Link inside to 5.0 Assassination Guide (PvE)

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Rogue
08/04/2011 07:16 AMPosted by Shillen
man this sounds like a lot of work for a game.

If it's a hobby you enjoy, it's no work at all.
Edited by Rfeann on 8/4/2011 8:12 AM PDT
What is your PoV about ruthless daggers vs 365 and 359?

I just started gathering PvE gear, i will change the enchant for a second landslide tho.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
08/27/2011 11:55 PMPosted by Möh
What is your PoV about ruthless daggers vs 365 and 359?

That's what Shadowcraft is built for: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/
85 Night Elf Rogue
Rewrite is complete, sorry for pulling a GRRM there for a bit.

Also, big thanks to Blizzard for increasing the post cap on this thread, it's very much appreciated. :)

PS: As always, any helpful proofreading is welcome.
Edited by Verelyse on 8/30/2011 2:05 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue
08/28/2011 07:06 PMPosted by Verelyse
Rewrite is complete, sorry for pulling a GRRM there for a bit.

I like you even more now for making that reference.

Given the post cap extension, do you still plan to start a new thread?
85 Night Elf Rogue
Nope, this is it unless at some point in the future I need more space than I have on this one.

I doubt that should be a problem, though.

Although it'd be really great if you could force-refresh the avatar on selected posts. :|
Edited by Verelyse on 8/31/2011 11:19 AM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
So, I could use some help. SC is modeling APS and DMC:H as more or less the same in value. Is it correct, or?
85 Night Elf Rogue
08/31/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Steijin
So, I could use some help. SC is modeling APS and DMC:H as more or less the same in value. Is it correct, or?
Yes, the damage from the DMF:H proc was buffed by 40% in 4.2, so it's strengthened considerably as far as assassination rogues are concerned. Personally I'm showing Ancient Petrified Seed ahead by 39.0 DPS, but they're definitely very close.
50 Night Elf Druid
recuperate isnt viable right
85 Night Elf Rogue
09/02/2011 01:53 AMPosted by Iife
recuperate isnt viable right
Correct, it is not. Recuperate is a massive DPS loss for assassination.
85 Orc Rogue
As a new rogue, i would like to thank you sincerely for the write-up. I had the general idea of priority from skimming around, but this has helped me substantially and created an overall DPS increase for me, as well as a fun factor increase.
85 Night Elf Rogue
09/08/2011 08:39 PMPosted by Hatedrouge
As a new rogue, i would like to thank you sincerely for the write-up. I had the general idea of priority from skimming around, but this has helped me substantially and created an overall DPS increase for me, as well as a fun factor increase.
I'm glad! :)

I also hope people will speak up if anything's confusing, I'm always looking to improve this when I have time.
80 Orc Shaman
V. Rotation
Single-Target:

[ul]Opening: Begin with garrote, or mutilate if garrote isn't possible (feel free to sprint into position). Get rupture and slice and dice up as immediately as possible, then build up into 4-5 combo-point envenoms. Always attempt to begin a fight from stealth, because of the overkill buff. Example:

Garrote > Rupture > Mutilate > Slice and Dice > Etc.

The underlined mutilate can be skipped if you get a combo-point from rupture from a ruthlessness proc to start slice and dice. This is the most efficient opening for assassination rogues, both in terms of energy, damage, and GCDs. After this, the rotation becomes a simple priority system.

I have a question regarding this. Wouldn't it be just slightly better to open with:

Garrote > SnD > Mutilate > Rupture > etc.?

Reason being is that for sure I will only waste 1 point on SnD in this opening, where as if Ruthless doesn't proc on your opening for the 1 point SnD, you basically have to waste 2-3 points from the Mutilate on it.

Now I see the other side as well, where you do get ruthlessness to proc, and thus you have a chance of getting venemous wounds going, but that's also hoping for Deadly Poison to apply withing the first 1-2 hits of the offhand, which happens more often than not, but not always.

Also with your opening, rupture is just a 1 point rupture, only lasting 16 sec vs 20, and doing less damage. I realize its only up for venemous really, but its still some dps loss as well.

I'm just thinking overall its probably safer and overall maybe a slight dps gain to go SnD second, unless you already have it up from a previous fight.

