Actual RPers

71 Dwarf Paladin
While this character isn't actually on this server, I do have another character on there (under level 10 currently) and it is somewhat irritating that so many people on RP servers don't actually make any effort to RP. Am I the only one annoyed about this?
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Hunter
No, most deffinately not!

I started on Kirin Tor for that very reason, to role play my character. However, because role play is nearly non-existant, at least the good role play, I have spread to a few different realms. Sadly that seems to be the case with many RP realms, some of the best that remain are WrA and ER, though I have recently found that the guild that Mal here is in, does some pretty good RP on SH. I will say that RP on SH for the most part is dead though.

Most nights you will find me on one of these three realms, I have pretty much given up hope on Kirin Tor.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
It's a pity indeed. KT was once the best RP realm of WoW-US.

Anyways, I am not bothering too much anymore. I'll just hope Blizz will start enforcing their own rules someday and will populate realms tagged as RP only with people who, well, RP. Until then... Marathan here is pretty much alone.

Ah, and I will never transfer out. Paying actual money to get something that should be enforced by the game masters is just not right for me... not that I care too much, these days, I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
There is rp horde side...don't know much about alliance. Our guild is primarily an rp guild first.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There are a few of us on Alliance side who are trying to revive REAL rp. Obsidiana/Creeda has started an RP blog and has a few RP channels so that all of us can keep in touch. There aren't a ton of us in there yet, but you have to start somewhere. Also, I've noticed that there are quite a few people with Deviantart accounts that stay in touch regularly and sometimes we talk about RP related things. Feel free to drop myself or Creeda in-game mail or whispers. I'd love to see RP as a regular thing on our server, and I'd love to see people RP actual stories instead of the soap opera plague that has taken over most of the people that call themselves RPers.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Hunter
What Sinistriel said. Eardstapan pretty consistently has folks running around IC. We're not running any major storylines right now, but that's not all there is to RP . . .
Reply Quote
I agree with Anhaga....it makes me sad when people think that rp is only made of stories and large overwrought plots.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'd rather have overwrought plots than Jersey Shore: Warcraft Edition. I'm looking at you, Goldshire.
Reply Quote
12/29/2010 6:36 PMPosted by Sinistriel
I agree with Anhaga....it makes me sad when people think that rp is only made of stories and large overwrought plots.

I like plot...

I tried WoW rp, and it`s just not the same as lengthy and complicated plots. I`d like to be able to look at a summary of all my rp and feel that some progress was made, or rather, something was done. I don`t wanna log off, and look back and see that I really didn`t do anything other than enjoy coffee and donuts with a few other rpers. Eh...I suppose everyone has their own ideas as to how rp should be.
Reply Quote
Just throwing this here, there are events planned for both factions now where RPers can gather and meet one another, make contacts for future stories/plots and gives a break from normal 'sit and wait' random RP in taverns, perhaps making it more out in the open. Events range from RP Nights, placed in various parts of Azeroth, Open Mic Nights, which are a kind of story night, and Scavenger Hunts and event Markets and Fairs if that is something you are into.

There is a list now for Alliance too, as well as a meeting for you guys on the 2nd of January. I would highly suggest you guys peek in and see what you can help with. As my own schedule is tight, I have posted some I can host on your side of the fence. However, others should host their own events and come up with other ideas to keep the pot stirred up.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
This is what Creeda has been trying to do for some time now. She's tried very very hard with very little response from Alliance, sadly. I think the time for RP is not now since everyone is so caught up in new content and working on raiding with their guilds. It's really hard to draw attention when you have 2 or 3 interested. Honestly, I think it would do some good for Alliance RPers to lie low for a bit until things slow down and then come out of the woodwork. Again, this is why I have MRP and FlagRSP so that I can keep track of RPers that I see. Eventually I will write the names down and send out letters to them all about potential RP plans.

I've also found that people are less likely to show up to dated and timed events because most WoW players are all about "I play on my own time" sorts of things. I'm not saying to stop doing them since I have been to a few amazing ones, but for Alliance they usually fall short.

