Couple quick buffs for SUBTLETY rogues

2 Night Elf Rogue
Time to reverse the pre-WotLK nerfs. We took some heavy nerfs after the double 4 piece and glaives era which may have been appropriate at that time. Sub spec has decayed much since then though.

*Allow shadowstep while rooted.

*Allow deadly throw interrupt for sub.

Sub needs these tools back since so many kiting tools were added for other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
can we just get the old hemo back that increased damage to the target by 30% lol might be overpowered but would be nice.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 12:35 PMPosted by Quipwicked
can we just get the old hemo back that increased damage to the target by 30% lol might be overpowered but would be nice.

considering sub in bis with raid buffs generates about 16k dps that 30% would put us at 20.8k dps. Isn't that around what other classes are in bis?

though yeah 30% would be a bit much in pvp
Edited by Redfang on 12/27/2010 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

I'm not so convinced. have you seen sub dmg? it's like 5k backstabs...
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 1:02 PMPosted by Euthanyze

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Frankly, the deadly throw interrupt was OP, especially with talents like HAT.

More utility isn't the answer to fixing SUB at this point, what is really needed is just flat damage buffs. Barring the miserable damage it is doing right now (all attacks: rupture, garrote, hemo, backstab, ambush, and eviscerate), the mechanics are perfect imo.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
It's really just damage adjustments that need to be made. Survivability is great.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Rogue
Deadly throw might have been OP when jumping just outside melee range of your target to interrupt something (neilyo vs threk rule) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBMOpK76zk

However, blizzard added a delay to deadly throw when you attempt to use it like that. if you're in melee range and run out of melee range, deadly throw wont work for an extra couple seconds.

so bringing back DT interrupt would act strictly as a long range interrupt. mage sheeping you from 15 yards away you can DT it.

that's not OP.
Edited by Buffrogues on 12/27/2010 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Deadly throw would be OP /w HAT.

I pretty much agree with this guy:
12/27/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Vonroecker
Frankly, the deadly throw interrupt was OP, especially with talents like HAT.

More utility isn't the answer to fixing SUB at this point, what is really needed is just flat damage buffs. Barring the miserable damage it is doing right now (all attacks: rupture, garrote, hemo, backstab, ambush, and eviscerate), the mechanics are perfect imo.
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Rogue
put a cooldown on the interrupt then
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The interrupt was all well and good, possibly op, but it definitely had a place back then. It sucks to be without it, but right now, if any spec needs it back, it's not sub rogues. We need damage now, and maybe some mechanic tweaks, but deadly throw isnt one of them.
Reply Quote
12/27/2010 1:02 PMPosted by Euthanyze

I haven't done any numbers but I will.

In reckful's vid he was getting about 7k backstab crits so 130% of that is 9100 for a crit. I guess I was wrong a more than 30% backstab buff is probably needed, not going to take the time to do the other abilities though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Sub's utility and survivability is fine. It just needs more damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]