Dear Ret Pallies

45 Draenei Shaman
Retribution is NOT a Tanking tree. Please do not queue up as a Tank if you intend to use Retribution. Just because you have plate armor does not mean you can withstand the rigors of of the job you queued for.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
lvl 36 is seriouz business
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
While i agree with you. 10 to 1 odds that any ret that actually reads forums wouldn't bother to que as a tank. We already know were squishy ;)
Reply Quote
45 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2010 10:39 PMPosted by Ðexter
lvl 36 is seriouz business

When I LFD and I get two Ret Pallies popping in as Tanks, yes it is a problem.

In the grand scheme of things it may not be as pressing as other issues but, since it happened twice, I figured a little service announcement was in order.
Edited by Rhomha on 12/27/2010 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
a mage could tank at level 36 to be honest with you
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Sorry to say but until the RDF starts checking specs it'll happen. The people that Que out of spec don't care.
Reply Quote
45 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2010 10:40 PMPosted by Ångel
While i agree with you. 10 to 1 odds that any ret that actually reads forums wouldn't bother to que as a tank. We already know were squishy ;)

My main is a Tankadin who's off-spec is Retribution. I know all too well just how squishy and vulnerable Ret Pallies really are right now. I hope Ret Pallies desiring to get into an LFD quickly read this and realize their spec isn't designed to handle the rigors of tanking. Sure their single target DPS is golden and they can hold that 1 mob's aggro but the 6 other mobs assaulting you will run off and attack the juicier, less well armored, targets.

12/27/2010 10:45 PMPosted by Ðexter
a mage could tank at level 36 to be honest with you

Because a Mage has decent AOEs that can hold aggro. Ret Pallies do not have that luxury... Unless they spam consecration but that's very expensive mana-wise for Ret Pallies.
Edited by Rhomha on 12/27/2010 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Because a Mage has decent AOEs that can hold aggro. Ret Pallies do not have that luxury... Unless they spam consecration but that's very expensive for Ret Pallies.

taking rets craptastic aoe damage and turning it against me...touche my good man.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 10:50 PMPosted by Ðexter
taking rets craptastic aoe damage and turning it against me...touche my good man

now thats funny...and true...and truth hurts...so laughing must cause pain?
Edited by Ångel on 12/27/2010 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/27/2010 10:54 PMPosted by Ångel
taking rets craptastic aoe damage and turning it against me...touche my good man

now thats funny...and true...and truth hurts...so laughing must cause pain?

that wouldd mean ret causes pain

blizz should prob nerf that
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ROTFLMAO
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I've been in so many lowbie runs on my alts with ret pallies, balance druids, arms/fury warriors etc, and sadly so many of them end in failure.

If you can tank in the spec, go for it. But if we wipe because you can't tank for @!@% in those lowbie instances, you're getting the boot.

I really think Blizzard should check specs. I've actually run into a few instances at level 80 in Wrath, where a few ret paladins queued for heroics. Sure heroics were easy but you can't tank those.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Ret can tank anything in the old world as long as they slap on a shield, they can tank most things in OL too but it gets a bit rougher and it's best to go prot at that point.

A Ret tanking for you in low level dungeons is making the run go faster, get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is a pretty funny thread but from what i've seen any plate class no matter the spec. In heirlooms or better can easily tank anything up until sixty with a decent healer....well if they can somehow hold aggro. Any tank can tank anything up till 60 without a healer and just 4 dps. anything past that should at least be prot. I've seen many paladins in BC instances healing as ret and surprisingly enough doing well along with enhance shammys this world is such a strange place. :)

Man at least ret pallys can laugh at themselves. I mean every other class is already doing it :) looking on the bright side guys
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]