Will we get a patch 4.0.8?

2 Troll Warrior
The community is starting to realize how bad ret is and are kicking them from groups and not inviting them to raids. Ret really needs to be fixed before it gets any worse. Every week we're gimped is a week where we fall behind in gear and the 'lolret' mentality grows.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
No one is kicking ret paladins.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Shaman
Ret is fine if you actually know how to use it and the skills. They are bursty but still put out good overall dps.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Warrior
12/27/2010 10:14 AMPosted by Communism

Beat me to it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
No one is really kicking anyone competent right now.

About 90% of the pulls I've seen can be done without CC.

Most of the spells that need interrupts on trash can be done with stuns (I'm BM, so I have zero interrupts but two stuns - intimidation and scatter shot - and that's working out pretty well).

Ret is fine for heroics, particularly given its bursty nature (most trash fights last maybe 1 min at longest, boss fights in the 3-5 min range). I'm sure they'll buff sustained damage for ret (and BM/MM, as well as some other specs) in an upcoming patch.

Sky is not falling.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
12/27/2010 10:14 AMPosted by Communism
Actually, I know a few ret paladins who get insta-kicked as soon as they enter a run. Reason: "Ret". It may not be happening on all battlegroups, but it IS happening. Whether or not it makes any sense...well, this is the internet afterall.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
My Ret buddy is routinely #1 in damage in my heroic runs/raids. He also is my Heroic group's primary form of CC and interrupt (along with my Mind Freeze).

Now, seeing as he is Holy for PVP should tell you that Ret still has some issues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
PvE is reasonably good right now, there are a few specs that need tweaking but no one is absolutely horrid or brokenly op.

PvP, on the other hand, is about worse than ever.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
BiS
I kick ret paladins that don't rebuke. I swear so many ret's complained about not being able to interrupt spells, yet none of them seem to want to use it in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
12/27/2010 11:39 AMPosted by Bladeknight
I kick ret paladins that don't rebuke. I swear so many ret's complained about not being able to interrupt spells, yet none of them seem to want to use it in PVE.

Thats no so much kicking ret paladins as kicking bad players. In LFD pugs most people are so desperate to get good players who know how to avoid fire and put out not terrible numbers they'll take it in whatever form they come in, ret or otherwise.
Reply Quote

Will we get a patch 4.0.8?

Yes but when we do Survival Hunters will be nerfed and BM will be the new dps spec to compensate.

CWIDT?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]