Horde in TB

85 Night Elf Druid
I dont usually give the enemy credit, but it is good to see you coming back out in more numbers again in there. First few times in after taking it it was usually 7 on 7 or 10 on 10. But when the Horde had it it was always 40 on 40.

Obviously winners like to keep playing but alliance never quit trying to go inthere and take, which finally happened due to some ingenious plan.

But with that being said it was good to see bigger numbers in there today, and the different approaches you are taking to try and win on attack, which really is almost impossible. But there is at least one way to do it, and I think another. But cant tell you because we might need to use them if somehow some really clueless people get in there and lose it.

I really like the camping of the GY, under a certain situation might work. But not the one this morning.

But keep trying, not many attackers anywhere have taken that place so doing it is a pretty big deal. But you were close a couple times the past couple days, so with the right group in there you might be able to get it. Dont really want you to, but if you do I think we can get it back again. Just to show the whiners on the main forums that it can be done.

Either way more than likely some sort of fix will be coming eventually. But until then I will queue up and hopefully get in and get my few points of honor and my 250 rep.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
The only way to lose TB is for the defending side to be retarded, I don't see how winning it is news.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Horde took it last night and we took it back just now, so it isnt impossible to win on the attacking side. Just need to have a decent enough number of people so that enough will listen. And have a decent strat. I heard what horde did, was pretty clever. But with more people it probably wouldnt work, but 5 on 5 attack has a very good chance to take the place back.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Paladin
With the hotfix that the attacking team gets 1800 honor vs 180, the smart thing to do would be neither side defend.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2010 11:22 AMPosted by Praiseallah
With the hotfix that the attacking team gets 1800 honor vs 180, the smart thing to do would be neither side defend.

Thats what some people are saying, but you cant get all the rep quests done in there in one spawn, so the rep is probably more important than the honor points.\

Most people that PvP already have more HP than they can spend it on already.

Have to wait and see what happens, i havent tried to get in today so not really sure how people are approaching it. But it will definitely split up the sides, half will try, half won,t. Some peopel will want rep quests while others will want honor points. since there is no guarantee of getting in in the first place that will be the factor that will make people choose whatever they choose.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't care what you think about missing a bit of rep but TOL BARAD WIN CONSPIRACY GO!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
12/29/2010 3:36 AMPosted by Triticale
I don't care what you think about missing a bit of rep but TOL BARAD WIN CONSPIRACY GO!

Lets do it. All the other realms are. 1800 honor? yes please
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
LOL wanna be PvPers I guess. Honor points are useless for the most part, spend a few days doing BGs or even a weekend (when they start giving double honor again) and you have more HP than you can spend.

But that is the thing about this game and the attitude it brings, PvP gear is basically only good for PvP, because you cant forge resilience off it so every thing you get that is PvP has a useless PvE stat to it.

And if youre looking to do arenas then honor points gear is almost a useless stepping stone because if youre any good the rated gear comes just as easily. But once again the arena gear is only good for PvP for the most part. And once you get all the gear then what? Most peopel PvP for the gear, which is the irony because once they get all the gear they need most stop, making the gear they got basically useless.

Doesnt matter I guess, but people tradingit back and forth are going to lose dailies in there if that is the road they go, and like I said not everyone gets in ebery BG so you have to hope you get enough peopel not trying to make attacking it worth your while.

But this is always the losers approach to things most people cant do something so they find an excuse to make to make it easy.

Alliance lost TB yesterday morning, and we went in and got it back this morning. So there really was no need for anyone to give it to us we took it. And we went back in again and defended it. Not sure what happened after that I got the dailies done I needed, but if it is red tomorrow I am sure we will take it again. Thats just how it goes. get a group together that can listen and do what they are supposed to and winning on attack isnt that hard. not nearly as impossible as people think it is. Considering I have done that map maybe 50 times now and only lost one time (failed to get the cap on attack in a 40 on 40 when I got there with 9 minutes left) I think I have it figured out, as do the people who get in there in the mornings before it is a wasteland of idiocy.

So do what you want in your 40 on 40 zergs I will get in and do my stuff when the getting is good. I have 100 marks and about 6K to go to exalted so a couple days for rep and 5 or so for the commendations for the dragon mount then I wont worry too much about it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

12/29/2010 8:38 PMPosted by Rodarin
LOL wanna be PvPers I guess. Honor points are useless for the most part, spend a few days doing BGs or even a weekend (when they start giving double honor again) and you have more HP than you can spend.

But that is the thing about this game and the attitude it brings, PvP gear is basically only good for PvP, because you cant forge resilience off it so every thing you get that is PvP has a useless PvE stat to it.

And if youre looking to do arenas then honor points gear is almost a useless stepping stone because if youre any good the rated gear comes just as easily. But once again the arena gear is only good for PvP for the most part. And once you get all the gear then what? Most peopel PvP for the gear, which is the irony because once they get all the gear they need most stop, making the gear they got basically useless.

Doesnt matter I guess, but people tradingit back and forth are going to lose dailies in there if that is the road they go, and like I said not everyone gets in ebery BG so you have to hope you get enough peopel not trying to make attacking it worth your while.

