Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret pally.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Survival Hunters as far as I know
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
any dps played by someone who is not a total retard.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Without a doubt hunters and DK's. Unholy 2h DK DPS is absolutely absurd right now. Our DK does 20k+ on EVERY fight, and gets ranked on WoL everytime. It's just overpowered as hell.
An Unholy DK shouldn't do 5k+ more DPS than everyone else in the raid consisting of equally skilled/geared players.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Rets & Arms
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Survival and Unholy.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Unholy seems to be pretty high right now. Yesterday I was in a Vortex Pinnacle and my recount for the whole place was around 7500. The other 2 were only around 4500 - 5000. Pretty sure its not my gear either, as I only have a bunch of quest greens and a few dungeon blues.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
i do 15-17k on boss fights in 5 mans depending on group makeup blood lust ect.... but at bare min 15k fairly easily. on occassion lower if im spending alot of time running from aoe...i would count properly skilled/geared rogues as among the top 3.... unless your looking for the theoretical numbers, in which case we get !!%* on.... hunters are top tho due to being ranged, and how melee unfriendly most boss fights are
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Our DK does 20k+ on EVERY fight, and gets ranked on WoL everytime. It's just overpowered as hell.
An Unholy DK shouldn't do 5k+ more DPS than everyone else in the raid consisting of equally skilled/geared players.

Unholy isn't that much higher parsed than many dps specs. Sounds like a L2P for 5k dps.

Edit: Ontopic: Uh dk or Survival hunter!
Edited by Julsqt on 12/27/2010 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/dps/

Not the best source, but pretty decent indication.

I have no idea how a P-War has 35k DPS on 25m Magmaw...

Moo
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 12:05 PMPosted by Happybrother
Unholy seems to be pretty high right now. Yesterday I was in a Vortex Pinnacle and my recount for the whole place was around 7500. The other 2 were only around 4500 - 5000. Pretty sure its not my gear either, as I only have a bunch of quest greens and a few dungeon blues.

May I ask who cares about 5-Man parses? Rets were almost always top DPS in Heroics in Wrath yet were still mediocore DPS in Raids.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
lol@saying Ret DPS is high. I guess I'm just not in on the joke or something.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 3:59 PMPosted by Ragebarr
lol@saying Ret DPS is high. I guess I'm just not in on the joke or something.

nah b ret paladins are pro
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
surv is the highest ranged spec i think,
inb4 that butthurt DK starts crying about SV
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 4:42 PMPosted by Smallshrimp

If people are crying about a pure DPS spec being top....LOL
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2010 4:47 PMPosted by Sparklefairy

If people are crying about a pure DPS spec being top....LOL

he's just crying about the fact that it's so ezmode and how you can be #!*#ed up on 10 grams of some chronic and still be able to play to the spec's full potential; it's like he's comparing it to wotlk arcane. I mean, SV isn't remotely hard to play, but it's no where near the simplicity of arcane in wotlk.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
what about on a single target? for boss fights which class and spec?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Definitely there's no answer because of various boss mechanics and melee/range favorings. Right now the high DPS specs are:
Frost Death Knight
Destruction Warlock
Survival Hunter

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/dps/11/0/3

That's a good indicator of whose doing high dps where.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/27/2010 5:34 PMPosted by Troublmaker
Definitely there's no answer because of various boss mechanics and melee/range favorings. Right now the high DPS specs are:
Frost Death Knight
Destruction Warlock
Survival Hunter

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/dps/11/0/3

That's a good indicator of whose doing high dps where.

Ha, just as i thought. Ret are at the bottom of every single fight. That's okay, I've come to terms that Ret isn't so much a dps spec as a raid utility spec right now. Supoorting heals, doing some CC and every once in a while tossing out Salve to help the tanks. I've convinced myself that it's just a more advanced class now instead of how it used to be with a four button attack cycle. Not sure how much truth there is to that but it's the lie I'm using to keep myself happy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]