Pet for paladin or not?

100 Human Paladin
I received a Maccaw as a pet in a quest. Can a paladin use one or not? I've checked out some pet trainers and they say they only train hunters. How can I train my pet if possible? How do I get more advance pets? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Death Knight
My God.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
What you have is a non combat pet. Just right click on it to use it. Paladins do get combat pets, unless you count guardian of ancient kings at level 85.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
Not your god..... My god.....
Reply Quote
12/24/2010 7:28 PMPosted by Backhair
My God.

Yeah because when you were new to this game (as this poster obviously is) you knew everything there was to know about it. Stop being an %%##@!*!
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
only hunters can get permanent pets...what you have is just for *!!!s and giggles

fun though
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Death Knight
12/24/2010 7:32 PMPosted by Laelis
Yeah because when you were new to this game (as this poster obviously is) you knew everything there was to know about it. Stop being an %%##@!*!

Trololololo no.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Best thread ever.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i am in huge support of this thread if you try hard enough the pet trainer will let you get a pet just click on him enough times
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I rolled a warrior first way back in vanilla, and at level 10 I was trying to prestige that warrior character as a paladin.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
my best screw up was not knowing the difference between 2h and dual wield and spending nearly 3 hours traveling from city to city asking in trade how to get it and spending all the money i had on training up all the different weapon types
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2010 7:23 PMPosted by Hilanderr
I received a Maccaw as a pet in a quest. Can a paladin use one or not? I've checked out some pet trainers and they say they only train hunters. How can I train my pet if possible? How do I get more advance pets? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, think of the Maccaw as a pet pet. Like a little chihuahua or something. It follows you around and generally is just cool to have around. But it doesn't do anything. These are also called non-combat pets. They're for show, though you can also get several achievements by getting pets.

A Hunter pet (or a Lock minion) are "combat" pets. They actually have abilities and fight with you. Only Hunters and Warlocks get those. Death Knights, if they spec Unholy, can also make their little Ghoul thing into a combat pet.

So your little Maccaw is just there to give you a companion to travel around the world with. :) Kinda like how you can have lots of different mounts, but they don't fight with you.

Note: For the sake of argument, I'm assuming this was a genuine question, not a troll, and trying to be helpful in that sense. If it was a genuine question...well, hope I've been helpful. If it wasn't, I don't really care. :p
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
12/24/2010 7:23 PMPosted by Hilanderr

*Sniff Sniff* I didn't know it was troll season
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Yes it was a real question...Thanks for the help. Even us newbies need help.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't listen to the jerks who like to ruin WoW for people who are (probably) fairly new to the game. As some of the more enlightened responders said basically, you have a non-combat pet, which means it won't help you fight, but they are great for looks or if you get lonely soloing. Yes, pet trainers only train hunters. Warlocks and death knights have combat pets like hunters, which help them fight (but can also be killed, whereas your Maccaw is indestructible :-) You can have many non-combat pets (they're technically called "companions") whatever class you are, but sadly they won't contribute to the fight. Anyway, hope that clarified it a little, and like I said, not all of the people who responded to you are jerks (actually i only saw one or two)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hunter, Warlock, Unholy Death Knight, Frost Mage are the only ones considered towards having a combat pet.
Edited by Bubblespace on 12/26/2010 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]