But this is always the losers approach to things most people cant do something so they find an excuse to make to make it easy.

Alliance lost TB yesterday morning, and we went in and got it back this morning. So there really was no need for anyone to give it to us we took it. And we went back in again and defended it. Not sure what happened after that I got the dailies done I needed, but if it is red tomorrow I am sure we will take it again. Thats just how it goes. get a group together that can listen and do what they are supposed to and winning on attack isnt that hard. not nearly as impossible as people think it is. Considering I have done that map maybe 50 times now and only lost one time (failed to get the cap on attack in a 40 on 40 when I got there with 9 minutes left) I think I have it figured out, as do the people who get in there in the mornings before it is a wasteland of idiocy.

So do what you want in your 40 on 40 zergs I will get in and do my stuff when the getting is good. I have 100 marks and about 6K to go to exalted so a couple days for rep and 5 or so for the commendations for the dragon mount then I wont worry too much about it.

u mad.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
HB
i support win trading tol barad
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
No SPeke Good Engrish.......Wins Trades All Very good Longg tyme !!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
LOL wanna be PvPers I guess. Honor points are useless for the most part. . . .

Yeah, because by win-trading Tol Barad and getting 1,800 honor every other time is to be scoffed at? Show me another BG where I can get, on average, 900 honor for 30 minutes, and then I will proudly be a Loser Who Can't Win BG's Yet Who Wants Honor Points That Are Useless.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
well since TB is open 24-7 now and controlling it just gives you access to the NPCs then I guess there is zero incentive even fighting for it or defending it. Just log in every 5 hours and get your dailies done.

Blizzard really is getting sloppy, lazy, or both. They might as well give people all the honor gear they want, and make everyone exalted with the TB faction and give them all the stuff the quartermaster has.

But I am sure they knew what they were doing. They were making it 'fair'. But why go through the bother, just have 2 camps in there like on the peninsula and give out the 12 or so quests all the time. Why pretend? It would be the same thing except it wouldnt have the NPcs on a 2.5 hour timer.

Either way that map is a complete waste of resources now. if you want honor I guess you queue for attack, and hope you get in, but hell why not get a global "who needs honor' channel going and then let people pick and chose who goes in. If you dont want or need the honor you dont sign up wait at the bridge for 5 minutes walk in and do your dailies.

I went in and defended it but we lost obviously 9didnt even leave the spawn point) but I didnt even get a commendation, so I guess losers dont get those now either, not sure if winners still get 3 or not. So I suppose on top of the honor 3 commendations might give some people incentive to attack since they know theyre going to win anyway.

But in the long run commendations are meaningless as well youre guaranteed your 18 dailies now assuming you can log on at the right times when the new NPCs spawn, but in the least youre going to get 12-15 pretty easilly.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/30/2010 12:31 PMPosted by Rodarin
well since TB is open 24-7 now and controlling it just gives you access to the NPCs then I guess there is zero incentive even fighting for it or defending it. Just log in every 5 hours and get your dailies done.

Blizzard really is getting sloppy, lazy, or both. They might as well give people all the honor gear they want, and make everyone exalted with the TB faction and give them all the stuff the quartermaster has.

But I am sure they knew what they were doing. They were making it 'fair'. But why go through the bother, just have 2 camps in there like on the peninsula and give out the 12 or so quests all the time. Why pretend? It would be the same thing except it wouldnt have the NPcs on a 2.5 hour timer.

Either way that map is a complete waste of resources now. if you want honor I guess you queue for attack, and hope you get in, but hell why not get a global "who needs honor' channel going and then let people pick and chose who goes in. If you dont want or need the honor you dont sign up wait at the bridge for 5 minutes walk in and do your dailies.

I went in and defended it but we lost obviously 9didnt even leave the spawn point) but I didnt even get a commendation, so I guess losers dont get those now either, not sure if winners still get 3 or not. So I suppose on top of the honor 3 commendations might give some people incentive to attack since they know theyre going to win anyway.

But in the long run commendations are meaningless as well youre guaranteed your 18 dailies now assuming you can log on at the right times when the new NPCs spawn, but in the least youre going to get 12-15 pretty easilly.

It's ok, it's just a game. Close your eyes, think happy thoughts.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
well the horde can thank blizzard for all their rep stuff from there I suppose. alliance, we lose a few commendations here and there so no biggie I guess. Since there isnt really any server world PvP having horde geared up isnt that big a deal I suppose in the grand scheme.

Although I wouldnt mind getting a few extra commendations again, only need 75 for the dragon, so at only 18 a day now thats 4days and a little bit, so an extra day of dailies in there basically. Because if we owned it and kept wining it thats 3 commendations per win.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
So if we let you win nonstop till you get your commendations you will shut up and quit whining?

I'm totally up for that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
"hehe" funny goblin
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Rodarin, you are an example of what is very wrong with the game right now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Triticale

what someone that doesnt have to or want to exploit something to gain an advantage? Nah, that is basically what everyone wants out of this game right now. They have already dumbed it down to the point of stupidity as it is.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
01/03/2011 9:08 PMPosted by Triticale

QFT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]