Pally Tanking Made Easy

85 Dwarf Paladin

12/24/2010 1:03 AMPosted by Omegathanos
avoidance is nice. being able to take a hit is better imo.

what hits so hard that makes this valid
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/24/2010 9:47 PMPosted by Glandal
avoidance is nice. being able to take a hit is better imo.

what hits so hard that makes this valid

It isn't an issue of one single thing hitting hard but would you rather rely on RNG for surviving an encounter?
44 Tauren Druid
Pally Tanking Made Easy
because it is hard right?
85 Draenei Paladin
Honestly , if you're doing 15% - 20% of your raids healing , theres something really wrong here. I'd rather have that chance of Crit you know that extra 18% or so crit correct me if im wrong than something that wont even put a dent in your health pool when you heal someone else, wont even cover the health from the boss hitting you ONCE . Honestly , i think xaytons guide is a wee bit better.
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
The 15-20%+ healing done can only be attainable in 5man groups. In 10m groups when you have 2 healers it's reduced to 10%, 3 heals can sustain 5-7%.
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
Bump!
85 Human Paladin
12/26/2010 6:44 PMPosted by Incredabull
Bump!

...Why...why bump this?
85 Draenei Paladin
I nearly nerdraged when my boyfriend agreed with the OP.
10 Gnome Rogue
12/26/2010 8:40 PMPosted by Laserzpewpew
I nearly nerdraged when my boyfriend agreed with the OP.

nerdrage!!!

(do I need to regulate here? looks like zap and xayton have things mostly in hand)
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
I bumped this forum cause I want to hear more comments. I want to hear comparisons that can define my tactic pros and cons
85 Human Paladin
12/27/2010 1:16 AMPosted by Incredabull
I bumped this forum cause I want to hear more comments. I want to hear comparisons that can define my tactic pros and cons

We have already been through all of this.
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
Bumpitybumpbumpbump!?!?!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Couldn't force myself to keep reading after seeing the OP post a few times, so I'm merely going to leave the thread like this.

OP's an idiot.
85 Human Paladin
If taunt is a major factor in your ability to hold threat in normal circumstances, you fail as a tank. Plain and simple. Damage output is practically directly related to threat generation now. I don't think there are even any more "and also causes a high amount of threat" abilities. The only ability we have that increases our threat gen above and beyond what non-tanks can generate is Righteous Fury.

IMO Blizzard should bring back taunt immune mobs just so I can see people like the OP fall flat on their face.
90 Human Paladin
01/02/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Azzahn
IMO Blizzard should bring back taunt immune mobs just so I can see people like the OP fall flat on their face.

I never understood why people were so harsh on these forums.
90 Human Paladin
To be honest, I started my pally about 5 months ago, and shortly thereafter, I was breezing through azeroth as Retribution. I dual-specced Prot about 2 months ago and was on my way to ICC, Finally after multiple PUG runs, I finally managed to de-throne the King! Now since Cata has come out yes, there has been some changes to modern pally tanking! I agree with the fact that healing the raid while your tanking and managing to still hold aggro can somewhat be a challenge, because healers already have it hard in the first place with these new heroics! To be honest, Blizzard did not want to make the game masterable 4 weeks after release, so being that healers are tanks best friends, and perhaps lead to lower repair bills, take part in the raid and help those that need assistance, after all it's all about teamwork, I did not defeat the lich king by walking up and slaping him in the face, lol it took raid awareness and dedication, so play on tanks, and discover the ability to do different things other than being a meatstick! LOL!
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
TY Tossbak for the reply! This guy gets it and understand the focus around tanking.

I'd like to comment on the Hand of Reckoning spell. It is not the same as wrath and does not generate additional threat anymore but can be used to hold target for small amount of time.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What happened to 20 expertise 30 stam?

Kiiiiiiiiiiiinda lol
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, I miss BC paladin tanking
You WOTLK+ are crazy
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]