Current Enchants for Hunters

81 Human Priest
AHH
Is there any reason all the old WOTLK agility enchants for cloak, gloves ( and attack power to bracers) are all better than the new crit / mastery enchants we have now? Femaledwarf shows these enchants to all be better than the terrible new Cata enchants.

Also, the old relentless meta is better than the new chaotic meta (the requirements still suck).

Lastly, leatherworking is so ridiculously far ahead of other professions for hunters ( 130 agi vs 50 crit is a joke) it is not close to balanced.

I'm not sure this is the case for other agi classes ( Rogues, ferals, enhance shammies) but it definitely makes my hunter sad.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Reason? Because they overestimated how liked mastery would be for hunters, and because crit scales terribly at 85.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
It's cause SV scales so well with agility. Take a look into it and you'll see why.
Reply Quote
12/26/2010 6:28 PMPosted by Spärt
It's cause SV scales so well with agility. Take a look into it and you'll see why.

Hell the bonuses from specialization alone...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
and the armor spec, and HP. 22% of extra agility.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
12/26/2010 6:27 PMPosted by Rocknrófl
Mastery is rather good for MM hunters, but the thing is MM hunters blow.... so....

Good yes. Is there enough mastery to get to decent chances for a second shot yet? not really. And as you said, Marks has fallen on hard times.

Thing is, Marks wasn't that great until ToC/ICC when enough ArP was available to prop up Marks (and combat) to be very good. Once that removed, they (and warriors) came crashing back down. I somehow doubt mastery will do the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Its not just hunters its most agi classes (and it would be str and int classes too if there had been equivalent str and int enchants in wrath). By massively increasing the ratings per percent for rating stats Blizz devalued rating stats compared to primary stats to a huge degree.

As for leatherworking, yeah its a lot better but really it isn't that huge or a problem, yes it should probably be nerfed down but I very much doubt most people will be dropping another perfectly good crafting prof for it its a 100-150 dps at best. The reason it jumps out as so much of a problem is because there are a lot of people looking to reroll now that their current profession is borderline useless (eng for all non casters). If eng was still competitive (seriously just give us synapse springs that work with highest primary stat) you wouldn't see that many people with crafting professions rerolling and the lwing bonus while certainly nice wouldn't be that groundbreaking.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 4:38 AMPosted by Rocknrófl
MM will come back up when people have more gear, and people can get bigger guns, and enough mastery to get ~50% chance.

I doubt it. Highly.

There's tons of other issues with Marksmanship that just make Mastery unable to compensate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/27/2010 1:34 AMPosted by Fierydemise
As for leatherworking, yeah its a lot better but really it isn't that huge or a problem, yes it should probably be nerfed down but I very much doubt most people will be dropping another perfectly good crafting prof for it its a 100-150 dps at best.

Leatherworking has to compete against the bracer enchants. If they were to introduce 50 agil, str or int bracer enchants the value goes down to other professions. Right now leatherworking is balanced to an advantage against secondary stats and skinning is balanced to a disadvantage against primary stats.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 9:57 AMPosted by Delus
As for leatherworking, yeah its a lot better but really it isn't that huge or a problem, yes it should probably be nerfed down but I very much doubt most people will be dropping another perfectly good crafting prof for it its a 100-150 dps at best.

Leatherworking has to compete against the bracer enchants. If they were to introduce 50 agil, str or int bracer enchants the value goes down to other professions. Right now leatherworking is balanced to an advantage against secondary stats and skinning is balanced to a disadvantage against primary stats.

I think the issue is more that the agility to gloves and cloak have no cata equivalents. That being said, agility classes are in a pretty good place right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]