I miss the days where whole guilds would host balls in Stormwind or put together weddings, birthdays, and various other events and hundreds of people would show up. I can enjoy the meaningless RP, but like Ban said, I want to feel like I accomplished something for my character, not just share two beers with someone I'll likely never RP with again. In my 5 years on Kirin Tor, I can honestly tell you that the tavern RP or the pickup RP never stuck with me. The best ones were where my friends and I actually went somewhere with a purpose, like investigating an area. I've also greatly appreciated people who are exalted with certain factions or who have completed a questline that earns them honor with a lore character to RP that out. Love love love it!
Reply Quote
Did you try to rp on Bananananannanana? I know a few people who would not give the time of day to rp with someone with a name like that. Not trolling just curious if it has been a hindrance?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Rp does indeed Exist. It just won't be everywehere and or anywhere.

That, and witht he Expansion being brand spanking new-less than a month-RP will be on the low-key level with everyone running around with rep and quests and stuff and junk.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Well I RP at night with a couple of peps....but the atmosphere of GS is deteriorating fast.....so im thinking of jetting back to Shadow Council...or a Realm that is highy rated for RPers...(not Moon Guard)
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Death Knight
I usually Roleplay at Goldshire on Wheatley, which is actually pretty fun. Not as bad as most people say it is, really, on most days.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm still not going to give Goldshire any love. I went there for the first time in about 5 months last night and as soon as I entered general chat they were talking about pleasuring themselves and the tactics in which they do it. Not to mention, the first couple I came across near the lake were cybering. Talk about a huge turn off to roleplay. Glad I wasn't new to the server or I'd be tucking tail. (Unfortunately, I did meet someone new to the server in Elwynn and he was highly disturbed)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
01/02/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Calafas
I'm still not going to give Goldshire any love. I went there for the first time in about 5 months last night and as soon as I entered general chat they were talking about pleasuring themselves and the tactics in which they do it. Not to mention, the first couple I came across near the lake were cybering. Talk about a huge turn off to roleplay. Glad I wasn't new to the server or I'd be tucking tail. (Unfortunately, I did meet someone new to the server in Elwynn and he was highly disturbed)
Why is all the interesting stuff happening when I'm not there?!

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I would love, love, LOVE to see more RP on this server again but I know that with the new expansion and a good chunk of people just buggering off to Wyrmrest >_> I still look forward to when everyone gets back into it!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I'd hate to admit it, but I've considered moving to another server myself. I believe all this new content has folks gearing up for new raids, also those who RP do want to level up their guilds (and don't tell me you don't want any guild you're in to hit the big 25), which means questing/dailies/instancing.

Blizz also took away a working inn that was a great RP spot in Brill.

So the question is: WHEN will RP return?

I didn't buy Cata so hopping on any toon will just be doing the same thing over and over again.
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin
The talk along the lines of "Why do people roll a character named Supertank on an RP server and why does Blizzard let them do it?" was all the rage five years ago. I don't understand it because there's no shortage of regular servers and if you think rp is silly, why surround yourself with silliness? But the argument stays the same and gets absolutely no traction. Blizzard is NOT going to enforce their own server rules so arguing over it is pointless. You just have to shrug it off.

I came over from the rp server of Everquest (1) and got all bent out of shape because I was used to a game that had the rp police out in full force. Even they gave it up with EQ2 for whatever reason, and the reason is likely keeping the larger percentage of paying clients happy clients. Face it, how many people would be left on Kirin Tor tomorrow if just the bad names were wiped out today?

I'm not flaming the non-rpers. They confuse me but they are allowed to do that and, according to GMs, I have no say in the matter. I know I confuse them also. They're not bad people, they just go about gaming from a different angle than I do. We have to coexist. So as long as we're peacefully coexisting, they are allowed to run around making bad Chuck Norris jokes while I am allowed to run around talking with a terrible Dwarf accent.

Fighting the non-rpers is meaningless. Giving up is a shame. Trying could be rewarded. If we're in a wasteland, be one of the straggling survivors climbing out of the ashes and building something new.

Side note: I've been around longer than it looks. Gave my first account to my son so he could have a DK when I left WoW for other games and I'm fine with a new start now anyway. Just throwing that in after talking about 'five years ago' while posting with a level 20.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]