@ your upcoming changes

85 Blood Elf Paladin
We’re making some additional buffs, such as Pain Suppression and Barkskin, undispellable. Can you please tell us if this includes ret buffs soon....
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962

Retribution, Shadow, and Fire and Frost mage damage might be too low, but we’re still watching them.

Purge and Spellsteal will probably get nerfed.

For example, the Retribution mastery, Hand of Light, is fun, but it doesn’t contribute enough damage. To make it contribute enough damage, the proc would need a very high chance, which then can cause paladins to devalue other sources of Holy Power. Instead, we are redesigning Retribution mastery to add a percentage of the damage of Templar’s Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm as Holy damage (which also plays better with Inqusition). Because Hand of Light is fun, however, we are going to change Divine Purpose as a chance to proc Hand of Light instead of a chance for extra Holy Power (which will also remove a little of the randomness from the rotation).

Censure will no longer break Repentance.

Necrotic Strike needs to be affected by resilience.

“GC, is this the final list of changes? Does this mean I can expect no changes for my class? Does this mean you don’t care about me?”

No. This is some stuff we are looking at so that you’ll have some context if you see changes on a future PTR. The final list of class patch notes for the next patch will doubtless be much longer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm a little nervous that the only mention Sub got was a lack of numbers.

Also, I'm a little nervous that Holy paladins were not mentioned. This means that we will suddenly find that Aura Mastery no longer affects Resistance or Crusader Aura in the middle of the week.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
12/27/2010 7:18 PMPosted by Jantilla
I'm a little nervous that the only mention Sub got was a lack of numbers.

Also, I'm a little nervous that Holy paladins were not mentioned. This means that we will suddenly find that Aura Mastery no longer affects Resistance or Crusader Aura in the middle of the week.

quit worrying
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm asking about rets gimpness in pvp due to one purge etc. Not about it's mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Jubeì
I'm asking about rets gimpness in pvp due to one purge etc. Not about it's mastery.

:3
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Gidgite
quit worrying

Not worrying resulted in a nerf to Light of Dawn and Tower of Radiance. I think I was doing better when I was freaking out over how broken Holy was going to be, not content with where I was.

Damn Holy Light spammers, still screwing up my fun an expansion later.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Jubeì

Copied the entire paragraph for you.

We’re keeping a close eye on dispels. We still like the design of making dispels more of a commitment rather than liberally sprinkling around dispel resistance or consequences for every class. Defensive dispels (removing a debuff) generally feel good, but we think offensive dispels (removing an enemy buff) feel too powerful, especially for DPS specs. In particular, Purge and Spellsteal will probably get nerfed.

They've acknowledged at this point that offensive dispels are still too powerful which means a fix is in store in one of two ways. The first being nerf spellsteal and purge, and the second ofcourse being give dispel protection to classes that are notoriously vulnerable to offensive dispels.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If they are making holy power generation static and slow to gain, the class is going to feel like playing in molasses. 12 seconds to stack 3 holy power now with nothing else procs it. They're going from one really bad game design to another really bad game design. The mastery change is good, the holy power generation change is terrible.

I'm so sick and tired of blizzard ONLY looking at the end raid when doing classes. Inquisition makes paladins weak as can be in heroics. I do 13k on a boss in a heroic, but I do 7-8k on trash. I feel so weak when I play as DPS. They really need to change that aspect if they're re-hauling the ret design.

Make it fun in all aspects, not just consistant raid damage. I don't want to be #1 on dps all the time, I want to have fun and be competitive. Key words HAVE FUN. I don't wanna play a character that feels ridicuously slow - which is what static holy power on a cooldown attack will feel.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 7:21 PMPosted by Sparklefairy
:3
We could be best friends.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 7:55 PMPosted by Lawbringer
If they are making holy power generation static and slow to gain, the class is going to feel like playing in molasses. 12 seconds to stack 3 holy power now with nothing else procs it.

I don't think you quite understand what the changes to divine purpose means.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Judgement and holywrath needs to generate 1 HP, and concescration neeeds to generate HP when targets are in range.
BUT BUT BUT..
Make DS a instant attack with no GCD 3 sec CD like heroic strike. Or better yet make CS like heroic strike and DS like cleave and auto attack generate 1 HP.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 8:01 PMPosted by Cayse
If they are making holy power generation static and slow to gain, the class is going to feel like playing in molasses. 12 seconds to stack 3 holy power now with nothing else procs it.

If I'm reading it correctly, it means our Divine Purpose will proc free TV's instead of 40% chance of HP? I thought the general consensus was that we have too much RNG. Shifting RNG around with RNG is still RNG, it doesn't remove it.

So, only CS will gain Holy Power. So less reason to use fillers like Hw and judgement, and our rotation is going to be more like a Zealotry cooldown, mostly CS and TV depending on how high they make the chance to proc it. O.o So bizarre. Of all of the suggestions made by many players, I don't think I have ever seen this one.

And my worst nightmare with Inquisition is coming true. Instead of fixing a terrible mechanic, they're building the entire spec around using it. I'm hoping that the unmentioned changes includes a rework of Inquisition.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 8:13 PMPosted by Shutchurfase

If I'm reading it correctly, it means our Divine Purpose will proc free TV's instead of 40% chance of HP? I thought the general consensus was that we have too much RNG. Shifting RNG around with RNG is still RNG, it doesn't remove it.

So, only CS will gain Holy Power. So less reason to use fillers like Hw and judgement, and our rotation is going to be more like a Zealotry cooldown, mostly CS and TV depending on how high they make the chance to proc it. O.o So bizarre. Of all of the suggestions made by many players, I don't think I have ever seen this one.

And my worst nightmare with Inquisition is coming true. Instead of fixing a terrible mechanic, they're building the entire spec around using it. I'm hoping that the unmentioned changes includes a rework of Inquisition.

Judgement is a staple of the spec. You won't be skipping it, for any reason.

I can see very good reasons for skipping Holy Wrath (breaking CC, anyone?)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 8:13 PMPosted by Shutchurfase
If I'm reading it correctly, it means our Divine Purpose will proc free TV's instead of 40% chance of HP?

Hand of light isn't a free TV, it's three holy power. Divine purpose changing to proc HoL instead of 1HP is.. well... three holy power. Everything that procs holy power now will still do it. We'll have more holy power. CS will generate one. All our fillers will have a chance to generate three. I can't even come up with a reason why you would not use them.

And it was actually suggested almost in the words on GC's blog post on the DPS forum either yesterday or the day before.

The blog post also specifically says that mastery being changed to adding %holy to CS, DS and TV working better with Inquisition means they're pretty unlikely to change that. It's not hard to keep it up.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is good, although I suspect it will take us even more towards being roguelike - Not using an ability every GCD, taking more into consideration when it comes to lining up certain abilities.

If mastery gives more TV and CS damage, perhaps they will eclipse HoW/Exo and the spec won't feel so darn crazy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
GC's post is awesome. I couldn't ask for more, except for GOATK to not be so stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm agree that they should make pally's spells like wing, Inquisition and Zealotry undispellable for pvp, cuz pally can do some damage only while they have it. Unfortunately almost every class can dispell it. Also pallys need DS back without gcd with CS.
In addition rets doing No damage to plate, we hits warriors twice less than they hit us. And we doing NO damage to Hpallys. Rets need some ability like Colossus Smash, or they should do much more holy damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]