Pally Tanking Made Easy

85 Tauren Paladin
SY
12/24/2010 12:45 AMPosted by Xayton
You missed the point.

No I didn't. I'm just saying give the guy SOME credit.
85 Tauren Paladin
SY
Also, his tone in his posts is excitement and eager to impart his "knowledge" on others. Not arrogant, regardless of his stubbornness.
85 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 12:48 AMPosted by Harani
Also, his tone in his posts is excitement and eager to impart his "knowledge" on others. Not arrogant, regardless of his stubbornness.

His first post was like this. His other one explaining why I am wrong isn't.
85 Tauren Paladin
SY
Well we both know this isn't going anywhere. My closing argument is as follows: He is stubborn in his ignorance, but he isn't without hope considering he can tank a raid boss.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
avoidance is nice. being able to take a hit is better imo. if the healer is doing their job then you shouldn't have to worry about self heals. or healing others.
85 Tauren Paladin
12/24/2010 12:49 AMPosted by Xayton

His first post was like this. His other one explaining why I am wrong isn't.

You mean the post AFTER you told him "LOL U R Doo it Wrung!".

Being misinformed about something is easy to fix. It's not nearly as easy to fix being a jerk. The way you speak to people you don't know says alot about the type of person you are, even when they're "wrong" or they "deserve" it.

But WTH do I know, right? I'm just a "Baddie" so I should feel lucky that people like you still allow me to post on the forums...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys are really talking about threat? You honestly don't need the extra crit. I don't know if you guys haven't noticed but threat is the least of a tanks concern right now.
85 Human Paladin
I recommend no one follow this person's guide. There are many, many wrong things about it.
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
And while you are on the subject of trying to correct my armory I would kindly like to point out to you that the Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond currently out classed by Austere still. It has been worked out that it either is 1) bugged, or 2) has an incorrect tooltip. It is only providing a 1% block value increase not 5%.

I never specified on the meta, thank you for bringing it up. I put this gem in hoping to get a bonus out of it, Ofcourse the 2% to armor is best gem in slot for tanking!
85 Human Paladin
You've all been trolled. Good show OP I laughed a little. Very little.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2010 3:22 AMPosted by Macra
You've all been trolled. Good show OP I laughed a little. Very little.
I didn't laugh at all.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
The man plays a moo cow paladin.

I mean... Come on! Everyone knows taurens are the worst race in the game.

On a side note, if you really aren't a troll, may I please direct you to maintankadin... More specifically, go to the forums and the basic training section.

Also, to the man that says to give him credit for killing a boss... He killed Halfus, who has the potential to be the easiest raid boss out right now... I'm talking easier than heroic bosses (granted, he also has the potential to be nigh unkillable right now).

Also, OP, get those points out of holy ground. WTF are you doing, consecration is terrible now.
Edited by Hayduken on 12/24/2010 10:34 AM PST
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
I recommend consecration mainly too help with agro on cc'ing mobs like the caster mob in bastion twilight that cc's for a long time meanwhile consecrate ticks.
85 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 12:37 PMPosted by Incredabull
I recommend consecration mainly too help with agro on cc'ing mobs like the caster mob in bastion twilight that cc's for a long time meanwhile consecrate ticks.

If you have the mana to support it, that is fine. But for the most part it is better to just skip it entirely unless you are tanking A LOT of mobs at once.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure why i read the huge arguments but i'd prefer Xayton to tank for me after reading. Threat really is an issue with geared dps and when tanks are doing 10-12k dps, every bit counts for progression.

if the healer is doing their job then you shouldn't have to worry about self heals. or healing others.

Healers can generally play better if tanks/raid are dying, dps can't meet enrage timers by playing better.
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
You are absolutely right Swoe when it comes to beating enrage timers, Xayton will have amazing dps for a tank. Might actualy be usefull for beating Heroic Raid Bosses Enrage Timer.

But we are still early in Progression. Beating Enrage timers can still be possible with a low dps Tank.
Even a low dps tank with can generate high agro and sustain great raid survivability with heals.

It is true that healers should do there job to keeping everyone alive. But through my experiences its not always as easy as it seems. One mess up from a member can hurt the raid normaly from dying early or standing in no mans land and taking a ton of damage.
Healers will usualy ignore healing the low healthed person for the time being to keep tank up. Thats when I can throw down a heal on him to put healers back on track.

Oh and i've killed 2 raid bosses, one of which is from BH. Easy boss and other is Halfus. Got stuck at Dragon boss due to raid members awareness.
BH runs are with pugs, not as reliable as guild and when I downed Halfus it was with Guild's 2nd 10m group. Most were not Top Main Raiders.
Edited by Incredabull on 12/24/2010 4:43 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
12/24/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Incredabull
You are absolutely right Swoe when it comes to beating enrage timers, Xayton will have amazing dps for a tank. Might actualy be usefull for beating Heroic Raid Bosses Enrage Timer.

But we are still early in Progression. Even a low dps tank with can generate high agro and sustain great raid survivability with heals.

It is true that healers should do there job to keeping everyone alive. But through my experiences its not always as easy as it seems. One mess up from a member can hurt the raid normaly from dying early or standing in no mans land and taking a ton of damage.
Healers will usualy ignore healing the low healthed person for the time being to keep tank up. Thats when I can throw down a heal on him to put healers back on track.

Oh and i've killed 2 raid bosses, one of which is from BH. Easy boss and other is Halfus. Got stuck at Dragon boss due to raid members awareness.
BH runs are with pugs, not as reliable as guild and when I downed Halfus it was with Guild's 2nd 10m group. Most were not Top Main Raiders.

There is nothing wrong with throwing heals out to help out your healers, I do it all the time. You keep forgetting that PotI hardly helps you in that matter. A +15% crit chance to WoG is more helpful then a little bit of extra healing back to yourself.
65 Draenei Paladin
Lol don't worry about threat because you have a taunt. I've never tanked past lvl 75 and I know this is bad. Taunts are for saving the heals, imo. when you take a big damage spike and the heals goes nuts on you, sometimes a mob will break for them. That's when you taunt. And maybe when the stacked AB spamming mage rips one off you. PotI I could maybe buy before they fixed it, for bigger self heals from WoG, but that only works on other people now. As tank you should really only ever have to heal yourself. Maybe a LoH if the priest is about to eat it. Crusade is a must have, for threat, and for topping off after the pull with 300% HL. (I dunno if this works at 85 with no XP.) 30% damage to CS and HotR seems to me to be too much to pass up. My 2c.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]