Please, More Shockadins.

80 Human Paladin
Seriously, I ran into a shockadin a couple days ago in LFD. I was tanking, and damn I loved this guy.

We were running Lost city and the healer died, this shockadin being the true hybrid spec he was got into gear and kept me alive to down the boss. He was also pumping out fair numbers and he looked damn good doing it.

Whoever says the shockadin is dead and gone needs to really experience the true beauty of this shockadin, magical and wonderful at the same time, a true sight for sore eyes.

EDIT: YEAH I MADE A TYPO SO WHAT BIG DEAL DONT MAKE THIS ANY MORE SERIOUS THEN ITS ALREADY GOTTEN SON.
Edited by Cathlol on 12/27/2010 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello, Alt-of-Someone-Who-Got-Butthurt-In-The-Shockadinquisition-Thread
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Only butthurts are the ones QQing about shockadins ( ^ ). Hell yes, promote them away. Shockadin Fo Life! Vm
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I guess..
hmm.. I guess in theory they would be decent for Heroics

Yes, you have lower dps than a pure, but heroic fights in cata are not dps races for the most part, so you can deal with the lower dps in order for more survivability, as you dont have to deal with an enrage timer.

Why not have 1 lower dps/backup healer

I mean a shockadin is just a holy pally with the talents spec'd slightly different.

(also, was just thinking last night that they would be great as the OS healer for Rohash in the Conclave of wind fight) as they could heal themselves, and the other ranged dps there, while still keeping up some offense

That being said, we lack a CC, have lower dps, and a good healer doesnt need a backup, so...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Shockadin's only problem is lack of hit rating. I assume you can get moderately close to hit cap via reforging. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 1:21 PMPosted by Juicenewton
it really depends on how not awful your tank is, if you have a tank / group that can reliably cc / not get !***d then you can spend a good chunk of your time dpsing

as for queueing as a dps as holy i dont think there is a chance exo just dosent scale at all and inquisition is so horrible for all specs

At 85 no, but at 81 it's fun. At first ppl give you funny looks, then you put out decent numbers, pick up the occasional off heal and ppl love ya. Just something to play with. If the dps was that horrible, I would not waste a group's time. And of course, any group always has the /kick option.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Druid
I do. dumb troll
Edited by Darkkloud on 12/27/2010 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hit rating is not a big deal for a shock spec. We get very good hit from our talent.

A true shock spec does not take Beacon, Tower, or Light of Dawn, since we're saving points for more damage dealing things. That said, It's too easy to have a Shockadin as a hybrid DPS/healer who picks up Beacon and uses it on the tank as they DPS and spam heal themselves with WoG.

Not only does the Shockadin heal themselves, they also toss a bit of passive healing to the tank, making the main healer's job much easier.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 5:59 PMPosted by Ehrion
Hit rating is not a big deal for a shock spec. We get very good hit from our talent.

A true shock spec does not take Beacon, Tower, or Light of Dawn, since we're saving points for more damage dealing things. That said, It's too easy to have a Shockadin as a hybrid DPS/healer who picks up Beacon and uses it on the tank as they DPS and spam heal themselves with WoG.

Not only does the Shockadin heal themselves, they also toss a bit of passive healing to the tank, making the main healer's job much easier.

Actually, if you ever group, Beacon is fantastic. Throw it on the tank, and every time you Judge, the tank gets healed. Smooths out the damage for the heals.

It's more of a utility thing, as that extra point doesn't have anywhere great to go, and you should be using your Holy Power on Inquisition - 30% extra damage on every attack we've got (with the exception of Crusader Strike, assuming you use it) is a big deal.
Edited by Jantilla on 12/27/2010 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont get the appeal of shockadins to be honest. There fun in pvp, but in pve what do you really do? Exo, exo, exo, exo, shock, exo, exo, exo, exo, shock, inquisition!

Its almost as boring as a mage.

I wonder if these topics would exist if ret was more appealing
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I dont get the appeal of shockadins to be honest. There fun in pvp, but in pve what do you really do? Exo, exo, exo, exo, shock, exo, exo, exo, exo, shock, inquisition!

Don't forget, backup heals as well if need be. I would imagine a group with a shockadin and another healer, to actually be carried by that very duo, no matter the group (minus the people that don't know what they are doing and getting one hit killed).

What I don't see very appealing in a group setting though, is the inquisition spell. Within it's time frame, it's pretty hard to find a rotation that keeps it up indefinitely.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 6:27 PMPosted by Lucricia

Don't forget, backup heals as well if need be. I would imagine a group with a shockadin and another healer, to actually be carried by that very duo, no matter the group (minus the people that don't know what they are doing and getting one hit killed).

What I don't see very appealing in a group setting though, is the inquisition spell. Within it's time frame, it's pretty hard to find a rotation that keeps it up indefinitely.

You just do your best to keep inquisition up as much as possible. You can get 12 seconds uptime per 18 seconds if all you do is Holy Shock, which isn't bad.

Also, to Velcat, the playstyle of a Shockadin is very similar to that of an Arcane Mage. The difference is, we can swap to healing at a moment's notice. We can't do a great job of it, but certainly passable to finish off a boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]