have found were mostly 1 frostweave cloth on average. (i think i got 2 and 3 frostweave from a single mob once, each.) But most mobs do drop (one) frostweave.
^This is a recommended spot. Another one is the alchemists lab near the Ebon Flame hold in Ice Crown. You also get some formulas if you kill enough plus the respawn rate is high. Soloing some instances works pretty well, too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Cathedral of Darkness elite mobs near ICC's jousting daily area. They have full loot tables unlike converted heroes, so you have a chance at World Drops like Books of Glyph Mastery, and by the time you loot all the mobs on one side, the other half have respawned.
Edited by Krestril on 3/15/2012 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Same way you farmed Love Is In The Air Charm Bracelets. There's a cathedral near ICC with these cultists mobs. AOE to victory.

EDIT: What guy above me said.
Edited by Anavises on 3/16/2012 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The absolute BEST place for Frostweave is in Icecrown, but I wouldn't recommend the converted heroes unless you're tying it in with the Silver Covenant Daily quests.

You should simply farm the level 80 undead elites all throughout the zone as they tend to drop like flies, pull in mobs of 5-10 and drop on average (that I have seen) 1.5 pieces per enemy.

This is how I caught my First Aid back up and also how I plan on crafting 500 Heavy Frostweave Bandages, lol.

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2012 11:40 PMPosted by Krestril
Cathedral of Darkness elite mobs near ICC's jousting daily area. They have full loot tables unlike converted heroes, so you have a chance at World Drops like Books of Glyph Mastery, and by the time you loot all the mobs on one side, the other half have respawned.

Great point too, because I actually found a Book of Glyph Master on these very mobs just 2 days ago.

Farm and profit, that is all.
Reply Quote
if your looking specifically for a dungeon i find dark' theron keep to be pretty good, especially if u have the scavenging, plus there r a couple dinos u can skin on the way if ur a skinner : )
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
if ya go in the ICC there are those people worshiping the idol... kill them and they drop about (with all of em) maybe about 15 per group..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]