What do you think of my stats?

85 Dwarf Paladin
So I am fairly new to tanking. But I have successfully completed Heroic BRC, VP, Lost City and Dead Mines. I have no idea what I should be using for Gems and Reforging for if needed.

I have an item level of 338 with 5 pieces of heroic gear.

Stats: (With Kings)
135,383 Health Points
12.31 Mastery
37,919 Armor
12.44% Dodge
14.43% Parry
32.69% Block.

So far I have used some dodge + stam gems. Parry + Stam and just straight up Stam.
Reforged a little bit of the parry to get some more dodge (had parry gems for socket bonuses)

Do these stats seem ok? I have NO clue what my dodge and parry should be at. I know its just heroics but know will also help me with future raid tanking. So if I need to reforge for more of something or gem for something please leave your feedback. Thank you!

~Momo~
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Lol Why does nobody reply to my threads. EVER! hah. This is my third post about something with 0 replies =[.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Chances are your questions have already been answered elsewhere. Being a tank in Wrath personally I just stacked stamina with the single nightmare tear to activate the high stam meta with the % increase to armor value. I've pretty much done the same so far in Cata, with the exception of using the double stam/dodge gems to activate the Cata meta equivalent to the Wrath armor value one. As long as you've achieved that, for the most part, just stack on stamina (at least for now), and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/23/2010 11:27 PMPosted by Momochi
So I am fairly new to tanking. But I have successfully completed Heroic BRC, VP, Lost City and Dead Mines. I have no idea what I should be using for Gems and Reforging for if needed.

I have an item level of 338 with 5 pieces of heroic gear.

Stats: (With Kings)
135,383 Health Points
12.31 Mastery
37,919 Armor
12.44% Dodge
14.43% Parry
32.69% Block.

So far I have used some dodge + stam gems. Parry + Stam and just straight up Stam.
Reforged a little bit of the parry to get some more dodge (had parry gems for socket bonuses)

Do these stats seem ok? I have NO clue what my dodge and parry should be at. I know its just heroics but know will also help me with future raid tanking. So if I need to reforge for more of something or gem for something please leave your feedback. Thank you!

~Momo~

Pretty good. I'd say do not use dodge/parry gems unless you're using the +20 parry & mastery ones, etc. Try to reforge more into mastery as it is the best part about your tanking. These are my current stats, without kings, and I have had no issue yet with heroics or early raiding.

133,151 Health Points
10.26% Dodge
13.52% Parry
38.48% Block
14.68 Mastery
35,453 Armor

Use this macro to find out how close you are to hitting the 102.4% avoidance goal.

Avoidance

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

This is a decent reforging guide but to his their own.

1. Mastery + Dodge/Parry = perfect, don't touch
2. Mastery + Hit/Exp = reforge Hit/Exp into Dodge/Parry, whichever is lower
3. Mastery + Haste/Crit = same as #2, but you'll piss off the DPS rolling on it.
4. Dodge + Parry = reforge more numerous stat into Mastery
5. Dodge/Parry + Hit/Exp = reforge Hit/Exp into Mastery

Edit:
Noticed that you have 525 engineering so you should pick these up immediately as they will be best in slot until later raid gear. The cogwheels make this item even more amazing and are not hard to obtain.

Reinforced Bio-Optic Killshades
Edited by Divinebøvine on 12/24/2010 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Really? the Bio-Optic are good? Just didnt think a head piece with only sockets and Strength - Stam would be the best thing right now.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
And just so Its clear, reforging Hit/Exp? dont i need to be able to hit the bosses? haha :P kinda confused me
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/24/2010 9:21 PMPosted by Momochi
And just so Its clear, reforging Hit/Exp? dont i need to be able to hit the bosses? haha :P kinda confused me

You reforge after the soft cap.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/24/2010 9:14 PMPosted by Momochi
Really? the Bio-Optic are good? Just didnt think a head piece with only sockets and Strength - Stam would be the best thing right now.

Considering the STR/STAM stats are very high and you can insert cogwheels (+208 dodge, parry, mastery, etc) it is a very good piece.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]