Pally Tanking Made Easy

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, I miss BC paladin tanking
You WOTLK+ are crazy
85 Tauren Paladin
xLR
I miss WotLK when stam stacking was fun and hit wasnt at all important. Those were the good old days when all you needed was 514 def cap.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
WoTLK was never fun, TBC was the pinnacle of paladin tanking, and I'll defend it to the death

Also, ret was hilarious back raiding TK/SSC/Hyjal/BT, 800 dps ftfw
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^
You made my morning wonderful
88 Blood Elf Paladin
01/02/2011 4:55 PMPosted by Farranor
I miss WotLK when stam stacking was fun and hit wasnt at all important. Those were the good old days when all you needed was 514 def cap.

Was it fun, being 128 def rating below the raid crit cap? It sounds like good times.

At the very least, his healer was kept busy.

This thread is not nearly as harsh as people think, I've seen much ruder threads. Everyone has been pretty nice about explaining why the OP is wrong. I'm enormously glad I haven't gone Tauren yet tho.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/02/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Incredabull

514? yeah....about that. It was 535 for heroics and 540 for raids in wrath.

[edit] Why is this thread still alive anyways? Oh, that's right we can't help but respond to the trolling. Just too much fun to not go along with it.
Edited by Credopals on 1/3/2011 8:54 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread provided me with so many rofls in my work day today.

I'm not sure what else it's useful for... but it's pretty hilarious!
85 Human Paladin
I don't know if it's just sad or downright hilarious that the OP believes all the crap that he's putting out there. *facepalm*

88 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2010 2:26 AMPosted by Novar
You guys are really talking about threat? You honestly don't need the extra crit. I don't know if you guys haven't noticed but threat is the least of a tanks concern right now.

Depends on the quality of your dps, and how much self / group healing you are having to do. If your utilizing all of your holy power on heals, and your dps are putting out good numbers, then threat is an issue. Otherwise, not so much.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh...dear...god...

I'm pressing the delete key as hard and as fast as I can, but it's not transmitting the message to Blizzard to delete this horrid thread... halp!!!
84 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey bull, why don't you use Glyph of Seal of Truth?

Isn't that 10 expertise kind of a no-brainer?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/04/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Robictus
Hey bull, why don't you use Glyph of Seal of Truth?

Isn't that 10 expertise kind of a no-brainer?

The whole thread is one massive troll on the paladin tanking community.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Considering the OP isn't even specc'd the way he wants others to spec: TROLL

I have a differing opinion from Mr X and Mr incredible when it comes to Mastery VS. Stamina. That however, is a topic for another time.
85 Human Paladin
12/23/2010 9:34 PMPosted by Holyrunner
yes healing yourself and the party is actually a key mechanic for paladin tanks now.
me and my buddy find ourselves healing our entire party all the time avoiding wipes with him tanking and me trying to dps
Also when i tank i find myself using hands of freedom and such on party members to. dont forget holy radiance! what we lack for in most everything we make up for in keeping party members alive

Heroics in my off spec tank gear are a joke now. I switch over to SoT so heals dont fall asleep. Or Aoe pull to make it a little more challenging now.

WoG heals and proc Wog again is so Nice, lol. Get that 35-40k crit heal and then another free WoG fo r30 shield absorb.

Tanks, mana permitting, Dont be afraid to Pop divine plea as you pull for the 3 instant HP.
Immediately Cancel Divine plea, pop AW and Holy radiance, Taunt(hand of reckoning), Avenging shield pull, SotR with the 3HP and watch your threat sky rocket.
90 Tauren Paladin
You guys are getting trolled so hard.
22 Tauren Paladin
Pally Tanking Made Easy

Pally Tanking Easy

Pally Easy
85 Blood Elf Paladin
That is an incredibility poor justification for anything. Use the same logic he barely raided Wrath. I can't control how fast my guild mates gear up.

The only thing useful you have done is taken information from a variety of credible sources, and copy pasted them into the wow forums. That hardly makes you an authority in the area of Paladin tanking.

Go ahead and flame the OP, but aside from possessing a somewhat coherent grasp of the English language, unlike the original poster, your ability to copy paste is the only thing that sets you two apart.
85 Human Paladin
01/04/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Indictable
That is an incredibility poor justification for anything. Use the same logic he barely raided Wrath. I can't control how fast my guild mates gear up.

The only thing useful you have done is taken information from a variety of credible sources, and copy pasted them into the wow forums. That hardly makes you an authority in the area of Paladin tanking.

Go ahead and flame the OP, but aside from possessing a somewhat coherent grasp of the English language, unlike the original poster, your ability to copy paste is the only thing that sets you two apart.

Never claimed I was, so I am not exactly sure what purpose your post even serves. Everything the OP said can very easily be disproved, so you can continue to try and bash me all you want but raiding experience =/= understanding a class.

I'll use you as an example. You have clearly raided this expansion but you don't know how to spec. Hallowed Ground is in no way a better use of 2 points then Grand Crusader. Besides Grand Crusader is twice the threat Hallowed Ground is, and I am not even taking into account a great use in AoE tanking and a SOMEWHAT reliable interrupt if you really need it. You also seem to think Seals of the Pure is better then Rule of Law. Not only is Rule of Law more threat then Seals of the Pure it also boots WoGs effectiveness due to an increased crit chance.

So honestly if you are going to try and bash me for "my ability to copy paste" I suggest you know what you are doing first.
Edited by Xayton on 1/4/2011 1:18 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread delivers.

Seriously, I laughed then cried, then laughed again. I read the OP and thought 0/10, but then he came back like a champ and managed to make this a 7 or an 8.

Thanks for the lols.

Edit: Oh also, Bliz.. See this is what happens when you don't sticky Xayton's guide.
Edited by Sarrael on 1/4/2011 1:30 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]