Enhancement Rotation

I was wondering if anyone knows a decent rotation for an enhancement shaman? Right now I am playing by hitting each button as it comes off cooldown. also does anyone know which fire spell to use with Unleash Elements?
Reply Quote
We use a priority rotation, using the strongest abilities as they're available.

Currently, disregarding cooldown mishaps, the supposed optimal priority list is--

5stack Maelstrom Weapon + Lightning Bolt > Unleash Elements(+Flame Shock) > Lava Lash > Stormstrike > Earth Shock

I think anyways. I believe you don't bother clipping Flame Shock's duration because Earth Shock has a higher damage output in its single burst than refreshing the duration, but I'm not entirely sure on that.
Either way, you always want to use Flame Shock with Unleash Elements because.. that's all we can use with it. Lava Lash isn't affected and we can't afford to sit and cast Lava Burst.
Reply Quote
I hate it when people reply to a question with a link. But until enough people get the story straight and we can get a sticky, a link is the best way to get it across. I'll post a basic priority queue but you should go read about it. It's all explained at the link, just scroll down to the 'Priority Queue' section.

Go read it. It's not all technical and confusing. The main post is basic information that any enhancement shaman should know. If you get into the rest of the thread there will be people talking about numbers and math but you don't have to look at that at all.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t110295-enhancement_unleashing_elements_cataclysmic_discussion/

An example of a priority queue that will work for most people
1 ST Searing Totem
2 LL Lava Lash
3 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
4 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
5 UE Unleash Elements
6 SS Stormstrike
7 ES Earth Shock
8 SW Spirit Wolves
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As you approach your target your rotation should go like this:

Drop totems, flame shock, unleash elements, Stormstrike, lava lash, Lightning bolt (5 stacks maelstrom) Earth shock (Flame shock dot will still be on target) SS (should be off the CD by now) Lava lash (5 stacks of searing bolts) Refresh your Flame shock as it will have around 3 seconds left of dot on the target. While you're waiting on Cool-downs pop Shamanistic, Unleash elements and Feral spirit.

From there it's all about waiting on your 5 stacks of maelstrom for lightning bolt. Don't forget to refresh your searing totem and stay out of fire!

I hope this helped
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I was told that it's:

Unleash Elements, SS, Earth Shock, Lava Lash, and then lightning bolts in between with maelstrom.

That's for PvP, or so I was told, with WF and FB in your MH and OH respectively.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As you approach your target your rotation should go like this:

flame shock, unleash elements,

why would you flame shock then ue UE? when UE buffs up your FS? The link Matuk posted is very helpful and helped clear up a lot for me a couple of days ago every enh shaman should give it a look and bookmark it just in case they forget something. Its not any of the number crunching that is posted a lot on elitist jerks. Just very easy to read information that is very important for any enh shaman
Reply Quote
So why use Lightning Bolt and not Chain Lightning with MW since it does slightly more damage and hits multiple targets?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/27/2010 4:20 PMPosted by Kelsïer
So why use Lightning Bolt and not Chain Lightning with MW since it does slightly more damage and hits multiple targets?

LB scales with spell power much better. ie, higher damage.

Clearly, if you are in an aoe gimpy trash situation, its different.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
I am on your side buddy.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
Have windfury on primary wepon and fire enhancement spell on secondary.

Ok I am seeing these spell rotations and they look like they have lots of flaws. Here is the spell rotations I use.

Drop totems,Unleashed Elements, Fire Shock(with using fire early the long term damage will take place), Fire Nova, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Chain Lightning( with Maelstorm 5 stacks and by having it late the 5 stacks will be there), use Feral Spirit, use Shamanistic Rage and hit any spells that I showed and are ready(when using unleashed elements follow up with Fire shock and when using Stormstrike follow up with Earth Shock and Chain lightning).

Again when using Stormstrike follow up with Earth Shock(Nature Damage Spell) and Chain Lightning(Nature Damage Spell) because Stormstrike increases Nature Damage.

Again when using Unleashed Elements follow up with Fire Shock because Unleased Elements increases the fire damage.

USE THIS SPELL ROTATION!!! THE ONES I SEEN HERE ARE TERRIBLE AND HAVE NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEIR SPELL ROTATiON!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I usually put totems before fight then i use UE as i run to my target the second the tank uses his 1st strike against the boss, then, Flame shock.

Then i follow this priority:

0)Whatever fight mechanic i need to be aware of (interrupt, pressing button, etc..) also, staying alive.
1)Keep Searing totem active.
2)Keep Unleashed Element + Fs on target.
3)Stormstrike.
4)Lava Lash.
5)Lightning Bolt with MW at 2 or more.
6)Earth Shock.
7)Wolves.
8)Lightning Bolt MW 1
9) if im not in melee range, Lava Burst, then Lightning Bolt.

if there are 3+ adds:

1)wait for adds to be in range (or go to them if necessary) and UE + FS
2)LL
3)Fire Nova on CD over enything else.

also, in some cases u can wait before usinf wolfs for a burn phase. Same goes for the Earth Elemental.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
what a bump, props

0)Whatever fight mechanic i need to be aware of (interrupt, pressing button, etc..) also, staying alive.
1)Keep Searing totem active.
2)Keep Unleashed Element + Fs on target.
3)Stormstrike.
4)Lava Lash.
5)Lightning Bolt with MW at 2 or more.
6)Earth Shock.
7)Wolves.
8)Lightning Bolt MW 1
9) if im not in melee range, Lava Burst, then Lightning Bolt.

Keeping SS and LL on CD is more important than keeping FS on the target.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Have windfury on primary wepon and fire enhancement spell on secondary.

Ok I am seeing these spell rotations and they look like they have lots of flaws. Here is the spell rotations I use.

Drop totems,Unleashed Elements, Fire Shock(with using fire early the long term damage will take place), Fire Nova, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Chain Lightning( with Maelstorm 5 stacks and by having it late the 5 stacks will be there), use Feral Spirit, use Shamanistic Rage and hit any spells that I showed and are ready(when using unleashed elements follow up with Fire shock and when using Stormstrike follow up with Earth Shock and Chain lightning).

Again when using Stormstrike follow up with Earth Shock(Nature Damage Spell) and Chain Lightning(Nature Damage Spell) because Stormstrike increases Nature Damage.

Again when using Unleashed Elements follow up with Fire Shock because Unleased Elements increases the fire damage.

USE THIS SPELL ROTATION!!! THE ONES I SEEN HERE ARE TERRIBLE AND HAVE NO REASON WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEIR SPELL ROTATiON!!!!

You're probably seeing problems with the rotations those guys listed because you bumped a thread that's 14 months old and is thus WAY out of date.

You win the stupid necro award for the day, Brutal.
Edited by Hyjinx on 3/15/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Totems
Stormstrike
Lava Lash
Unleash Elements
Flame Shock (only after UE, or to refresh DoT)
Lightning bolt (MWx5)

^In between that priority system i sometimes find myself with nothing to cast for a few seconds, here I will cast Earth Shock if UEs CD is at around 50% done, if not I just keep hitting to try to proc more MW

And the list is a PRIORITY rotation. So SS and LL should be cast as soon as theyre up.
Edited by Bobomikse on 3/15/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]