Pvp gear

Hi,

I'm a ret pally about to hit 85 later today. I have about 2700 honor points saved up... what's the best pvp gear for me now in Cata? And whereabouts can I buy it?

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Grats on 85 and all your honor! I'm so jealous of you right now. I had 2500 honor last week, but I decided to go for the tabard achievement, thinking I could just vendor the Stormpike tabard back after I equipped it.....NOPE you can't so I lost out on 2000+ honor that I saved before Cata (I fail I know. I laughed then I cried) Honor gains are so small now it's gonna be such a pain trying to gear up.

As for your question, I hear it's actually better to just run rated BGs and Arena to get the higher tier pvp gear. It's faster to gear up that way. But you need to spend that honor I guess so the usual strength stuff will do. As for where you get it I dunno.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2010 8:20 AMPosted by Lhuth
Hi,

I'm a ret pally about to hit 85 later today. I have about 2700 honor points saved up... what's the best pvp gear for me now in Cata? And whereabouts can I buy it?

Thank you

You buy PVP gear from the same vendors in your capital city as pre-Cata. Ask anyone in-game.

Excerpt from a post on my blog:
http://taugrim.com/2010/12/20/wow-cataclysm-protection-paladin-pvp-first-take/
Here are a few suggestions for gearing up quickly:

1. When you ding 85, definitely buy the crafted Bloodied Pyrium offset belt, bracers, and boots. The Honor pieces are slightly higher iLevel, but there is no set bonus for the offset pieces. Moreover, the crafted pieces have a lot of Hit rating, which is necessary to get to the 5% Hit cap
2. Get to 2/5 and then 4/5 Scaled set as soon as possible. The 2/5 set bonus includes 400 Resilience and 70 Str, and the 4/5 bonus includes the Judgement cooldown reduction (huge, see below) and 180 Str
3. As you are saving up Honor and Conqueror points for an expensive upgrade, rent gear upgrades and then return them before the 2h expiration. E.g. I’m saving up for the Scaled legs which cost 2200 Honor, so once I had 1250 Honor saved up I bought the blue ring to use, and once I earn another 950 Honor I’ll return the ring to buy the legs. Ditto for the Conqueror shield
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]