Zealotry + Ret Mastery (Ret thread #89233)

90 Human Paladin
Blizzard has already stated that they want to look at our mastery. Just turn it into a passive bonus of some sort already. One suggestion I liked was bringing back Righteous Vengeance as mastery. If you do that, please also give us a Repentance glyph to remove dots.

Now, change Zealotry to proc Hand of Light instead of giving us a full holy power bar. This way you can do CS --> TV --> Filler during Zealotry and continue repeating without losing the holy power generated by the filler. You'll either get an extra TV in there somewhere, or at least have some leftover holy power when Zealotry ends.

With the way this would work, you wouldn't have to mess up your timing if you happen to get three normal holy power. Say you hit your filler and your third holy power procs, but crusader strike is also off cooldown now, you can hit CS, use the HoL TV, and then use your three holy power TV in place of the next filler without wasting anything. Then you're right back to hitting the next CS to proc HoL again.

Or another way to look at it, instead of this:

Zealotry
TV
CS--> 3 holy power
TV
Filler (procs 1 holy power, 1 holy power wasted)
CS--> 3 holy power
TV
etc

You would get:

Zealotry
TV
CS--> HoL
TV (consumes HoL)
Filler (procs 1 holy power)
CS--> HoL
TV (consumes HoL)
Filler (procs second holy power)
CS--> HoL
TV (consumes HoL)
Filler (procs third holy power cause you're lucky)
TV (consumes HoL)
TV (consumes three holy power)
CS--> HoL
etc

Overall I don't think it would be a very huge change, but it would feel a lot less sloppy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the idea for Zealotry. One of the most frustrating things about using it is having 3HP, having AoW proc, hitting Exo, hitting TV, and having 2HP. Divine purpose almost completely washes away Zealotry far too often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/26/2010 7:56 PMPosted by Cayse
I like the idea for Zealotry. One of the most frustrating things about using it is having 3HP, having AoW proc, hitting Exo, hitting TV, and having 2HP. Divine purpose almost completely washes away Zealotry far too often.

Just dump the 2 HP into a TV for PvE or WoG for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The best idea I saw for Zealotry was to make it so that all HoP abilities consume 1 HoP for the effect of 3 during it's duration. Not my idea actually, but it would work perfectly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/26/2010 5:55 PMPosted by Rihard
Blizzard has already stated that they want to look at our mastery. Just turn it into a passive bonus of some sort already.

Not trying to be "That guy" but do you remember where? I would like to read the post.
Reply Quote
60 Orc Warrior
12/27/2010 11:55 AMPosted by Nostrodomis
Blizzard has already stated that they want to look at our mastery. Just turn it into a passive bonus of some sort already.

Not trying to be "That guy" but do you remember where? I would like to read the post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1550772#blog

Bottom of the fourth paragraph.

Mastery is a new stat for us, and while it's working great for some talent specs, we'll almost certainly have to tweak it for others in a future patch (Unholy and Retribution come to mind, because their masteries currently affect sources of damage that just aren't large enough to be competitive). ~GC
Reply Quote
87 Troll Warrior
they said that ret an uh need different masteries
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/26/2010 9:03 PMPosted by Lerentis
The best idea I saw for Zealotry was to make it so that all HoP abilities consume 1 HoP for the effect of 3 during it's duration. Not my idea actually, but it would work perfectly.

This could be problematic though. Imagine it like this. You have 3 HP, hit Zealotry, and TVx3. Beyond the fact that 3 TVs back-to-back is very, very powerful regardless of the current state of TV, there's a 40% chance that each TV could produce another HP potentially producing a lot of extra TVs and/or WoGs. Not to mention HoL might make even more TVs during that time...yeah, that's a bit much.

I think slight tweaks arethe way to go. Like, when Zealotry is active it causes CS to grant 3 HP, but it doesn't "erase" any HP you might have already had. So, when you use that 3HP TV when you already have 2 HP you'll still have 2 left over.

Or maybe re-work Avenging Wrath so that we have a reason to use it during Zealotry. Like maybe remove the Hammer part and double the damage boost or something. Cause right now using wings + zealotry is...less than optimal, what with DP wasting HP all over the place.
Edited by Gloriousmoo on 12/27/2010 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]