What spec do you do dailies as?

100 Human Paladin
Simple question i suppose, and, as it is subjective this isn't a "what spec is best?" stupid question. Just something for opinions.

Half my guild is out of town for the holidays and the other half (including myself) is spending our game time leveling alts, leveling trade skills, messing with achievements and only occasionally doing dungeons.

I only log my pally main right now to do his dailies. Even when i DO do dungeons i find myself as holy most of the time right now (still kinda learning them so don't want to tank/lead pugs and so far, even though i typically tank, i'm the only one with a healer offspec at 85 in-guild).

I usually do my dailies as prot... and admitedly its nice when i get jumped by instant respawns in tol barad to live through it... but i feel like i kill things to slowly. To that effect i'm considering a stint as ret/holy (i have a decent ret set saved up) and was wondering how it fared for just grindage (yes, i know its kinda borked right now for our dps but this isn't really meter dps we're talking about).

So... anyway, TL;DR version: When you do your tol'barad, wildhammer, ramkahun and therazane dailies, what spec do you run?

ty :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I go prot because it allows for mass pulls with aoe, and sure, at times it seems slow on dps, but you can single target (at least I can, maybe be gear though) as well as other classes. And, especially for TB, being able to walk in, fight everything as I make my way to the Dog/Mage/Warden and proceed to clean up is always useful. That and ganking a prot is more of a pain, unless planned or outnumbered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Usually ret. There are a few spots like in TB that I'll switch prot to mow down the fast respawns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In my lolret pvp spec/glyphs + SoI i can easily rip through dailys with no downtime
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Tyvm for the responses everyone :)

May have to give ret a shot... hell whats the worst that can happen? I waste ~100g? Scary there.

And fab... SoI? Seriously? lol. Actually kinda intrigued... i only have ever used SoI on my holy spec in dungeons. Does seal of truth really amount for such a tiny amount of kill speed? (seriously, I did ret to 85 in the beta but haven't been it on live yet so while i know the priority system i'm shaky on smoothing out the mechanics lol).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/30/2010 8:02 PMPosted by Skyfiredraco
Tyvm for the responses everyone :)

May have to give ret a shot... hell whats the worst that can happen? I waste ~100g? Scary there.

And fab... SoI? Seriously? lol. Actually kinda intrigued... i only have ever used SoI on my holy spec in dungeons. Does seal of truth really amount for such a tiny amount of kill speed? (seriously, I did ret to 85 in the beta but haven't been it on live yet so while i know the priority system i'm shaky on smoothing out the mechanics lol).

1.8k heal every hit, this includes judgements, cstrike, and TV

You may find yourself needing to WoG when you have 2-3 mobs on you but for the most part you will pretty much fly through dailys.

Edit: Regarding SoT, it doesn't stack fast enough on single target to really be effective.
Edited by Fabius on 12/30/2010 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Interesting...

Still deciding if i want to go with a more survival based pvp build or the standard pve build floating around but the SoI with WoG filler deal sounds interesting for daily grindage at least :)

ty
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm prot/ret, with prot gear being the better one..

when my guildies not around..I just Q for dps and go do something else..

nothing worse than tanking when nothing is dying
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]