take TV of the GCD

85 Human Paladin
just a thought to smooth things out for rets so were not fighting our procs....kinda like heroic strike and maul. any thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Its not like it would help. We couldn't macro it to anything or it'd always go off at 1 hp. It would be nice if hp abilities only worked on the 3 hp (as thats the only time they're ever used anyway), then taking it off the gcd would be great.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wasn't thinking about macros, just the ability to dump TV on 3 holy/ mastery proc with out fighing for globals for your other abilitys...nothing i hate more than getting a AoW proc and a HoL proc and while waiting for the GCD after the AoW getting another HoL proc...in effect loseing a TV.

Edit. (can't spell) ;)
Edited by Ångel on 12/25/2010 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2010 12:01 AMPosted by Ångel
Wasn't thinking about macros, just the ability to dump TV on 3 holy/ mastery proc with out fighing for globals for your other abilitys...nothing i hate more than getting a AoW proc and a HoL proc and while waiting for the GCD after the AoW getting another HoL proc...in effect loseing a TV.

Edit. (can't spell) ;)

even though hol doesnt last for long (really, i cant wait for our mastery to change, cause one of the main problems is hol is so short) it still is long enough where youll be able to hit tv and get it before the buff is gone. you know, if you're paying attention, which you have to completely for ret atm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Sounds funny

* = Proc of HoPo
During Zealotry....

TV(3)-CS-TV(3)-*TV(1)-CS-TV(3)-*TV(1)-CS etc etc

Nice little quick strikes in there would be quite cool. Wouldn't be devastating to an enemy but, awesome none the less.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 12:04 AMPosted by Ðexter
even though hol doesnt last for long (really, i cant wait for our mastery to change, cause one of the main problems is hol is so short) it still is long enough where youll be able to hit tv and get it before the buff is gone. you know, if you're paying attention, which you have to completely for ret atm.

K, then let HoL and AoW procs stack so you can't lose procs...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2010 12:10 AMPosted by Ångel

K, then let HoL and AoW procs stack so you can't lose procs...

sorry, im not really sure what you mean by let them stack. you can already have both buffs at once thanks to amazarng
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
stack as in if hol procs but you can't fire it off before your next auto attack that happens to proc hol again you would gain Holx2 instead of it overwriting the buff so when you can free up a global you can drop your TV's in succession.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
heroic strike and maul are rage dumps

TV is a finisher

does not compute
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2010 12:22 AMPosted by Ångel
stack as in if hol procs but you can't fire it off before your next auto attack that happens to proc hol again you would gain Holx2 instead of it overwriting the buff so when you can free up a global you can drop your TV's in succession.

im pretty sure hol does stack atm. ive had many times where i could hit multiple tv's off
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 12:55 AMPosted by Ðexter
im pretty sure hol does stack atm. ive had many times where i could hit multiple tv's off

hmm if so i bow my noobish head ;) i'll have to keep an eye on it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2010 1:01 AMPosted by Ångel

hmm if so i bow my noobish head ;) i'll have to keep an eye on it.

i might be wrong, im just saying thats what ive seen so far. and quite frankly its annoying cause i never know how many times i need to press the button
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 1:07 AMPosted by Ðexter
i might be wrong, im just saying thats what ive seen so far. and quite frankly its annoying cause i never know how many times i need to press the button

lol these days i tend to tunnel vision on CLCret. "Hey guys here the new ret format...its more exciting!" Yippie now i Have to use a Addon to be able to play my class... Some are more pro than others..and i am not the best but trying to track everything with out CLCret is..for me almost impossible.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ive been using clcret since wrath. but, as its not a fortune teller, it still has trouble with procs as they jump straight to ACTIVATE NOW! instead of the in que spot....it was kinda fun back with the ds cd reset, but not when all of my spells do this sh&t.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just checked it out HoL 7 sec duration does not stack just refreshes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't know if taking TV off the Global would be a terrific idea but Inquisition should definitely be off the gcd. With a longer baseline duration to boot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/25/2010 12:55 AMPosted by Ðexter

It definitely does not stack. However, if you have 3 HoPo at the same time as a HoL proc you can fire off 2 TVs in a row, and sometimes you'll get HoL procs back to back and be able to use TV 3 or more times one after the other.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
NI
Remember in vanila when all paladins had to do when dealing damage was apply a seal, ret aura, autoattack, consecrate and judge?

Hmmm back then judgement was off the GCD, I sure am glad for that, that rotation was so hard to manage.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/25/2010 12:41 AMPosted by Gidgite
heroic strike and maul are rage dumps

TV is a finisher

does not compute

TV hits like a rage dump tho. :/
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
12/25/2010 9:38 AMPosted by Luminant

TV hits like a rage dump tho. :/

that's because it's broken right now

ret is flooded with HP right now, TV was nerfed to because of it.

HoL needs to go.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]