rupture

100 Troll Rogue
is there anypoint to this ability?

just did some tests on a target dummy without trinks on to make sure it was pretty accurate.

a 5pt rupture will do about 8k damage with the hemo buff up.

Thats rediculous, a crit backstab does more than a 5 pt rupture.

So is there any point to using this ability in pvp anymore? for things other than venomous wounds and to keep rogues from popping stealth I mean.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Venomous Wounds is all I see. So far, stacking mastery like a retard and getting mad Venomous Wounds procs sounds funny.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Rogue
So much for "we want all abilities to be interesting" or whatever goal they had with cata. I think they forgot about rupture. One of the most useless abilities ingame now.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Use it in pvp against high armor targets, it does more than you think.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Rogue
12/25/2010 9:02 AMPosted by Bodygrinder

No.....it doesn't.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
12/25/2010 8:53 AMPosted by Redfang
just did some tests on a target dummy

I stopped reading here.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/25/2010 10:04 AMPosted by Max
just did some tests on a target dummy

I stopped reading here.

damage for non armor based abilities is equal on everyone, target dummy doesnt matter.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Honestly it should be an embarrassment for the revs that the ability has been so bad for so long.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
rupture is balanced damage right now........

...for level 70
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
12/25/2010 1:58 PMPosted by Cihlardr
Honestly it should be an embarrassment for the revs that the ability has been so bad for so long.

I love you Cihlardr. Always so calm and open to everything about balance in this game.

rupture is balanced damage right now........

...for level 70

I lol'd. But it's so true T_T

There's a reason my rogue is still 80 after being my main from mid vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Devs forgot to scale it to 85, along with wound poison.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/25/2010 8:57 AMPosted by Stoutfist
Venomous Wounds is all I see. So far, stacking mastery like a retard and getting mad Venomous Wounds procs sounds funny.

... He was typing about Subtlety.

12/25/2010 9:02 AMPosted by Bodygrinder

It does less than I think, actually.

12/25/2010 9:54 AMPosted by Minotaurum
Only Mut Rogues use Rupture.

And it's not because of Rupture.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
12/25/2010 1:58 PMPosted by Cihlardr

I know I have said this before, but I swear they are reluctant to buff rupture because they want ferals to be the "bleed" spec. I am not condoning that philosophy, but it is pretty obviously the case. They went to great lengths to get rogues to use rupture without buffing the ability itself.

Personally I am thankful for the effort, as using rupture makes the rotation for assassination sooo much more enjoyable.... but it did make me raise an eyebrow.
Edited by Brochaidomus on 12/25/2010 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
HHonestly I would rather have sub been about armor pen through shadow damage than bleeds to draw it away from feral theme. That is no longer really an option sadly.

Its silly that rupture is so bad regardless of dev concern about similarities to feral. Even something Like backstab being bleed (aka 100% arpen ) based on ruptured targets. Would go a long way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think so. On plate at least. It's funny seeing rupture tick for 1k and rip tick for 4.5k...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]