Rated BGs Now Award Honor at Conquest Cap

Community Manager
We've recently made a change in an effort to promote continued play in Rated Battlegrounds. Now when a player is at their weekly Conquest cap they will receive the full amount of Honor from kills, objective completions, victories and losses while in a Rated Battleground match. Those not at their cap will continue to earn Conquest normally, and will only earn Honor once they reach their weekly cap.

Whether you’re capped and others on your team aren’t, or you’re all capped and just want to keep playing, we hope this change will allow more flexibility for those participating in Rated Battlegrounds.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I know a great solution to promote continued play. Allow us to queue for rated BG's using the random BG feature as a pug.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
^ exactly.. to many levelers and pve people .. allow pug rated BGs
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Whats the point pugs will get absolutely slaughtered. This will just frustrate pugs.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Do rated bgs award rating or wins yet? I feel thats more important than honor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/29/2010 10:30 AMPosted by Evall
I know a great solution to promote continued play. Allow us to queue for rated BG's using the random BG feature as a pug.

That will just promote botting in Rated BG's.

12/29/2010 11:07 AMPosted by Fabers
Do rated bgs award rating or wins yet? I feel thats more important than honor.

Yes. Rated BG's award rating now, my current rating is 930.

This honor change is very welcome for players who enjoy the challenge of Rated BG's and do not want to spend our time droning around regular BG's just for honor.
Edited by Neme on 12/29/2010 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/29/2010 11:08 AMPosted by Neme
This honor change is very welcome for players who enjoy the challenge of Rated BG's and do not want to spend our time droning around regular BG's just for honor.

Whats not to like? People name calling, deathmatching, not working towards objectives that win the BG, Afk autofollowbots. A great time for all!

/sarcasm

I agree completely. Thanks to this change I will never have to step foot into that cess pit known as unrated bg's again. I and I am sure many others want to pvp with a full group of friends. coordinate strategy and improve. If I never have to see another bot again it will be too soon.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Should have made it so you have to have a group of 5 to que up. That way, 2 groups of 5 would be teamed up on 10v10 weekends, and 3 groups on 15v15, that way its still semi-pug but you know you're with another group of pvpers. Also, each team of 5 should require at least 1 healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Whats the point pugs will get absolutely slaughtered. This will just frustrate pugs.

Duh? Make it pug vs. pug?

That will just promote botting in Rated BG's.

Right now it promotes NOT DOING RATED BGS.

Since it's RNG anyway, just allow it and whoever gets the least dorks, bads and bots will win. Put a "report bot" option in so that GMs can see what characters have the highest amount of reports to watch and potentially ban. (and can also see who is abusing the report bot option).

Edited by Abnobae on 12/29/2010 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/29/2010 12:25 PMPosted by Lodum
No PUG bracket for rated battlegrounds = rated battlegrounds continues to fail on a massive scale.

You guys have the ability to deal with AFK bots, you just don't want to do it.

Bots have grown so complex these days (accepting hardware keyboard commands, for instance), it is pretty much impossible to tell the difference between a well programmed bot and a terrible, keyboard turning player.

12/29/2010 12:52 PMPosted by Abnobae

How's that any different than a normal BG, except rewarding Conquest points?
Edited by Neme on 12/29/2010 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
This is a great change. When we will see the same for those of us who enjoy arenas but not BGs? It is a bit unfortunate that I have to spend weeks grinding BGs which do not entertain me, in order to be competitive in Arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/29/2010 12:53 PMPosted by Neme
No PUG bracket for rated battlegrounds = rated battlegrounds continues to fail on a massive scale.

You guys have the ability to deal with AFK bots, you just don't want to do it.

Bots have grown so complex these days (accepting hardware keyboard commands, for instance), it is pretty much impossible to tell the difference between a well programmed bot and a terrible, keyboard turning player.

You get a rating which can ultimately be used to segregate the playerbase further, just like arena ratings. Did you really need the answer to that? If so, exit the thread.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Can anyone confirm if this has corrected the issue where winning teams are given losses and receiving 0 battleground rating?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You get a rating which can ultimately be used to segregate the playerbase further, just like arena ratings. Did you really need the answer to that? If so, exit the thread.

You seem to imply that in normal BG's, winning correlates to skill. However, it is not the case due to the huge amount of variables in a random BG.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Warlock
So are you saying it gives the same amount of honor as a normal bg? Or is the lump sum of conquest points for a win converted into honor?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
A normal Bg rewards blue gear. If you want conquest points you either form a full team for the 10v10 or 15v15 or you make an arena team. Honestly it is far easier to make a 2 man arena team to cap points for the week than do a rated bg.

Rated is for premades. normal is for pugging. The people in my team are beyond tired of rolling pugs and want real matches. take your 5 people and go join the bot infested normal bg's.

Going into a BG with anything short of a full team opens up the possiblity to having a bot, someone who only wants to deathmatch or yell obscenities at you.

They are all yours now.

Pugs wanted to not get rolled by premades. They got their wish. Sorry that that means you also get more bots but you just can't have everything.

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
This sounds great! Another thing is I would like to see some way to continue play in arena as well. Getting honor in there would be cool.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
12/29/2010 10:07 AMPosted by Bashiok
We've recently made a change in an effort to promote continued play in Rated Battlegrounds.

Really?

If that's the case then please explain to me why we are still receiving losses when we win and never see an increase in our Battleground rating. This has been going on for a week now.
Edited by Iamtytus on 12/29/2010 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]