Pally Tanking Made Easy

85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Indictable
I gotta side with Lagspike on this one.

Color me surprised. Not that anyone cares who you'd side with in this discussion, but siding with an obvious troll who is supporting your own bad arguments is hardly news.

01/06/2011 2:11 PMPosted by Indictable

Good writers, and people who communicate effectively write clearly, and do not use fancy words just for the sake of using them.

And tell me, since you're such an expert, what kind of writers don't understand the difference between your and you're?

The garbage you are spewing is just a manifestation of you insecurities, and your desire to appear intelligent in a desperate attempt to impress people in a discussion forum for a video game.

Spare me the dime store psychology. Or better still, employ your skills a little closer to home. Tell me, what kind of sad sad individual would feel the need to try and prove themselves by picking fights with contributing members of the forums, browbeating critics with your modest raid progression, and promoting obvious trolls?

umad?

no u
70 Draenei Paladin
I sincerely hope that some of the more colorful posters here who have intentions of presenting helpful and useful information for other members of the community, realize fully their social pitfalls made apparent in this thread, and take steps to avoid them in the future. I would hate to see a guide writer responding to individuals within his own guide in the manner I've seen here.

Heated debates that get the blood going are one thing, but contemptuous and disrespectful bickering between individuals yields few positive results despite what one might believe. The only thing I have observed here in this thread, are individuals who appear as defensive as they are quick to disregard their own morales.

None have won any points here in this thread, even when you attempted to reconcile, you each quickly reverted back to pot shots at people you should have been ignoring entirely, usually in the very next post.

If one wishes to be respected, offer respect. By using a more respectful tone, especially in the face of overwhelming ignorance, it can be earned by your opposing party as well as those observing it. If individuals disrespect you on the forums and violate the rules, report it and have it removed. By responding to it, or even addressing it, you give it power over you.

Don't let it.

The points made here I care very little for, even the OP's, which is an old concept that reaches back to the Burning Crusade - Mitigation Vs Health Vs Threat Gen. What interests me is productive dialogue on game mechanics and applications, but I certainly don't find reading thru 6-8 pages of useless discourse to get to a scrap of useful data a productive use of my time.

I regret having to post this, and if you feel I am insulting you in any way, please note that is most certainly not my intent. Because I'm not angry, I'm saddened by whats happened here, and I am trying to be as respectful to each of you with this response as possible. I think some of you have some interesting opinions and a lot to bring to the table in these discussions on the topic, but going about it this way is very counterproductive.

Again, I do not mean to lecture or insult. Please do not take it as so.
Edited by Deathpony on 1/6/2011 3:01 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Enchanting
Gloves - armsman - 2% threat increase and 10 parry
Or 50 to Mastery - best enchant when agro is not a problem

Feet - 50 Mastery to boots, more useful than enchant 30stam and faster walk speed.

I'm ignoring the arguing above and just wanted to comment on this. Threat should never be an issue if the pally is hit/exp capped, that said, I would suggest +50 str to gloves over +2 threat still as we now receive parry from STR just like DK's and with either Kings or MotW are given more than the 10 Parry in avoidance, though the Mastery +50 is great too.

Also, and as a rule of thumb, there isn't really any reason to use pre-85 enchants on lvl 85 gear. We have better stuff now. If you're poor or still farming the mats (like I am) for enchants then slapping on some armor kits cause you have nothing better is totally acceptable as in the end, if you're too poor or lonely to enchant, at least stam yourself. ;)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2011 2:28 PMPosted by Laserzpewpew
Xayton is amazing. Anyone who disagrees is just a pancake fanboy.
So basically the people who disagree that Xayton is amazing are filthy waffle haters?
Makes sense to me.
If you hate waffles, you obviously hate truth, justice and the Paladin way. /nods sagely while waving a giant pink standard
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How about I tank the way that works for me and screw everyone trying to tell me otherwise.

Ill follow advice on gems, specs or other obvious cookie cutter stuff like that but don't tell me the way you play is how I should, I'll play the way it works best for me thanks :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm but having stam gems for blue gear to reach a certain hp threshold is important though for soaking specific attacks eg. Chimaeron's double attack
85 Human Paladin
I like TURTLES!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2011 6:00 PMPosted by Revmeplz
How about I tank the way that works for me and screw everyone trying to tell me otherwise.

Ill follow advice on gems, specs or other obvious cookie cutter stuff like that but don't tell me the way you play is how I should, I'll play the way it works best for me thanks :)

which parts specifically do you not agree with?
85 Draenei Paladin
01/06/2011 5:46 PMPosted by Anzer
Xayton is amazing. Anyone who disagrees is just a pancake fanboy.
So basically the people who disagree that Xayton is amazing are filthy waffle haters?
Makes sense to me.
If you hate waffles, you obviously hate truth, justice and the Paladin way. /nods sagely while waving a giant pink standard

This is truth.
85 Human Paladin
01/06/2011 8:06 PMPosted by Råge
How dare he have a different opinion than the self-proclaimed hero of the nerds on the pally forums!

I'll go get the pitchforks...

Seriously, it's not like the old debate on Avoidance/Mitigation vs Self-Healing vs Threat generation is new or anything.

People %!#%!ing at the OP are just plain pathetic. End of story.

You mad bro?
85 Human Paladin
Where's the beef?
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's the deal with Hit/Expertise right now. Most tanks I'm seeing while healing are only sitting around 2-3% unbuffed hit and usually below 20 Expertise with the SoT glyph. No threat issues are happening. Why you ask? Well that's because there is buff food that gives you hit rating/stam and a nice elixir that gives a huge boost to hit as well.

What you lack in gear... buff for. Simple.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2011 2:00 AMPosted by Wraithclaw
Here's the deal with Hit/Expertise right now. Most tanks I'm seeing while healing are only sitting around 2-3% unbuffed hit and usually below 20 Expertise with the SoT glyph. No threat issues are happening. Why you ask? Well that's because there is buff food that gives you hit rating/stam and a nice elixir that gives a huge boost to hit as well.

Except tanks don't use hit/expertise food or elixirs.

You don't need hit cap, or 26 expertise to tank.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2011 2:00 AMPosted by Wraithclaw

you mean you dont MASTERY FOOD?

must have more mastery
90 Human Paladin

Except tanks don't use hit/expertise food or elixirs.

You don't need hit cap, or 26 expertise to tank.

You make me cry... If someone isn't happy with a low hit % then it is an option for them to use the buff food or elixirs to make up for it.

you mean you dont MASTERY FOOD?

must have more mastery

Once you get around 50% block you are going to start pushing dodge/parry off the avoidance table, or at least that's how I understand it. You still want to AVOID a hit versus just reducing it by 30-40% so if anything you want to eat dodge or parry food and such...

I sit around 83% avoidance unbuffed right now and with my trinket procs and buff I'm damn near golden.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]