Help!, I've lost my authenticator

87 Tauren Death Knight
so, I've used this physical keyring authenticator for a while now, but, saddly, I lost it today

there really isn't any option other than the account recovery tool which list several "hacking" options including "There is an authenticator attached to the account, but I didn’t attach one", but there really isn't any other option that list "i've lost my authenticator"

is it safe to use the account recovery tool for lost authenticators?, I used it and, among other steps I changed my Battle.net password, my Email password, etc etc, now I'm supossedly in the last recovery step, they say they will investigate my account for lost charaters among other things

but I haven't been hacked at all, never lost a character, all I did was lost my authenticator, that's all, how much time will it take so they can remove my authenticator and I can play again?

I'm planning on using the android authenticator since I don't have any physical one anymore, I'm posting on this character since I haven't refreshed my cookies and I can still post in these forums

please, don't tell me to call any number, here in my country I can't literally call to other countries since my government and phone company won't allow it, I can't either use skype or other related tools

all I want it's for my authenticator to be removed, how much time would it take on these holidays?

any help provided would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for anything
Edited by Aurgelmirr on 12/25/2010 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm afraid the Account Recovery web form is not meant to assist with the issue you are experiencing, Aurgelmirr. It is only capable of removing exploitatively added authenticators.

Our Billing & Account Services department would be the ones to contact for assistance with this issue. While phone is usually the best way, as this does not appear to be an option for you, there are other methods of contact listed below. It may take some time for a response (generally a day or two), but they will endeavor to assist you as quickly as possible.

Billing and Account Services
Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Standard Time

How to contact:
Phone: 1-800-592-5499
Australia: 1-800-041-378
Chile: 1230-020-5554
Mexico: 001-888-578-7628
Argentina: 0800-333-0778

E-mail: billing@blizzard.com
Web form: http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Death Knight
oh, then will I get punishment from blizzard if I actually used the account recovery tool?, I didn't actually know that it couldn't be used to remove lost authenticators......., another thing it's that when I use that webform I don't know which option to choose?, should I choose hacking?, payment?, other?, whenever I choose the security option it directs me to the account recovery tool which doesn't help me at all

again, please don't list calling numbers, I don't live in any of those countries, I'm from venezuela, and here in venezuela I cannot make phone calls to any other country at all

thanks again in advance for any help provided
Edited by Aurgelmirr on 12/25/2010 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You won't be punished for submitting the form, but you'll likely receive a response along the lines of "We looked at your account and you were not compromised." >^.^< Honest mistake!

With the Billing web form, I would advise selecting "other" and then describing your issue in full. That should be sufficient!
Edited by Nevalistis on 12/25/2010 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I am having the same issue but I was useing an iPhone authenticator and my son (4years old) deleted the app off my phone. I just figured this out 20 mins ago. I have the original serial number but there is no way to input that to the new installation on the app. So I have to now wait till Monday and wait on hold for god knows how long just to play again? I was getting board with wow as it was maybe it's just time to unsub.
Edited by Dunlock on 12/25/2010 11:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Death Knight
oh well, I just sent the form with the "other" option and the title "lost authenticator"

thank for all your help and well, guess I'll have to wait :(

thankfully I have an android and I can imput the digital authenticator so my account won't get compromise at any moment
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
ok totally off topic, but Nevalisits your avatar is just made of win
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I feel your pain Aurgelmirr, i just went through the same thing except that i actually "thought" my account might be hacked when i couldn't log into it so i used that same form but didn't know what to select. I'm still waiting to hear back from Blizz, but i think the problem was that i simply got a new phone and downloaded the authenticator app when i already had a hadeware version of it, so the account somehow added the 2nd one but looked for the code for the 1st one (confusing i know)... point being... Battle.net net really needs to remake that website so people understand excactly when to do in these cases... right now it's only set up for account theft!
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
01/29/2011 1:22 AMPosted by Odinar
I feel your pain Aurgelmirr, i just went through the same thing except that i actually "thought" my account might be hacked when i couldn't log into it so i used that same form but didn't know what to select. I'm still waiting to hear back from Blizz, but i think the problem was that i simply got a new phone and downloaded the authenticator app when i already had a hadeware version of it, so the account somehow added the 2nd one but looked for the code for the 1st one (confusing i know)... point being... Battle.net net really needs to remake that website so people understand excactly when to do in these cases... right now it's only set up for account theft!

There is no way the authenticators got switched, if you were using the mobile authenticator originally on your old phone, then a new mobile authenticator was created on your new phone. if the physical authenticator was attached then it would still work regardless of what happen to your phones.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Please don't necro threads
Reply Quote
Last night I got disconnected and when I logged back on....
NO AUTHENTICATOR!!!
I'm really PISSED! :>( GRRRRR!!!!
I have been hacked before and I WILL DEFINITELY drop blizzard if I get hacked again.
So NOW! I wait all effn weeked to straighten it out and hope I don't get hacked, in the mean time.
YOU WILL NOT be properly compensated from Blizzard if you get hacked!
First the hacker screws ya then Blizzard scews you again and they are SOOO very nice about it.
And it it soooo very convient that this kinda crap only happens on a friggen' WEEKEND!!!
Edited by Mcazmod on 6/18/2011 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Old threads need to stay dead, dont revive them please. Also masking profanity is not recommended as that's against the forum CoC.

It could be Mcazmod, that your expieriencing the new change. Check this out:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529793

Please provide any feedback regarding this change here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674990905
Edited by Drexar on 6/18/2011 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]