Also, another question. Say I do either of those openings, and I've got a bit of time up on my rupture, and am sitting at 4-5 combo points, but my DP stack on the target is only 1-3 due to bad luck. Is it ok to envenom at that point, or should I evis instead?
85 Night Elf Rogue
I have a question regarding this. Wouldn't it be just slightly better to open with:

Garrote > SnD > Mutilate > Rupture > etc.?

Reason being is that for sure I will only waste 1 point on SnD in this opening, where as if Ruthless doesn't proc on your opening for the 1 point SnD, you basically have to waste 2-3 points from the Mutilate on it.

Now I see the other side as well, where you do get ruthlessness to proc, and thus you have a chance of getting venemous wounds going, but that's also hoping for Deadly Poison to apply withing the first 1-2 hits of the offhand, which happens more often than not, but not always.

Also with your opening, rupture is just a 1 point rupture, only lasting 16 sec vs 20, and doing less damage. I realize its only up for venemous really, but its still some dps loss as well.

I'm just thinking overall its probably safer and overall maybe a slight dps gain to go SnD second, unless you already have it up from a previous fight.
The most significant problem is that an 8-9 second SnD isn't long enough for your opening rotation, you risk being forced to use a 2-3 point envenom or let it drop, and you don't have time to let DP stack to 5 if RNG is messing with you. It's just too short a time-table to optimize your opening, if SnD had a few more seconds on it I believe the opening you described would be ideal.

Anecdotally, I also think it flows smoother, but that might just be due to familiarity.

09/14/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Om
Also, another question. Say I do either of those openings, and I've got a bit of time up on my rupture, and am sitting at 4-5 combo points, but my DP stack on the target is only 1-3 due to bad luck. Is it ok to envenom at that point, or should I evis instead?
Wait a few seconds if you can do so without energy capping or dropping SnD, but in the end envenom. Direct damage from it will be lessened, but you'll still get the envenom buff which is also a significant source of damage and one of the main reasons we use that ability to begin with.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wondering if Direbrew's Bloodied Shanker would be good for MH Mutilate PvE.

I heard slow MH daggers are great, but it's usually comparing 1.8 to 1.4.
Now that direbrew's bloodied shanker is 2.0, would it actually be an upgrade over 353s, 359s or even other 365s(if it exist).
85 Night Elf Rogue
I was wondering if Direbrew's Bloodied Shanker would be good for MH Mutilate PvE.

I heard slow MH daggers are great, but it's usually comparing 1.8 to 1.4.
Now that direbrew's bloodied shanker is 2.0, would it actually be an upgrade over 353s, 359s or even other 365s(if it exist).

For me it's nearly on par with regular Firelands mainhand daggers (378s).

Check http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to be sure though.
Edited by Verelyse on 9/24/2011 8:34 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/24/2011 08:34 AMPosted by Verelyse
http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

Thanks.
I've tried that link,
Direbrew's Bloodied Shanker is at the bottom of the list, with 0.0 base.
And the total weights(?) is 15.2.

Not sure if it's a bug or shadowcraft hasn't updated it yet.
85 Night Elf Rogue
http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

Thanks.
I've tried that link,
Direbrew's Bloodied Shanker is at the bottom of the list, with 0.0 base.
And the total weights(?) is 15.2.

Not sure if it's a bug or shadowcraft hasn't updated it yet.

Equip it on ShadowCraft, redo reforgings, and see what the DPS chart says compared to before.
Edited by Verelyse on 9/24/2011 10:24 AM PDT
85 Undead Rogue
Are the trink values correct?

EJ stated Tia's Grace higher ep than Darkmoon Card: Hurricane also Ricket's Magnetic Fireball(from FL daily vendor) pulls alittle ahead.
85 Night Elf Rogue
Are the trink values correct?

EJ stated Tia's Grace higher ep than Darkmoon Card: Hurricane also Ricket's Magnetic Fireball(from FL daily vendor) pulls alittle ahead.
The trinket list I have is based on a 359 ilvl, EJ's should be based on BiS T12. The values of different stats have changed slightly on the way up, so there will be differences. Both lists are estimates, though; you should use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to see what's right for you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]